The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 December 2013, 02:16 PM   #1
SUBversive
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ri
Watch: Sun Dial
Posts: 14,353
American Hustle

Saw this movie recently. Wondering if any TRF members saw this and thoughts. I think this was the best movie I've seen in a very long time. Well done period piece. Incredible cast and acting. Amazing flick but I won't be a spoiler.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 02:34 PM   #2
mr.president1
"TRF" Member
 
mr.president1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio,UnitedStates
Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Posts: 1,438
Watched it the other day! Loved it!

Interesting thing. One of the men, Bradley Cooper's boss in the movie was wearing a ceramic 116718LN Gold Rolex GMT-Master II... I love how people put watches in movies that were put in a movie setting much older than the watch. The 116718 didn't exist in the 1970's and 80's... So, that part killed me when I saw that. They should have not have used that watch, it made it a little inauthentic for us watch enthusiasts

Love the movie though!!! It was great!
__________________

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member
 
Wesley Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Real Name: Wes
Location: Holosuite
Posts: 6,350
Saw it on Xmas. I thought it was a good movie. Definitely better than 99% of the crap made these days.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 02:37 PM   #4
mr.president1
"TRF" Member
 
mr.president1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio,UnitedStates
Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Posts: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
I thought it was a good movie. Definitely better than 99% of the crap made these days.
x2

__________________

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 02:38 PM   #5
SUBversive
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ri
Watch: Sun Dial
Posts: 14,353
Didn't spot that. That was Louis ck. seen him w rolex before. Christian bale wore a gold rolex I thought.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 02:40 PM   #6
mr.president1
"TRF" Member
 
mr.president1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio,UnitedStates
Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Posts: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBversive View Post
Didn't spot that. That was Louis ck. seen him w rolex before. Christian bale wore a gold rolex I thought.
I knew there was someone else that wore one. I believe it was a yellow gold day-date. From the size of the watch on his wrist, I was lead to believe DJ2.. But not 100%... Looked great on his wrist!
__________________

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 02:43 PM   #7
SUBversive
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ri
Watch: Sun Dial
Posts: 14,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.president1 View Post
I knew there was someone else that wore one. I believe it was a yellow gold day-date. From the size of the watch on his wrist, I was lead to believe DJ2.. But not 100%... Looked great on his wrist!
With that gold bracelet ... Pure 1970s
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 08:39 PM   #8
bayerische
2020 Pledge Member
 
bayerische's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Real Name: Andreas
Location: Margaritaville
Watch: GMT
Posts: 19,740
Looking forward to this movie.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
bayerische is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2013, 10:27 PM   #9
crew
2020 SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Real Name: John
Location: Rochester/Naples
Watch: Pepsi
Posts: 14,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.president1 View Post
Watched it the other day! Loved it!

Interesting thing. One of the men, Bradley Cooper's boss in the movie was wearing a ceramic 116718LN Gold Rolex GMT-Master II... I love how people put watches in movies that were put in a movie setting much older than the watch. The 116718 didn't exist in the 1970's and 80's... So, that part killed me when I saw that. They should have not have used that watch, it made it a little inauthentic for us watch enthusiasts

Love the movie though!!! It was great!
Good catch. The all time boner, though, was Charlton Heston (or an opponent?)wearing a watch in Ben Hur. Hard to believe no one caught that at the time of filming.
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2020, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.