The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 20 December 2015, 01:19 AM   #1
rchaas
"TRF" Member

216570 Malfunction?

I have a black Exp II 216570 that has been working fine. I keep my watches on a winder. I had the Exp II set at 650tpd, bidirectional and for the past month or so, it was effectively wound and keeping accurate time, as are all the other watches stored on the winder. I hadn't worn it for awhile and so it was left on there for several weeks.

Recently, I noticed that the Exp had stopped running. When i took it off the winder and wound it manuallly, it wouldn't start up initially, then it started and stopped on and off for an hour or so, then started running, (on my wrist for all this) and is now keeping accurate time for the past 12 hours or so.

So, i've checked the winder, its doing its job correctly. I have yet to check the power reserve of the watch, but plan to do that next. If that's ok, i guess i'll put it back on the winder and see if the issue recurs.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Caliber 3187 is bidirectional, and the orbita database suggests 650tpd should be enuff? Maybe 750tpd required, although if thats the case, why did it maintain at 650 initially, and then subsequently wind down. This watch is under warranty for another month or so, so i'm thinking about having them check it out.
rchaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Vanessa CW21
TechXpert & 2016 Patron

If you gave if 40 manual turns to wind, and it was still stopping, I would get it checked out while it's under warranty.

Sent from my phone.

Watch my Rolex repair video: https://youtu.be/jDnaotCTpTA
Vanessa CW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2015, 01:58 AM   #3
madmole
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Is your winder vertical or at an angle? the angled ones do not wind as well, any friction on the counterweight can be enough to stop it dropping down if the watch isn't vertical
madmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2015, 03:42 PM   #4
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
650? to low methinks. try 850.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote