The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 April 2016, 02:07 AM   #1
jldc
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller
Chronos Smart Disc

The Chronos Smart Disc is a 3mm thick disc that attaches to the back of a conventional watch via "microsuction" and provides limited smartwatch functionality for a traditional watch. I have no personal interest in this product. In fact, I am rather skeptical of it's usefulness.

The smart watch functions are very limited and 3mm is pretty thick. As a guy with several watches that I change between regularly (typically daily), I wonder if the microsuction is reliable when changed frequently. However, I find the concept intriguing and think there may well be a market for similar, improved devices like the Chronos. For $90, it may well be worth checking out even without high expectations.

A search of TRF didn't find an existing thread, but feel free to let me know if this has been discussed.

Opinions?
jldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2016, 02:11 AM   #2
mkmk
"TRF" Member

Not much of a tech person but this is interesting. Maybe where we are heading. Will be interesting to see how this sells.
mkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2016, 03:34 AM   #3
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

It would be nice to eventually be able to add the health tracking benefits of a smart watch to the beauty and engineering of a mechanical watch. Right now I wear my watch on my left wrist and a jawbone up on my right
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote