The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 February 2008, 11:58 PM   #1
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Pam
My Habits have changed thanks to TRF

I have a home office so I usually spend about 5 seconds commuting. In the past, to help me ease into the day, I would pour the first cup of coffee and sit down with the paper to read the sports section. No hard news first thing. Now, thanks to all the interesting posts and people on this forum I find the first thing I want to do is check out all the new posts here. Makes it much harder to turn my attention to the work day and I am now constantly behind in my work efforts; not enough to really make a difference but now I'm always doing the Dagwood Bumstead thing out the door to make my first appointment.
Just curious, how has TRF changed your habits?

buz-lh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 12:01 AM   #2
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Glad that you are enjoying the company and the people here. TRF is really a nice place to be.

TRF has changed my habits too when i wake up every morning before i leave for college i always check the posts too for half an hour. It's a good way to start the day

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 12:30 AM   #3
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
I've noticed changes of my habits, too.

Every morning, I switch on the telly to see if there are any programmes on Animal Planet about sheep.

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 12:33 AM   #4
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACE-DWELLER View Post
I've noticed changes of my habits, too.

Every morning, I switch on the telly to see if there are any programmes on Animal Planet about sheep.

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 12:39 AM   #5
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Yes, and since I joined last fall my children are all hollow-eyed and malnourished. I have a vague awareness of them pulling on my pants legs while I sit at the keyboard, eyes glazed. But I nudge them away with my foot, never missing a keystroke, and tell them, "Later." The teachers have called, wondering why the kids haven't been in school. The fridge is empty. Bills are piled up in the mail basket. The laundry chute is so full clothes fall out of it when you open the door. The phone answering machine is full. I've been wearing the same clothes since September and my underarm hair is long enough to braid into cornrows.

But other than that, no, I haven't really noticed that TRF has changed me in any way.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 01:03 AM   #6
mdx77
"TRF" Member

My computer chair seems to be worn in a little more........

Was laughing at Lisa's post until the armpit hair.......
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 01:31 AM   #7
CPTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date; SS/WG DJ
I seem to buy Rolex watches at an alarmingly high rate now.

16610 Submariner Date; D Serial
16234 DateJust SS with WG Fluted Bezel & Jubillee, White Roman Dial; F Serial
16570 Explorer II White Dial; M Serial

And Hers: 78240 Mid-Size DateJust SS with Domed Bezel & Oyster, White Roman; D Serial
CPTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 01:40 AM   #8
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by buz-lh View Post
I have a home office so I usually spend about 5 seconds commuting. In the past, to help me ease into the day, I would pour the first cup of coffee and sit down with the paper to read the sports section. No hard news first thing. Now, thanks to all the interesting posts and people on this forum I find the first thing I want to do is check out all the new posts here. Makes it much harder to turn my attention to the work day and I am now constantly behind in my work efforts; not enough to really make a difference but now I'm always doing the Dagwood Bumstead thing out the door to make my first appointment.
Buz,
You're preachin' to the choir! My commute is the same as yours when not traveling. However, when on the road I feel left out of the conversation. TRF makes for a great travel companion while waiting for the next flight [in Denver now, heading home].
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 01:59 AM   #9
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Yes, and since I joined last fall my children are all hollow-eyed and malnourished. I have a vague awareness of them pulling on my pants legs while I sit at the keyboard, eyes glazed. But I nudge them away with my foot, never missing a keystroke, and tell them, "Later." The teachers have called, wondering why the kids haven't been in school. The fridge is empty. Bills are piled up in the mail basket. The laundry chute is so full clothes fall out of it when you open the door. The phone answering machine is full. I've been wearing the same clothes since September and my underarm hair is long enough to braid into cornrows.

But other than that, no, I haven't really noticed that TRF has changed me in any way.
Lisa sure leads the good life

kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 02:01 AM   #10
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
My back hurts sitting for sitting too long in the evening reading posts
Old 29 February 2008, 02:06 AM   #11
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:

.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2008, 02:31 AM   #12
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
.......WE WANT TO TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE

...............WE WANT TO TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE

.....................WE WANT TO BECOME YOUR LIFE

..................... ............WE WANT TO BECOME YOUR LIFE

............................................YOUR LIFE IS OURS..
Old 29 February 2008, 02:39 AM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2008, 01:29 AM   #14
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Buz,
You're preachin' to the choir! My commute is the same as yours when not traveling. However, when on the road I feel left out of the conversation. TRF makes for a great travel companion while waiting for the next flight [in Denver now, heading home].
dP
Dan, get yourself an aircard for your laptop and you can take TRF with you. My traveling is primarily by car so I'm not sitting in airports a lot but it's great in the hotel room at night when nothing is on the tube. I now use the 5 hour rule when it comes to flying. If I can drive it in 5 hours or less I do. The hassle of driving to the airport, parking, security, crowded planes, morons delaying flights with oversized carryons, bus to the rental car lot, etc., add so much stress I just jump in the car and go.

Old 1 March 2008, 01:30 AM   #15
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:

OMG Lisa, you should be writing for Letterman or Leno. You are too funny!

Old 1 March 2008, 01:35 AM   #16
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Dan, get yourself an aircard for your laptop and you can take TRF with you. My traveling is primarily by car so I'm not sitting in airports a lot but it's great in the hotel room at night when nothing is on the tube. I now use the 5 hour rule when it comes to flying. If I can drive it in 5 hours or less I do. The hassle of driving to the airport, parking, security, crowded planes, morons delaying flights with oversized carryons, bus to the rental car lot, etc., add so much stress I just jump in the car and go.
Buz,
I agree with your 5 hour travel rule.
I have a wireless modem on my laptop and can visit TRF whenever wifi is available. Makes sitting at an airport waiting for the next flight much more enjoyable.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2008, 01:39 AM   #17
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OMG Lisa, you should be writing for Letterman or Leno. You are too funny!
Buz, it's not hard to be funny when you're just basically telling the truth!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2008, 03:07 AM   #18
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
Buz, it's not hard to be funny when you're just basically telling the truth!
James had a very eloquent was of saying this, but my redneck version is THERE IS A LOT OF TRUTH IN JEST. Wish I could remember James' phrasing.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2008, 03:31 AM   #19
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
This is me!
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2008, 03:48 PM   #20
bgriz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the markets
TRF has changed my habits as well!
126334 DJ41 in blue, fluted, on jubilee
116509 Daytona WG Panda
114060 Sub no date
126621 YM Chocolate dial Root Beer
126710BLNR Batman