The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 6 November 2015, 02:31 AM   #1
sirish19
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP-VC-AP
15202 & 15400 wrist shot comparisons

Hi All,

I have seen a few members here debating about the fit and sizing between the 15202 and 15400 on small wrists so I thought I would add a few shots that might help. I have a 6 3/4" wrist to put it into perspective. I found a very nice 15400 in the shop today and could compare with my Jumbo.

Although the 15400 is quite a bit bigger in every way, diameter, depth, bezel and even the size of each bracelet link was a lot thicker than on Jumbo. That being said, it didn't feel out of place and, in fact, quite comfortable on my wrist as it seemed to hug around the wrist. It did add a bit of weight that may impact comfort levels when worn all day.

To make a true comparison, I'd need to size the bracelet of the 15400 and give it a little wear time but first impressions were that I could probably enjoy the 15400 as much as I do the Jumbo.

For the 15202, you get a smaller and more delicate version of the watch without a second hand and no screw-in crown and you pay a significant amount more for that. What you do get, though, is a very accurate incarnation of the iconic original Jumbo and the most mesmerising shade of blue that I could imagine.

Hard to go wrong with either watch though.

For fun, I also tried on the diver but found it WAS much bigger for my wrist that I was comfortable.

Enjoy the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3860.jpg (117.4 KB, 607 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3903.jpg (87.3 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3904.jpg (86.4 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3916.jpg (97.5 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3907.jpg (110.6 KB, 599 views)
Old 6 November 2015, 04:29 AM   #2
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
In a way I prefer the Jumbo but the lack of second hand is not great for me, and between it and the 5711 I prefer the PP, but if in RG I prefer the Jumbo, go figure...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2015, 05:30 AM   #3
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202
Thanks for the post! I am tending towards the 15202 although I was more into the 15400.
dr.ns23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2015, 06:17 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Awesome pics, thanks.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2015, 08:45 AM   #5
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
15202 & 15400 wrist shot comparisons

Great comparison pics of some AWESOME watches.

These are three AP 'staple' pieces in my opinion. No one could go 'wrong' with any of them.

Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2015, 09:47 AM   #6
Foxman2k
"TRF" Member

Like them both but really for me a seconds hand is a requirement. And the difference in $$ is substantial. Almost $8k on the used market from what I can see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Foxman2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2015, 11:52 PM   #7
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
Never liked the 15400 when i try them on for some reason but i never owned a 41mm royal oak so i can't recommend them to anyone
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2015, 12:02 AM   #8
mineral
"TRF" Member

Beautiful RO.
mineral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2015, 01:46 AM   #9
sirish19
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP-VC-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman2k View Post
Like them both but really for me a seconds hand is a requirement. And the difference in $$ is substantial. Almost $8k on the used market from what I can see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had the same concern about that as the non screw-down crown. However, I have a VC Patrimony two-hand watch and I absolutely loved it. That is a manual wind watch though that I wind every day (along with my MOTM). Since the Jumbo is an automatic, I thought I might have an issue with the lack of second hand and really considered the 15400 seriously. I wanted a blue dial watch and I just didn't think the blue 15400 compared with the beauty of the Jumbo. I also really loved that the 15202 was a tribute to the original Jumbo in almost every way and thought it was worth the extra cash. I also didn't want to have any regrets in not having the more collectible version. Finally, I think the resale on the Jumbo would probably be better than the 15400 (relative to the price of course) so thought it would be the way to go.

After a couple of months on the wrist, I don't miss the second hand at all on this watch and really appreciate the simplicity of the two-hander. I keep the watch on a winder so don't really have any concerns about whether or not it is running.

In the end, there is not wrong choice with the Royal Oak and you should get what sings to you.