The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 November 2014, 08:14 AM   #1
PcarSBA
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Jaeger, Rolex
Daytona - Looks off

Not sure but something seems off with this one...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/121485154979?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

- banged up only one month after service - odd?
- bezel seems wired or has bezel prtector?
- photos are all blurry
- dial looks off
- don't recognize the warranty card

Opinions
PcarSBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 08:28 AM   #2
nickb732
"TRF" Member

Bad pictures, I would stay away. Subdials look off

Nick
nickb732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 09:01 AM   #3
ceramic_soul
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarSBA View Post
Not sure but something seems off with this one...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/121485154979?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

- banged up only one month after service - odd?
- bezel seems wired or has bezel prtector?
- photos are all blurry
- dial looks off
- don't recognize the warranty card

Opinions
It's my auction.

I don't understand what exactly the issue seems to be but please email me through Ebay with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the auction.
ceramic_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 09:01 AM   #4
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Pics are not good enough steer clear IMHO
Old 13 November 2014, 09:03 AM   #5
ceramic_soul
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb732 View Post
Bad pictures, I would stay away. Subdials look off
I will be sure to let Rolex know their sub dials look off
Old 13 November 2014, 09:03 AM   #6
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
eBay - what else needs to be said. Seller should sell Rolexes on a legitimate site like this one. IMO.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 09:25 AM   #7
5Zigen
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
eBay - what else needs to be said. Seller should sell Rolexes on a legitimate site like this one. IMO.
I have read many posts regarding the trusted sellers on TRF, but has there been many illegitimate sellers here before? Sorry I am still relatively new to this forum
5Zigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 10:19 AM   #8
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Fake watch . Just another EBay chancer , avoid at all costs :-)
Watchcollectables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 10:23 AM   #9
locutus49
Banned

Trusted sellers have solid reputations and sell on this site. They do not sell fakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Zigen View Post
I have read many posts regarding the trusted sellers on TRF, but has there been many illegitimate sellers here before? Sorry I am still relatively new to this forum
Old 13 November 2014, 10:34 AM   #10
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Trusted sellers have solid reputations and sell on this site. They do not sell fakes.
This is true, BUT not every person who has a watch for sale here on the forum is a "trusted seller". You have to use discretion and check their feedback. Scumbags have been known to show up here too!! Do your homework before wiring thousands to somebody!
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 10:39 AM   #11
ceramic_soul
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchcollectables View Post
Fake watch . Just another EBay chancer , avoid at all costs :-)
The only thing that needs to be avoided here is; you and your ignorance.
Old 13 November 2014, 10:42 AM   #12
ceramic_soul
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree to a certain extent. However, when you want to sell your merchandise via auction, what other options do you have?
Old 13 November 2014, 10:46 AM   #13
Matt C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116660
Look at the 9 marker, it's crooked? Plus the font that says Chronograph looks off. Well, it is off. Unless you post pics of serial with matching numbers or a certificate or something I say buyer be ware for sure.
Matt C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 10:51 AM   #14
locutus49
Banned

Amen. But virtually every Rolex sold on eBay is fake, where on TRF there is a pretty good chance of it being genuine. Agree completely that research is vital.

OP is desperately trying to convince members that his watch is genuine. Maybe he did not know he owned a fake. Hard to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
This is true, BUT not every person who has a watch for sale here on the forum is a "trusted seller". You have to use discretion and check their feedback. Scumbags have been known to show up here too!! Do your homework before wiring thousands to somebody!
Old 13 November 2014, 11:29 AM   #15
andrewd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramic_soul View Post
I agree to a certain extent. However, when you want to sell your merchandise via auction, what other options do you have?
Why would anyone sell a genuine rolex by auction with no reserve? Especially a generic modern model like this?

Blurry photos are usually a tell-tale sign that the watch is junk. Most people trying to sell a genuine rolex invest at least some effort in capturing reasonable quality pictures. It's not that difficult.
andrewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 11:58 AM   #16
Watchurself
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Amen. But virtually every Rolex sold on eBay is fake, where on TRF there is a pretty good chance of it being genuine. Agree completely that research is vital.

OP is desperately trying to convince members that his watch is genuine. Maybe he did not know he owned a fake. Hard to know.
Ridiculous statement. Please show me proof.
Watchurself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 01:28 PM   #17
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
"Virtually every...?"

Please!
BOA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 01:43 PM   #18
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I don't understand how which site the seller uses impacts the end product. A genuine watch is a genuine watch. And it seems that the eBay seller is also a member here as well and is more than willing to stand up and defend his product. Are counterfeit pieces more common on eBay, sure. Just slightly bigger than TRF classifieds. If one knows what they are buying and they trust the seller I don't see an issue buying anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 02:05 PM   #19
PcarSBA
"TRF" Member

wowa, looks like I kicked off an avalanche here, ooops....

I found a white Daytona through eBay from private party and eventually made personal contact with the seller. The watch was genuine and I couldn't be happier. eBay was the matchmaker and there is nothing wrong with that.... Same goes for Chrono24. Use it in its intended way.

@ceramic_soul: unfortunately too many red-flags in your eBay listing. Rather than foul-language responses why not spend the few $ to become a pledge member and post some descent photos on TRF. A 99$ iPhone will snap better pictures any day of the week. It's a win-win and for sure cheaper than the eBay fees you're going to get hit with.... thoughts?

Ingo
Old 13 November 2014, 02:05 PM   #20
Blong
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520 Black
Pics are definitely not the best, but it does seem to be real. I personally would not buy without clearer pics though.

And I would definitely say there are significantly more "real" Rolex sold on eBay vs counterfeit....I am basing this only on my years of searching for deals....I would say there are at least 50 real for every 1 fake, franken or scam out there....not always the best deals....but nonetheless real....
Blong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 02:28 PM   #21
ceramic_soul
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
Why would anyone sell a genuine rolex by auction with no reserve? Especially a generic modern model like this?

Blurry photos are usually a tell-tale sign that the watch is junk. Most people trying to sell a genuine rolex invest at least some effort in capturing reasonable quality pictures. It's not that difficult.
Excellent question, Where does one get off putting up an auction on an auction site. The nerve. Thank you for your priceless input.

The pictures are fine, especially once maximized. If you don't like them, don't bid or look at my auction. Good job in generalizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I don't understand how which site the seller uses impacts the end product. A genuine watch is a genuine watch. And it seems that the eBay seller is also a member here as well and is more than willing to stand up and defend his product. Are counterfeit pieces more common on eBay, sure. Just slightly bigger than TRF classifieds. If one knows what they are buying and they trust the seller I don't see an issue buying anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have sold Paneria, Omega & Mont Blanc watches. No issues. I have also bought pieces off Ebay. Excellent place to find good deals. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I agree with you 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarSBA View Post
wowa, looks like I kicked off an avalanche here, ooops....

I found a white Daytona through eBay from private party and eventually made personal contact with the seller. The watch was genuine and I couldn't be happier. eBay was the matchmaker and there is nothing wrong with that.... Same goes for Chrono24. Use it in its intended way.

@ceramic_soul: unfortunately too many red-flags in your eBay listing. Rather than foul-language responses why not spend the few $ to become a pledge member and post some descent photos on TRF. A 99$ iPhone will snap better pictures any day of the week. It's a win-win and for sure cheaper than the eBay fees you're going to get hit with.... thoughts?

Ingo
Sorry sir, not one red flag on my end nor any foul language. I guess your definition of foul language and my definition differ. I have been honest and granted I am not a professional photographer, the pictures are just fine. I am not a store, just a watch enthusiast/junkie looking for my next fix and need to unload this piece.
Old 13 November 2014, 02:44 PM   #22
ceramic_soul
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Obi Wan,

Let me get this straight, based on your logic, every Rolex sold on Ebay is fake?
Wow. I will let that speak for itself.

Ob, I am not the OP nor am I "desperately" trying to convince anyone of anything, Out of all the BS auctions on line and people trying to scam, you have decided to come after me with your baseless thoughts and pushing them as fact. So this is what we will do, please send me the link to all your auctions and let me see how a TRF Obi Wan rolls. Let me learn from the best since you are so opinionated and know so much about Rolex auctions. I also will need your full name as I will have my AD address a letter of authenticity for my auction addressed to you. You will then apologize to me in a 1000 word essay as to why you were wrong and how you can improve as a human being since you push opinions as facts.
Old 13 November 2014, 03:19 PM   #23
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
A pic of the itemised receipt from RSC would help clear this up.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 03:32 PM   #24
PcarSBA
"TRF" Member

Let's assume for a moment the watch is genuine and your story checkes out. Can you help us understand how the bezel got that 5-year patina look in your photo with all the swirl and micro scratches? And the bracelet seems to have been around the block, too.

I thought watches coming back from when a RSC look brand new and yours was done in September (a mere 8 weeks ago).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.8 KB, 281 views)
Old 13 November 2014, 03:32 PM   #25
joe100
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
Ceramic, deep breaths
Old 13 November 2014, 06:29 PM   #26
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

It's a fake watch , sub dials are too shiny and the writing is wobbly . Like others have said steer clear .
Old 13 November 2014, 07:25 PM   #27
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

I'm sure you somehow can back up your statement?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 07:31 PM   #28
locutus49
Banned

Res ipsa loquitur. How many Genunine eBay Rolexes have been posted on this site? How many fakes?

Personally I care less, but I hate to see working class people spend their hard earned money on fakes. Yes, an assumption, but I hardly think doctors and lawyers are buying their Rolex off eBay.

eBay should be shut down until every fake is removed. It steals people's money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I'm sure you somehow can back up your statement?
Old 13 November 2014, 07:37 PM   #29
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

I have reported countless fakes on EBay and rarely do they get removed . As always buy the seller first then the product .
Old 13 November 2014, 07:47 PM   #30
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Res ipsa loquitur. How many Genunine eBay Rolexes have been posted on this site? How many fakes?

Personally I care less, but I hate to see working class people spend their hard earned money on fakes. Yes, an assumption, but I hardly think doctors and lawyers are buying their Rolex off eBay.

eBay should be shut down until every fake is removed. It steals people's money.
Interesting logic.

I've been a member on E-bay since 1999 and have bought well over 100 Rolex and not encountered a single fake, Guess I must have been lucky?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote