The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 20 August 2013, 09:33 AM   #1
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Wow, I've never been accused of THIS...until now

Yesterday I saw a nice 16610 Y series FS here. I contacted the seller, asked two questions, then made an offer. He countered and I accepted his counter-offer. I told him I would wire the money today after work. Then last night I wondered if 11.5 links was the correct number for a 93250 bracelet, so I told him I would like to do some research first to make sure the number of links was correct. This morning I discovered that it was in fact the correct number, so I let him know I was good to go. So after work today I went to my bank, and had an issue with the wire transfer. I had never had this problem before so I let the seller know I was going to try to find out what the problem was. When I got home, I got online and found out I could actually initiate a wire transfer online! Pretty cool since my other bank did not allow for this online! ANYWAY, I was in the process of completing the wire when I received another PM from the seller stating that I was a time-waster and not to contact him anymore. REALLY? Those of you whom I've bought from KNOW that I'm a stand-up guy and I don't play games. I take offense at being accused of wasting someone's time, as if I have time to waste. I also think it's very unprofessional for a seller to be so quick to write someone off. However, I will take the high road and not mention his name. Suffice it to say, I won't ever buy from him, or anyone else that acts so unprofessional.
Sorry, I had to vent.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Mark,

As this happened only yesterday I can understand why you would be annoyed.
Some things take time and there are other important things to take care of on a daily basis.
I think this information should go to our reference centre with the Members details.
Good luck with your search.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2013, 09:48 AM   #3
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Mark,

As this happened only yesterday I can understand why you would be annoyed.
Some things take time and there are other important things to take care of on a daily basis.
I think this information should go to our reference centre with the Members details.
Good luck with your search.
That's my point. It's only been a day. Too much time I guess.
Old 20 August 2013, 10:15 AM   #4
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

My thoughts are that if the seller (easy to see who that is by using the search facility) attests that the "you are a timewaster" slur was uttered -

.... he should be gone from this forum, no more sales here.

We don't allow that sort of self indulgent judgement of other members, so disrespectful.

Now proving the matter if he swears nothing of sort was said, more tricky.

Hopefully matters can be resolved without escalation.
Welshwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2013, 10:23 AM   #5
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
My thoughts are that if the seller (easy to see who that is by using the search facility) attests that the "you are a timewaster" slur was uttered -

.... he should be gone from this forum, no more sales here.

We don't allow that sort of self indulgent judgement of other members, so disrespectful.

Now proving the matter if he swears nothing of sort was said, more tricky.

Hopefully matters can be resolved without escalation.
Re: Submariner
This is kinda crazy, don't you think?. First the link situation and now you are unable to send a wire? I think you are a time waster. Don't contact me again.

Quote:Originally Posted by 2th DR
Richard,Just came from Chase bank. I had a problem with them and a wire transfer. I'll have to figure what the problem was as they were no help whatsoever. I have never had a problem with wire transfers until today.Again, if you have another buyer, please, don't hesitate to sell it. This is MY problem, not yours, ok? I'll get back to you if/when I find out what's going on.
Regards,Mark
Old 20 August 2013, 10:32 AM   #6
2th Dr
Banned

Richard, I had a legitimate issue with my bank. I came home and was able to figure out how to send a wire online, but after your last pm, nevermind. I am a reputable buyer/seller on TRF but that's fine. Thanks anyway.

Quote:Originally Posted by NKflyerThis is kinda crazy, don't you think?. First the link situation and now you are unable to send a wire? I think you are a time waster. Don't contact me again.Quote:Originally Posted by 2th DRRichard,Just came from Chase bank. I had a problem with them and a wire transfer. I'll have to figure what the problem was as they were no help whatsoever. I have never had a problem with wire transfers until today.Again, if you have another buyer, please, don't hesitate to sell it. This is MY problem, not yours, ok? I'll get back to you if/when I find out what's going on.Regards,Mark
Old 20 August 2013, 10:35 AM   #7
JUSTROLEXES
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATE-JUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Yacht-Master
I have done many many deals with Mark and sure thing he is as honorable as they come and way 2 far from time waster.
I would deal with him any day of the week and in multiple occasion I ship him watches before getting paid and sure enough I get my money on time and as promised.
His word is as good as gold and if that seller can not wait one day to get his $$$ or to hear the buyer's excuse not sure he will be in business for long
Anyways I thank that seller for keeping the Dr all mine as it's my pleasure to sell him
Old 20 August 2013, 10:44 AM   #8
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
Re: Submariner
This is kinda crazy, don't you think?. First the link situation and now you are unable to send a wire? I think you are a time waster. Don't contact me again.

Quote:Originally Posted by 2th DR
Richard,Just came from Chase bank. I had a problem with them and a wire transfer. I'll have to figure what the problem was as they were no help whatsoever. I have never had a problem with wire transfers until today.Again, if you have another buyer, please, don't hesitate to sell it. This is MY problem, not yours, ok? I'll get back to you if/when I find out what's going on.
Regards,Mark
The word "think" is pretty important.

It turns a pronouncement of judgement into an opinion.

He thinks you're a timewaster. I'd say he's in the vast minority in that view. If he spent enough time outside the FS section he'd know that you're not known for being "flaky" with promises.

Anyway, not enough for me to off the guy but rep damage nonetheless.

Always pays to be civil here, both as a buyer and seller.
Welshwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2013, 10:52 AM   #9
2th Dr
Banned

I wish no ill-will towards the guy. I just think he jumped the gun a bit, and in the process lost a sale.
Old 20 August 2013, 11:01 AM   #10
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrolexes View Post
I have done many many deals with Mark and sure thing he is as honorable as they come and way 2 far from time waster.
I would deal with him any day of the week and in multiple occasion I ship him watches before getting paid and sure enough I get my money on time and as promised.
His word is as good as gold and if that seller can not wait one day to get his $$$ or to hear the buyer's excuse not sure he will be in business for long
Anyways I thank that seller for keeping the Dr all mine as it's my pleasure to sell him
Thank you Tony. The pleasure has always been (and will continue to be) my pleasure my friend!
Old 21 August 2013, 03:07 AM   #11
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Guys, I am the seller that Mark is speaking of. The way things went down is that Mark contacted me with a couple of questions about the watch, which I answered. He then proceeded to make a rather low offer, which I simply chose to ignore. A little while later, he messaged me again asking if I would make a counteroffer. So I made a reasonable counteroffer and he messaged me again saying that "we have a deal" and he will wire the money the following day.

Then a few hours later, he messages me again asking if the number of links quoted in my ad is the correct number (i.e. fully linked). Now keep in mind this was after he had already agreed to purchase in no uncertain terms. I told him that in my opinion, the watch did have all links as original. Mark then replied that he wasn't sure about doing the transaction until he had time to verify what the proper number of links should be and that in the meantime if anyone else would want to purchase the watch, that I should sell it to them.

The next morning, Mark messages me again that he researched the link situation to his satisfaction and wanted to move ahead, so I sent my payment instructions. Later that evening, he messages me that he can't send the wire and that if anyone else wants the watch, I should sell to them. That was when I told him not to contact me again about buying the watch. It was my opinion that not being able to send the wire was the second strike after waffling about the number of links after we had already made a deal.

Granted, I was a little short tempered due to tension at my "real job" but no four-letter words were used or anything like that. I just had a bad feeling about the way things were progressing and would rather sell to another member. If you do a search on this section of the forum, you will see that I have engaged in many successful transactions with other members.

This is my watch and it is my right to choose whether I want to sell to someone or not. I'm not sure why Mark started this thread except as a smear campaign, but it certainly reinforces my decision not to engage in a transaction with him!

Thanks for reading,
Richard
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 03:33 AM   #12
T.S.Eliot
"TRF" Member

Watch: aholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
Guys, I am the seller that Mark is speaking of. The way things went down is that Mark contacted me with a couple of questions about the watch, which I answered. He then proceeded to make a rather low offer, which I simply chose to ignore. A little while later, he messaged me again asking if I would make a counteroffer. So I made a reasonable counteroffer and he messaged me again saying that "we have a deal" and he will wire the money the following day.

Then a few hours later, he messages me again asking if the number of links quoted in my ad is the correct number (i.e. fully linked). Now keep in mind this was after he had already agreed to purchase in no uncertain terms. I told him that in my opinion, the watch did have all links as original. Mark then replied that he wasn't sure about doing the transaction until he had time to verify what the proper number of links should be and that in the meantime if anyone else would want to purchase the watch, that I should sell it to them.

The next morning, Mark messages me again that he researched the link situation to his satisfaction and wanted to move ahead, so I sent my payment instructions. Later that evening, he messages me that he can't send the wire and that if anyone else wants the watch, I should sell to them. That was when I told him not to contact me again about buying the watch. It was my opinion that not being able to send the wire was the second strike after waffling about the number of links after we had already made a deal.

Granted, I was a little short tempered due to tension at my "real job" but no four-letter words were used or anything like that. I just had a bad feeling about the way things were progressing and would rather sell to another member. If you do a search on this section of the forum, you will see that I have engaged in many successful transactions with other members.

This is my watch and it is my right to choose whether I want to sell to someone or not. I'm not sure why Mark started this thread except as a smear campaign, but it certainly reinforces my decision not to engage in a transaction with him!

Thanks for reading,
Richard
Did you lookup Mark in the "Who's Who" section prior to sending him your response?

I believe most successful sellers are those who have patience and know when to use it. At the end of the day, when two people engage in business, both are responsible for their actions.
"Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, / Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep seas swell / And the profit and loss. / A current under sea / Picked his bones in whispers. / As he rose and fell / He passed the stages of his age and youth / Entering the whirlpool. / Gentile or Jew / O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, / Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you."

Cheers,
K
T.S.Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 05:39 AM   #13
ralpie

I recognize both of your names from the forums, and you are both reputable.

Why not just both say "I'm sorry" even if you think you're right and the other is wrong? No need to ruin a reputation over something so silly. 2 good guys here, no need to fight!
ralpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 05:44 AM   #14
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 DATE-JUST41 sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
just misunderstand..............take it easy and it will be happy!

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 08:09 AM   #15
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post

Thanks for reading,
Richard
Your explanation of what transpired is exactly the same as mine, so not sure what your point is in regurgitating it. If my intention was to smear your reputation as you so put it, I would have mentioned who you were from the very beginning but instead I chose not to.
As you have a right to sell or not to sell to whomever you want, I have a right to let others here know how you handled yourself and they have the right to know.
Old 21 August 2013, 08:10 AM   #16
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
I dealt with Mark and it was smooth as silk

I have also dealt with Richard. also a smooth transaction.

cant we all be friends?

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
FNFZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 08:11 AM   #17
2th Dr
Banned

As far as telling you to sell the watch if you have another buyer, that's just common courtesy.
Old 21 August 2013, 08:46 AM   #18
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
I have never dealt with Mark but I've known him for a rather long time and know he is a true gentleman, from all the conversations we've had I wouldn't be able to see him as a time waster of any sort and this situation doesn't make me believe he could ever be.

As far as I'm concerned I think patience comes a long way, especially when you are a seller and even more when the items you sell are pretty expensive. I have never sold anything on TRF but have done it on local ad websites, very often (and I insist on the word very) people will ask me questions about my items or make me very low ball offers and every single time I would answer the questions or politely explain that their price is too low for me. It also happens that people want to meet me and decide to stop the communication without any notice because they've changed their minds, in which case I would ask them if they did change their minds and if I don't get any reply I simply move on. I also work as a clerk in a store and can spend up to an hour explaining products to customers who will end up not buying anything and leave the store.

Have I ever called anybody a time waster? Never...

I don't consider myself an all-time wonderful seller or anything remotely close to that but in this case I cannot justify the use of such terms to describe a potential buyer, especially when the whole thing happened in no more than two days and with just a few questions asked. Problems do happen at times and when it comes to those types of transactions patience can make you avoid a lot of them. I have bought several watches here and on Ebay and started to use wire transfers and Paypal with those transactions, had I been called a time waster the times I was insecure or when a small problem would happen the sellers with whom I dealt would have lost a deal for sure.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 08:56 AM   #19
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
As you have a right to sell or not to sell to whomever you want, I have a right to let others here know how you handled yourself and they have the right to know.
I would only start a negative thread here to warn other members if a seller misrepresented the condition of an item or was attempting fraudulent behavior of some type. I would not start a thread because my feelings got hurt in a private communication between two individuals. Unfortunately, not everyone's personalities are going to be compatible. I'm sorry you have such a thin skin. Over 20 buyers and sellers in the last 14 months seem to think that I handled myself just fine.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 10:09 AM   #20
tyrone
"TRF" Member

Let's all be friends. Buying watches shouldn't be a difficult procedure like pulling teeth.
tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 10:14 AM   #21
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Everybody has had their say maybe this thread should be shut down?
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 10:34 AM   #22
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone View Post
Let's all be friends. Buying watches shouldn't be a difficult procedure like pulling teeth.
Bwa ha ha ha! Actually, for those of us that are skilled at it, it's pretty easy!
Old 21 August 2013, 10:45 AM   #23
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

Guys - don't know either of you but you both seem like good folk! It is easy to lose context in emails and we often see what we want to see. Once down a certain road it is hard to pull back. I think this is simply a case of two people who are both right and wrong at the same time. No harm actually done, supporters of each have come forward so no need to pile on either side. Time for us all to move on!
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 12:46 PM   #24
2th Dr
Banned

Just bought a BNIB 116610 HULK from Dardeca. Wire sent. So much for a time-waster. Have a good night all. I'm out.
Old 21 August 2013, 01:11 PM   #25
Lgear080
Banned

This is a great example of two people whom are not fit to do business
With one another. It certainly does not speak to their individual natures.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 01:26 PM   #26
mr.president1
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Wow, quite the read!!! I'd say that the seller should never had been so blunt. After all the buyer did not ask that the watch be held... If I was trying to sell the watch, I'd want to actually sell it, even if I had to wait or reaffirm any queries... I honestly don't get why the seller did that.... He lost a sale! Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion! Sucks to be the seller, because now he has to wait for someone else to buy it.... Well if any one does now at this point...

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 02:51 PM   #27
waQstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16760
I dub this thread, " the submariner blues"
I only see misunderstanding here, no big deal guys.. It's just a watch
Old 21 August 2013, 05:00 PM   #28
andyboy39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
Hmmm.. Interesting read, how I see it, one jumps the gun and the other publicizes it? Both seem like good intelligent folk. Move on I say...
andyboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 05:06 PM   #29
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Thread is a good example how to differentiate a seller from an excellent one imo.

I know that some sellers here will agree, I tend to annoy them with my questions, doubts and troubles - the extremely good ones never lost patience with me (and let me point out Mosco in that regard) and I really appreciate it!

If selling would be easy - everyone could do it.
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2013, 05:07 PM   #30
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Seems like a rude response from seller. I don't know that I would have gone public on this. But in general, I avoid people that don't demonstrate basic courtesy and kindness.
threemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote