The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 October 2016, 03:46 AM   #1
Jocke
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Goyard VS Faure Le Page?>>>

After following the "Luxury Wallet" thread so was I thinking wich one of Goyard or Faure Le Page do you go for? And why?

It looks as it's close to the same quality but Goyard is a little more pricey and more difficult to get if you are far away from a boutique.

So what is your opinion, pros and cons?

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 03:57 AM   #2
christianj
Banned

Goyard is significantly more expensive IMHO. I paid over $850 for a 6 credit card wallet and the comparable Faure is coming in close to $300 if I remember correctly. Goyard is definitely more known due to their cult following so if you want people to recognize the brand you want to go with Goyard. Faure is definitely more under the radar.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 03:59 AM   #3
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
i dont carry a wallet so i cant help. places pay me to take their goods.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 04:05 AM   #4
KarlS
Banned

Both prints scream...notice me!!! So not really my cup of tea...I would think a problem with both LV and Le Plage is that it's not all manufactured in France but Spain. I think if I am buying s French brand I would like it to be made in France.
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 04:16 AM   #5
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Both prints scream...notice me!!! So not really my cup of tea...I would think a problem with both LV and Le Plage is that it's not all manufactured in France but Spain. I think if I am buying s French brand I would like it to be made in France.
So true. I like Prada shoes and clothes but if I'm paying for Italian I don't want it made in Vietnam or Romania.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 04:29 AM   #6
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Personally the goyard wallet is my favorite brand wallet. Yes its probably one of the most expensive mass produced wallet brands (Nothing one of a kind of ultra exclusive). Around $1,200 for a fold wallet.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 04:37 AM   #7
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
Go with Goyard, you can order directly from them. Just send them an email and Myriam will help you in a couple of days.

Oh, and Faure Le Page looks a bit too much like Goyard for my liking, it was resurrected only a few years back and they seem to be trying hard(and succeeding) in being a second Goyard.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 04:43 AM   #8
christianj
Banned

Quote:
I would think a problem with both LV and Le Plage is that it's not all manufactured in France but Spain. I think if I am buying s French brand I would like it to be made in France.
Good luck with that as most luxury good of French and Italian companies are not made in those countries. A large portion of the LV luxury goods are also made in Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
Go with Goyard, you can order directly from them. Just send them an email and Myriam will help you in a couple of days.
For the OP that also lives in Sweden this works but for US members it does not as their Paris location cannot sell to US customers since there are stores here in the US.
Old 22 October 2016, 04:49 AM   #9
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
Good luck with that as most luxury good of French and Italian companies are not made in those countries. A large portion of the LV luxury goods are also made in Spain.

For the OP that also lives in Sweden this works but for US members it does not as their Paris location cannot sell to US customers since there are stores here in the US.
Im pretty sure the Beverly hills boutique will ship to states that don't have a boutique in them.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 04:55 AM   #10
christianj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Im pretty sure the Beverly hills boutique will ship to states that don't have a boutique in them.
Yes they will and that was what I was trying to say! If there is a boutique or a store in a certain country then Goyard will NOT allow you to order in another country. If you live in the US you can order from any boutique or retailer in the US. I live in CT but have bought at the boutique in NYC and when they didn't have an item I wanted to had it sent to me from IL or NM in Beverly Hills. I however cannot email the boutique in Paris to order from them to ship to the US since we have stores here.

Faure only has locations in France so I am currently in contact with them to order there to have it shipped to the US. This usually saves $ as you get back the VAT which in some instances is around 20%.
Old 22 October 2016, 04:57 AM   #11
Jocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
I mail both Paris and London, nothing from Paris, London answer the day after with prices and pics. Maybe £ is better to pay with at the moment.

Old 22 October 2016, 05:02 AM   #12
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Nailed it....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 05:05 AM   #13
christianj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Nailed it....
To each his own but people here also buy watch brands that screen "notice me" like Rolex.
Old 22 October 2016, 05:06 AM   #14
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
After following the "Luxury Wallet" thread so was I thinking wich one of Goyard or Faure Le Page do you go for? And why?

It looks as it's close to the same quality but Goyard is a little more pricey and more difficult to get if you are far away from a boutique.

So what is your opinion, pros and cons?
Jocke, my very best Swedish friend, they both have their points. Personally, I would go with the GoTyUaMrId.... but, then again, the FaTure LeU PaMgIe is also very nice...
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 05:15 AM   #15
Jocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Jocke, my very best Swedish friend, they both have their points. Personally, I would go with the GoTyUaMrId.... but, then again, the FaTure LeU PaMgIe is also very nice...
With your spelling I bet you buy your clothes here.

Old 22 October 2016, 05:17 AM   #16
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
With your spelling I bet you buy your clothes here.

Is that Swedish for TUMI?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 05:51 AM   #17
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I cannot do a wallet but the goyards do look nice. I would probably go with Montblanc or LV if I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 06:14 AM   #18
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Which one has Velcro? There's your answer.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 06:15 AM   #19
walds11
"TRF" Member

Stop it with these threads I was considering FLP, now I'm looking at Goyard card cases. I called the Goyard Boutique in NYC and inquired about the classic original black/tan and the classic black card cases. $330 each plus shipping. There is no Goyard Boutique in PA, so no sales tax since shipping from NY to PA. Bergdorf Goodman's in NYC also sells them free shipping and no sales tax. I'm attracted to the exclusivity and cult following. Hmmm...
Old 22 October 2016, 06:34 AM   #20
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
At the Beverly Hills GTG on 5 NOV I will check out Goyard and compare their wallets with my Faure Le Page. I will provide honest feedback. If I like Goyard I will buy a wallet as you cannot have too many luxury goods.

We were at Hermes today to send my wife's Kelly bag to Paris for restitching and spa treatment. While there I splurged and bought a light weight, medium blue riding jacket. Good for traveling around in Southern California where it can get cool at night. And the Silver buttons match the Platona
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 06:43 AM   #21
christianj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Stop it with these threads I was considering FLP, now I'm looking at Goyard card cases. I called the Goyard Boutique in NYC and inquired about the classic original black/tan and the classic black card cases. $330 each plus shipping. There is no Goyard Boutique in PA, so no sales tax since shipping from NY to PA. Bergdorf Goodman's in NYC also sells them free shipping and no sales tax. I'm attracted to the exclusivity and cult following. Hmmm...
More to consider:

Moynat Paris - has some really fun designs
Moreau Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
At the Beverly Hills GTG on 5 NOV I will check out Goyard and compare their wallets with my Faure Le Page. I will provide honest feedback. If I like Goyard I will buy a wallet as you cannot have too many luxury goods.
I can't compare to Faure yet as the wallet I want is out of stock but Goyard is nice but I am unsure of how it will wear long term. It is not a soft wallet and IMHO wears similar to my LV canvas. I'm a little concerned about the portion of the wallet at the fold crease. If you look closely at my pic you will see how it's creasing and I hope that doesn't crack. I had a similar problem with my LV wallet where it cracked and I got them to replace it since it happened at just 6 months into ownership.

Just to entice you:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goyard.jpg (113.4 KB, 1211 views)
Old 22 October 2016, 06:48 AM   #22
Jocke

Quote:

We were at Hermes today to send my wife's Kelly bag to Paris for restitching and spa treatment. While there I splurged and bought a light weight, medium blue riding jacket. Good for traveling around in Southern California where it can get cool at night. And the Silver buttons match the Platona
Be careful so it not ends with a Hermes belt.

Old 22 October 2016, 06:57 AM   #23
locutus49
Banned

I have an Hermes belt but not the H belt, mine has a more subtle buckle. They discontinued it so I am happy.

Quote:
Be careful so it not ends with a Hermes belt.
Old 22 October 2016, 08:07 AM   #24
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
More to consider:

Moynat Paris - has some really fun designs
Moreau Paris

I can't compare to Faure yet as the wallet I want is out of stock but Goyard is nice but I am unsure of how it will wear long term. It is not a soft wallet and IMHO wears similar to my LV canvas. I'm a little concerned about the portion of the wallet at the fold crease. If you look closely at my pic you will see how it's creasing and I hope that doesn't crack. I had a similar problem with my LV wallet where it cracked and I got them to replace it since it happened at just 6 months into ownership.

Just to entice you:
Nice! I love the Goyard chevron pattern.
Old 22 October 2016, 08:13 AM   #25
Jocke

Quote:
I have an Hermes belt but not the H belt, mine has a more subtle buckle. They discontinued it so I am happy.
It was just a joke, there was a thread some times ago about a Hermes belt that did not go so well.

Old 22 October 2016, 08:56 AM   #26
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I have went on a mild wallet spree lately and added another LV in khaki (olive) epi leather. A grey goyard and a grey FLP. They are all of similar quality and none of them feel like they are really worth the asking price

But they are a fun way to spend money

While I agree patterns do tend to draw attention, which is why I gave away my LV damier ebene to a friend, I don't think many know Goyard in my small town and they certainly don't know FLP.

If I was worried about someone noticing my wallet I wouldn't have the balls to wear a Rolex everyday
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 09:06 AM   #27
locutus49
Banned

I found the Epi leather to be virtually indestructible. I love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I have went on a mild wallet spree lately and added another LV in khaki (olive) epi leather. A grey goyard and a grey FLP. They are all of similar quality and none of them feel like they are really worth the asking price

But they are a fun way to spend money

While I agree patterns do tend to draw attention, which is why I gave away my LV damier ebene to a friend, I don't think many know Goyard in my small town and they certainly don't know FLP.

If I was worried about someone noticing my wallet I wouldn't have the balls to wear a Rolex everyday
Old 22 October 2016, 11:55 AM   #28
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

I certainly have some comments in regard to this subject. I do not own Goyard, although I have handled them.

As many of you have seen from the other thread, I have recently purchased a fair amount of Faure goods.

I had been following Faure for quite awhile, but was not aware I could purchase from abroad. I think the quality and the price point of their items is a great value. I really do. I think the prices will and should go up.

That being said, the items do not even come close in comparison to my Berluti wallet and card holder. I have had my wallet for 4 years and just sent it back. They restitched it, refinished it, etc.

I would place the Berluti products well above the Goyard items. Again though, I have only handled Goyard and have not owned. I also believe Berluti is better priced than Goyard?

JPS
Old 22 October 2016, 12:30 PM   #29
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mine stays in my pocket 99% of the time so does not scream anything.

It's a wallet--so who really cares?

Are we really having discussion about something screaming anything that sits in ones pocket?

Lame thread and Jocke I have a feel you really don't give **it which one we prefer as you won't buy either.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2016, 12:58 PM   #30
Star Ferry
Banned

Have to agree. Any wallet is a target for theft, anyway -- logo print or not. A discreet design won't move the needle much.

Re. country of origin, it does bother me. I bought a Zegna suit from one of their boutiques and now realize it was made in Spain. I also grabbed a sport shirt and later realized it was made in Turkey. Considering the price point, both should have been made in Italy. It's something that makes me think twice about buying again
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote