The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 November 2008, 06:57 AM   #1
chenx15
"TRF" Member

ebay feedback

i'm looking for a thread regarding the reliability of ebay feedbacks but i can't so i'll ask.

how reliable is the ebay feedback? what if the person is reliable in selling other items but never a luxury watch will you still rely on the ebay feedback?

one of our members here is selling a TT daytona but he has no TRF reference the deal seems to be really good. anyone knows RUSS174? he's moving to another house so he's selling the daytona. I can't meet him in person because he's from U.K. and i'm from toronto. if you don't want to post your opinion you can send me a private message. thanks!
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2008, 07:03 AM   #2
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
well he has really good feedback thats for sure. I only have a couple of references outside of ebay myself. All others have been done through ebay. I personally would not hesitate to buy it form him, if i wanted that watch.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2008, 07:03 AM   #3
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
I buy and sell on e-bay all the time, and feedback has to be specific, if they don't sell watches and I'm looking to buy one I would be suspicious, moreover hackers crack into e-bay accounts all the time and they take over dormant accounts with good feedback and scam people out of their money or property, so be cautious and only proceed if their are safety procedures in place JMHO.

Ask the person for references and if none can be produced, I would look for another deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
i'm looking for a thread regarding the reliability of ebay feedbacks but i can't so i'll ask.

how reliable is the ebay feedback? what if the person is reliable in selling other items but never a luxury watch will you still rely on the ebay feedback?

one of our members here is selling a TT daytona but he has no TRF reference the deal seems to be really good. anyone knows RUSS174? he's moving to another house so he's selling the daytona. I can't meet him in person because he's from U.K. and i'm from toronto. if you don't want to post your opinion you can send me a private message. thanks!
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Yume-sama
"TRF" Member

Watch: Plat. Masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
I buy and sell on e-bay all the time, and feedback has to be specific, if they don't sell watches and I'm looking to buy one I would be suspicious, moreover hackers crack into e-bay accounts all the time and they take over dormant accounts with good feedback and scam people out of their money or property, so be cautious and only proceed if their are safety procedures in place JMHO.

Ask the person for references and if none can be produced, I would look for another deal
I agree. I don't buy any high-end items on eBay, it's just too much of a risk.

I don't know what % of Rolex on eBay are fake, but supposedly 90% of designer items like Louis Vuitton are fake.
Yume-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2008, 07:20 AM   #5
JimSnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ask me later.....
I have bought maybe 40 watches off The Bay and have never had a problem. The have been lower end watches up to $1200. 3 have been Tudors. You just have to be very careful.
Old 17 November 2008, 07:51 AM   #6
chenx15
"TRF" Member

thanks everyone! i'll just settle for the person to person deal that i have even though it's 1,000 dollars more expensive atleast i have the peace of mind.
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2008, 08:09 AM   #7
FLtime
"TRF" Member

I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 2000. Started out with books and vintage items, have had an apparel store, and sold several high end items. But I would say, it is not just their feedback score, although that is definitely the most important thing. It is also the number of sales. If they have 100% feedback and 20 sales, stay far away, if you are purchasing a Rolex. But if they are in the hundreds and thousands and still have 100% or near that, then they are most likely trustworthy. I still have my 100% feedback.
FLtime is offline   Reply With Quote