The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 26 January 2018, 02:10 AM   #1
TickTickTickTickTick
"TRF" Member

Bad experience with Brad Clissold

I am mostly a lurker here, so take this with as many grains of salt as you see fit.

This is specifically related to the following post in the non-Rolex classified forum.

EDIT: Unable to post links due to low post count. You can search for his post on January 13, 2018 12:09PM, titled Omega Railmaster 41mm - AD Complete - $1550 Shipped

I offered to purchase at the asking price. Sent money via PayPal. To be fully transparent, there was a little weirdness on my end while I was trying to get the money sent through PayPal. I was outside of the US for work that week, and PayPal didn't like the fact that I was logging in from the UK. I was able to get it taken care of and the money transferred less than 5 hours after Brad and I agreed to the deal over email. That was on Saturday 1/13/2018.

I email Sunday to confirm payment was received since I had not received any communication.

Monday, I asked if the watch would be shipping. Brad reminded me that the Post Office was closed due to the federal holiday. He also mentioned "I have been tuning it though and want to keep an eye on it. Started off a little jumpy. Been sitting for quite some time so want to make sure it's good before it goes just to be safe."

The following exchange took place over the next few days:

Me - Tue 1/16/2018 10:33AM:
Thanks Brad. Will it be shipping today?

Brad - Tue 1/16/2018 7:20PM:
It's settling in very nicely now. Mind if I keep in an extra day to be sure? Otherwise, today is fine too.

Me - Tue 1/16/2018 7:32PM:
I’m hoping to have it delivered by Friday or Saturday. Never mind what I said about shipping to my office. The address PayPal provided (REDACTED ADDRESS) will be fine. I’m probably going to work from home at the start of next week, so I won’t have to go into the office to get it this way.

If you ship UPS ground, it should arrive in 2-3 days, so tomorrow should still be OK. I’m just a little anxious, having laid out the money already. I’m sure you understand :)

Brad - Tue 1/16/2018 8:02PM:
Shipping from REDACTED. Use 2-day so you're fine.

Wed 1/17/2018 2:26PM:
I receive notification from PayPal that Brad had refunded the money I had sent, including a note stating: "Uncomfortable with shipping as I don't trust accuracy, think it needs a service."

Me - Thur 1/18/2018 2:03AM:
Hi Brad. Got an email from PayPal saying you had refunded?

Me - Fri 1/19/2018 1:06PM:
Brad, Checking in again. I'm ok with the watch being in need of service. In fact, I expect so given the purchase price and lack of service history in your sale description. Are you unwilling to sell now?

I have received no communication since then as of today, 1/25/2018.

While, I DID RECEIVE MY MONEY BACK, I feel that the whole experience ended in a bad place, with someone who is not great with communication, and who's honesty I now find suspect. I would not do business with him in the future.
TickTickTickTickTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 02:56 AM   #2
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
I’ve approved this post giving Brad a chance to publicly respond.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote