The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 24 June 2014, 05:51 AM   #1
ryanpatrick
"TRF" Member

Boston GTG at the Omega Boutique, Natick, MA

Hey All, I am putting together a GTG for the Boston area at the Natick, MA Omega Boutique for this Saturday, 6/28. This is posted on a couple of other fourms but thought I'd post it here as well. Here is an itinerary for the GTG along with some other info. Please send me a PM if you're interested in attending. We still have a few spots open.

Schedule:
2pm-4pm: Group get together at Met Bar & Grill in the Natick Mall. Obviously this is optional, but if you want to get together early, have a drink, maybe grab some food and just talk watches with some great people come out early. You are encouraged to bring your collections to show off and share with other WUS members if you would like. Let me know if you are likely to attend this portion so I can make arrangements with Met Bar.

4pm-6pm: Event at the Omega boutique in the Natick Mall. Larry McGlynn, a SMP/NASA historian/collector will be on hand showing off some of his pieces. Two of Omega's technicians will be on hand to talk technical stuff if you would like and obviously they have a ton of great pieces on display. I also learned recently, if there is something you're interested in seeing and it's not on the floor just ask, you'd be amazed at what they keep in back. Also, it isn't confirmed yet but there is the possibility of some giveaways at the event.

6pm-on: We could grab drinks after the event for anyone who is interested. Barmakian (Omega, Tag and B&M AD) and Longs (Rolex AD) are both within a half mile so a group could visit those stores, time permitting (I'm not sure of their hours).

What I need from you:

1. If you have any allergies please let me know. Omega will be providing finger foods.

2. I need to know what you like to drink. Champagne and sparkling water will be there, but they can do craft beer, scotch, coffee, soda, etc. I just need to let them know what people like. Most votes is what I'll go with, choose one alcoholic and one nonalcoholic.

Final note(s):
You're encouraged to bring your collections, especially interesting Omega pieces. Obviously not required, but it's always cool to see what other WUS members are packing!

Omega has said if the event goes well they would like to make this a quarterly or bi-annual thing.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Let me know if you have any questions!
ryanpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2014, 04:40 AM   #2
ryanpatrick
"TRF" Member

I just got word from Omega that they will be giving away a full service valued at $525 to one lucky attendee. I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. We still have room for a few more people. Shoot me a PM if you would like to attend.
Old 28 June 2014, 06:43 AM   #3
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Darn, I missed this; sorry. I could have used a service potentially as well.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2014, 12:28 PM   #4
ryanpatrick
"TRF" Member

Final post. We have 15 people confirmed to attend and a couple "maybes". Still room for a few more. Shoot me an email me at ryanpmcau@gmail.com if want to join. We'll be gathering at the Met Bar at 2pm, event begins at Omega at 4pm. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
Old 3 July 2014, 02:34 AM   #5
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
Poop! How did I miss this???!!??!!!??!!!
Old 26 August 2014, 06:12 AM   #6
descartes
"TRF" Member

Same here. NExt time.
Old 15 September 2014, 03:40 AM   #7
Bdel
"TRF" Member

I never noticed this :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Collection: Yachtmaster TT, Milgauss, Explorer II, SeaDweller, Air King, Lange #1, BR03-92, Panerai PAM 112, Omega Planet Ocean, Corum Admirals Cup, Ball Engineer, U-boat Flight Deck, Longines Silver Arrow, Hamilton Ventura,etc...
Bdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 08:27 AM   #8
curtiskey
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
Definitely should do it again. I just joined - looking forward to the next one.
curtiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2014, 11:02 AM   #9
afc1
"TRF" Member

Can't believe I missed this thread! As long as I'm in town, I would definitely like to go to the next one!

Watch Collection: Rolex and AP
afc1 is offline   Reply With Quote