The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2008, 01:44 PM   #1
First07GMT-MasterII

Picked up the new GMTIIC!

Well, after reading the posts and seeing the pics, I had to go down and look at the GMTIIC last week. I really like the changes! I made the mistake of trying it on and now it is permanently attached to my wrist. Now I am in a predicament, hold the SSGMTII that I purchased last year or turn for a loss. It seems that I could move it eventually but looks like some of the parts are already being discontinued. When model specific items get discontinued, does it help or hinder resale? What about places to sell it? Should I set up consignment with my AD? They seem really eager to keep it, makes me wonder.
First07GMT-MasterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2008, 02:09 PM   #2
pwrslider
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
First of all.....congrats!! I did it in the opposite order..got the IIc..then a II.... If I were you..I'd keep em both.. They're a completely different watch!...and to tell ya the truth...I can't seen to get the II coke off my wrist.
I'm goin to the RSC tomorrow to bring Bluesy to the doctor..and I think I'll be wearing IIc...just to impress!
Rolex Explorer II Blk (91)
Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish (07)
Panerai 104 & 177ti ( 04/03)
pwrslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2008, 02:29 PM   #3
First07GMT-MasterII

When I purchased the first one, I had called ahead and asked if they had a Pepsi....they said no. I mentioned that was what I wanted and I may stop in to look. When I arrived they had swapped the original black bezel for a blue and red one, so they could have one of each color on display. I purchased it that day and on my paperwork it states the bezel as black. Is this a potential issue? Should I offer a swap if I sell?
Old 14 July 2008, 02:36 PM   #4
MikeV
Banned

Watch: GMTIIc
Hmm...both the black and the pepsi are the same watch other than color...but I would still think that it is an issue because according to the serial number and paper work the bezel has been altered. Did you buy your watch from an AD. To me it sounds dishonest to make that switch without informing the buyer.
MikeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2008, 02:39 PM   #5
badsmac

Watch: Rolex SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by First07GMT-MasterII View Post
When I purchased the first one, I had called ahead and asked if they had a Pepsi....they said no. I mentioned that was what I wanted and I may stop in to look. When I arrived they had swapped the original black bezel for a blue and red one, so they could have one of each color on display. I purchased it that day and on my paperwork it states the bezel as black. Is this a potential issue? Should I offer a swap if I sell?
You should at least have the original bezel too.
BTW, welcome to TRF. We could use some pictures when you have time.
badsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2008, 02:49 PM   #6
First07GMT-MasterII

As I mentioned it was swapped before I arrived. If I would have walked in with out knowing, I would have seen all three bezel colors on display. I do purchase from an AD and will actually call them tomorrow to discuss this. They offered to swap it for me this past Saturday when I purchased the GMTIIc but wanted to charge me $120. They really wanted me to attempt a consignment sale. Told them I would let them know this week on the bezel swap. Should I go back to black to make it match paperwork or just offer a swap in the sale?
Old 14 July 2008, 02:53 PM   #7
First07GMT-MasterII

I tried to get pics last night and they looked awful. I will have some later this week from a better camera.

I was also told that they only do the bezel swap with me leaving the old one behind. They also mentioned that they do not sell outright. Why is this?
Old 14 July 2008, 03:20 PM   #8
Leighton
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS GMT IIc
Congratulations, man. Both the II and the IIC are both great watches. Maybe you should consider adding a Sub to the collection.
Old 14 July 2008, 06:58 PM   #9
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Welcome to both clubs.

Enjoy wearing them both.

ps.
My GMT l l 'M' with 3186 arrived today.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote