The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 26 July 2016, 02:13 AM   #1
Poodie
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Pepsi
My mini Rolex collection (GMT/DJ)

4 years ago, after many years of thinking about it, I purchased my first Rolex from DavidSW. It is a K serial GMT Master ii with a Pepsi bezel. It was never polished and included the full set. I have kept it in great condition and I love wearing it on occasion. Last week I was able to secure my second Rolex, a Y serial DJ Roman full set on a Jubilee with a Rhodium dial. I had them both appraised to get insurance on them and just got them back today so I figured I'd share my first pics of them. Next on the menu is most likely going to be a yellow gold day-date which is what I have had my eye on for years. I hope you enjoy the pics!

On a side note, the appraisal I got was really high. They were valued at higher than I'd even expect this AD to try to retail a used one at.. Is that normal? I guess it's better for me if something ever ends up happening, but I was hoping for a more true "market value" appraisal so I could see how my investment is doing..

Also not sure why I'm sideways on these pics haha. They uploaded normally. Oh well, you get the idea (and maybe some neck pain)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex2.jpg (142.3 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex.jpg (108.1 KB, 309 views)
Poodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2016, 11:36 PM   #2
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Nice pair
Old 27 July 2016, 12:10 AM   #3
solo-act
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodie View Post
On a side note, the appraisal I got was really high. They were valued at higher than I'd even expect this AD to try to retail a used one at.. Is that normal?
Awesome photo of a classic pair, and the full sets are real bonus.

With jewelry and sometimes with actual home value, it's often in the best interest of the insurance company to have your assessment scenario. Also, the AD would probably prefer to be high than be held liable for low assessment.

Regarding insurance company, in certain areas of USA, homes are under-insured because value has gone up. In those areas where value has gone up and catastrophes/claims are low, home insurance companies tend to push hard to get home re-valued at realistic value in order to push premiums up.

Conversely, in other certain areas, values and policies are accurate, but the homes are in tornado/hail prone areas that get hammered with claims year after year. Local insurance agents get accurate assessments by going to homes and seeing basement improvements etc., and/or getting documentation. So for those areas, premiums and payouts are higher, and payouts are frequent.

However, at least in 2010, certain insurance companies in tornado/hail alley were sending "drive-by" assessors who'd measure the house from outside, put in a pre-determined amount that didn't reflect actual value. Those amounts actually shoved payout value down and overruled the local agents' accurate home values (which no one was happy about except the carrier) and this made claim payouts lower.

So...when it comes to home insurance with certain insurance carriers...and possibly jewelry endorsements...
  • actual value + low likelihood of claim = higher assessed value + lower deductible
  • actual value + higher likelihood of claim = lower assessed value + higher deductible

Even with those, there is a trend across the board to increase deductibles. And don't even get me started on homes with wood roofs - LOL
solo-act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 03:51 AM   #4
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Nice duo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:11 AM   #5
michael067
Banned

Watch: TT DJ 16233
michael067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2016, 09:39 PM   #6
idle spectre
Banned

Watch: sub 114060
OH yea Gorgeous ...
idle spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2016, 10:00 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the watches. Two classics.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2016, 03:45 PM   #8
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Love that GMT

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2016, 04:24 PM   #9
BigAl72
"TRF" Member

Watch: D-Blue, GS SBGE001
Nice full sets.
BigAl72 is offline   Reply With Quote