The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Closed Thread

Old 7 April 2016, 01:10 AM   #1
AJL
"TRF" Member

All my posts were deleted by a Moderator without a Warning

This is just unbelievable.

I received this message today in regards to EVERY single one of my posts being deleted because my SIGNATURE said "Rolex Dealer," with a small avatar of Rolex. In which I was not pre-warned to remove before all the posts were deleted.

I was not EVEN PRE-WARNED to remove this before all the posts were deleted.

How is this even tolerated here?
Old 7 April 2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
There were complaints about your listings. www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=6582498

Address the two issues. Then you can repost your seven ads when you have fixed them.

Also, I sent you that message 10 days ago, so a warning would have been pointless in this case.
Old 7 April 2016, 08:00 AM   #3
AJL
"TRF" Member

Can you provide me with the links to my posts so I can fix it? I'm sorry, we sell on multiple active platforms and this forum has so many rules.

It's impossible to address them all without considerable warning. Are you saying I have to start from scratch to post all of them because of a simple phrase? "Like Brand-New" ? So if I would have removed "Brand" and said "Like New," that would be okay?

Is that what the issue is?
Old 7 April 2016, 09:10 AM   #4
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
You keep calling out moderators and you won't be here long. You're not on a reality tv show here, certain etiquette needs to be followed.
Old 7 April 2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Tools

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
Can you provide me with the links to my posts so I can fix it? I'm sorry, we sell on multiple active platforms and this forum has so many rules.

. . .
First thing you need to do is remove your obviously commercial signature and avatar..

TRF is not a sales venue for you, it is a discussion forum with simple to understand rules that you should read.
Old 7 April 2016, 09:47 AM   #6
Old Expat Beast

Quote:

It's impossible to address them all without considerable warning. Are you saying I have to start from scratch to post all of them because of a simple phrase? "Like Brand-New" ? So if I would have removed "Brand" and said "Like New," that would be okay?

Is that what the issue is?
There's a reason we have "so many rules".

None of the watches you advertised was even "like new", not even close, so no, that would not be ok. You need to provide descriptions of watches individually, not with a template like you did.

And sending me angry private messages and posting threads like this doesn't encourage me to do you any favours.
Old 7 April 2016, 09:52 AM   #7
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
You keep calling out moderators and you won't be here long. You're not on a reality tv show here, certain etiquette needs to be followed.
Old 7 April 2016, 09:56 AM   #8
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

AJL thinks getting tossed out is unbelievable? That's rich.
Old 7 April 2016, 10:02 AM   #9
ronin_ph
"TRF" Member

At first I thought old expat beast had been banned/ads deleted and he had created another account. 🍕

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 April 2016, 10:02 AM   #10
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

All my posts were deleted by a Moderator without a Warning

you need to consider your descriptions, your watches they are not near new and describe your aftermarket parts I can't speak for these adds I did not see them but I have seen your adds on eBay before and you do not clearly state the diamonds on your watches are aftermarket additions, that won't fly here. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 April 2016, 10:21 AM   #11
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
A query in buyers and sellers who's who is sure to follow ... I have a feeling the results will be predictable.

Buy the seller, this may offer some insight to the pawn broker business based out of Detroit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZfMwJ...tOKKTtDU4fqgrA

Draw your own conclusions.
Old 7 April 2016, 10:27 AM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I couldn't be a moderator, I'd snap
Old 7 April 2016, 10:34 AM   #13
cpark
"TRF" Member

So let me get this straight.. this AJL guy was told to remove the Rolex logo from the signature as well as the AJL part and yet he still keeps it on.. I saw back on another thread that this guy made that another Moderator removed his signature because it violated the T&C's of TRF.. yet this guy is still putting his signature back up. Got to give the Moderators props for handling this well!
Old 7 April 2016, 11:18 AM   #14
Porsche

Watch: and learn
Jeez, you act as if you are OWNED the right to advertise a retail/commercial enterprise here. The For Sale section is a courtesy for TRF members. There is no fee or cost to post an ad, so yeah, there are some basic housekeeping rules.

Adam, you have shown much more tolerance than I could, and your diplomatic responses are to be commended.

PS. OP, you STILL have the Rolex crown and logo in your signature? What don't you get?

ROLEX --- SEIKO --- HEUER

TRF REHAUT
T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M
Old 7 April 2016, 12:48 PM   #15
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

OP, if you want to play the game then you need to play by the rules. Their private forum means their rules. Easy as that.. We all know what happens in your store when customers dont play by your rules, except this time, you are the customer playing by the Rolex Forums rules.
Old 7 April 2016, 04:03 PM   #16
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
So, what are you guys trying to say? That this isn't reality TV?
Old 7 April 2016, 11:18 PM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
This is just unbelievable.

I received this message today in regards to EVERY single one of my posts being deleted because my SIGNATURE said "Rolex Dealer," with a small avatar of Rolex. In which I was not pre-warned to remove before all the posts were deleted.

I was not EVEN PRE-WARNED to remove this before all the posts were deleted.

How is this even tolerated here?
Seeing you have been requested to remove your signature and edit your business avatar and have not done so by one moderator already with no response. I have removed them both and if you want to argue or send me PMs I will quite happily show you the door.And this is a very very strong suggestion this is not a TV pawn reality store this is TRF,so if I was you do not argue with any moderator,as you will lose the argument every time. And it will be the last time you ever-lose on forum as it will be your last post on TRF hope this is crystal clear enough for you to understand.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 7 April 2016, 11:46 PM   #18
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (14.2 KB, 207 views)

Old 8 April 2016, 12:01 AM   #19
AJL
"TRF" Member

I'm simply asking a question so I can stay within the boundaries of how posts should be done. Please do not take what I'm saying out of context or relate it to reality TV, I'm honestly trying to figure out what I've done wrong and how I can fix it without having to do all my posts from scratch..
Old 8 April 2016, 12:03 AM   #20
AJL
"TRF" Member

Can someone just delete this thread for me? I really am only being verbally abused without answers now and it's not what this thread was intended for.
Old 8 April 2016, 12:07 AM   #21
AJL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
There's a reason we have "so many rules".

None of the watches you advertised was even "like new", not even close, so no, that would not be ok. You need to provide descriptions of watches individually, not with a template like you did.

And sending me angry private messages and posting threads like this doesn't encourage me to do you any favours.
I'm sorry if you thought any of my messages included anger. You deleted all of my posts without warning or a reason why (AND HOW TO FIX IT). I still have not verbally abused you in anyway nor went outside of the boundaries of professionalism.

You provided me with no way to fix my posts before deleting them or an opportunity to even adjust them.
Old 8 April 2016, 12:14 AM   #22
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Can someone just delete this thread for me? I really am only being verbally abused without answers now and it's not what this thread was intended for.
Your answer is clearly defined in below links to why your posts were removed and avatar and signature removed. If you complied with the forum rules there would not be any problems.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=9423

www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=6582498

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=8936

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 8 April 2016, 12:23 AM   #23
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
I'm sorry if you thought any of my messages included anger. You deleted all of my posts without warning or a reason why (AND HOW TO FIX IT). I still have not verbally abused you in anyway nor went outside of the boundaries of professionalism.

You provided me with no way to fix my posts before deleting them or an opportunity to even adjust them.
I gave you two reasons. Read the PM I sent you that you started this thread with. You had already had a bunch of ads removed by another moderator last month. Also, it took you ten days to respond to my private message telling you I had deleted these latest ones, so a warning would have been a waste of time.

Describe the watches you are selling honestly....it's not rocket science. Hundreds of members here do it. Look at a few ads, read all the rules. You'll get the hang of it.
Old 8 April 2016, 01:02 AM   #24
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

Still with the yelling? I feel the end is near......
Old 8 April 2016, 01:19 AM   #25
AJL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can someone just delete this thread for me?
You've answered my questions and I appreciate it. I will keep them within TRF rules to the best of my ability from here on out.
Old 8 April 2016, 01:59 AM   #26
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
If you are criticizing the content of the image you attached,
I fully Disagree with you. The message is professional clear and warranted.

The op is hung up on having to repost a few for sale adds... Just let it go, learn from the help he has received and be more thoughtful about content and description moving forward.
Old 8 April 2016, 04:57 AM   #27
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
If you are criticizing the content of the image you attached,
I fully Disagree with you. The message is professional clear and warranted.

The op is hung up on having to repost a few for sale adds... Just let it go, learn from the help he has received and be more thoughtful about content and description moving forward.
No, I was pointing out that OP had previously been informed about the sig issues. I could have been more clear.

Old 8 April 2016, 05:56 AM   #28
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
No, I was pointing out that OP had previously been informed about the sig issues. I could have been more clear.

Old 8 April 2016, 06:02 AM   #29
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
I recommend you don't have public outburst like this. Even though you may have good prices and selection. Ive noticed the people on this forum buy the seller first and not the watch. This is shedding a very bad light on you and hopefully no one holds it against you from here on out.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Old 8 April 2016, 06:13 AM   #30
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
I recommend you don't have public outburst like this. Even though you may have good prices and selection. Ive noticed the people on this forum buy the seller first and not the watch. This is shedding a very bad light on you and hopefully no one holds it against you from here on out.

I guess you've never seen the show
Life imitating art...

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Closed Thread