The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2018, 02:57 AM   #1
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Tell me your thoughts on Everrose

Will it fade or tarnish? Do you think it's a generational fad, or is it here to stay? When compared to YG only, which do you prefer?
Old 20 April 2018, 03:01 AM   #2
Quailhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
I’ve seen the rose gold watches up close and personal. That said, I strongly prefer yellow gold and I prefer stainless over white gold. The price of platinum watches gives me shivers when I think of my wife’s reaction if I came home with one.
Quailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:02 AM   #3
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Tell me your thoughts on Everrose

Have always tried to love it (RG)— but never thought it went well with my skin tone. Prefer YG to it.

But at the end of the day I prefer PT, WG or Stainless overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:03 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
RG is here to stay, most of the big brands now choose this over YG, it gives off luxury but is more subtle. There is rose, pink and red, so all brands have their own mix too.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:04 AM   #5
zjd168
"TRF" Member

Rolex says it won't fade so you need to decide if or not to take a leap of faith.

For DD I prefer YG, while on strap Daytona I purchased the RG. Both are very very beautiful.

YG can draw more attention if that is a concern
zjd168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:07 AM   #6
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Can't contribute to this thread, but I am following as a RG DD with either a Chocolate Motif or Olive dial is my grail watch, haha.
Houston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:10 AM   #7
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

RG has been my go-to for decades. It is a great metal color, classic and modern.... timeless really. JMHO
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:12 AM   #8
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
Can't contribute to this thread, but I am following as a RG DD with either a Chocolate Motif or Olive dial is my grail watch, haha.
I love those two watches, but the two issues that I go back and forth about are 1.) RG being very close to my skin tone and 2.) if this is something that 10-20 years from now will look tacky and of another time, similar to watch cases from the 70's...yikes.
Old 20 April 2018, 03:13 AM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Gold does not tarnish or fade.

I do not like yellow gold
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:17 AM   #10
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
RG Yachtmaster with black bezel and rubber strap looks great.

Still prefer SS though

You can google Rolex’s foundry and how they make their ‘Everose’ as its a mix of platinum and gold to achieve the color and resist fading
Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Submariner 1680
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:18 AM   #11
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

True for YG but not when other metals are introduced to create white gold, rose gold, etc
Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Submariner 1680
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:19 AM   #12
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Like everything, with the right dial colour is sensational.
My wife with her complexion yellow gold didn't really suit her very well.
A combination of SS and Everose was perfection for her.

As far as longevity goes.
Just like everything else, with regular cleaning and the Rolex servicing as required it will endure as well as the other metals.
Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:19 AM   #13
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
RG is here to stay, but it's a little too smooth jazz for my style. Looks great on ladies!
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:19 AM   #14
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Prefer Rolex YG to Rolex RG. Rolex RG is too pink in person to my eyes. AP RG is beautiful.
Old 20 April 2018, 03:29 AM   #15
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt0279a View Post
True for YG but not when other metals are introduced to create white gold, rose gold, etc
That's what I thought, and where my concern lies. I know YG gold doesn't tarnish, but how certain are we that the copper in RG doesn't react a certain way over the years?
Old 20 April 2018, 03:37 AM   #16
Gourmet Gal
"TRF" Member

I believe Everose now includes platinum in the mix which is supposed to prevent fading or tarnishing. I do notice that Everose is a little lighter in color than some other watch brands.
Gourmet Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:37 AM   #17
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

I like it. It goes well with my skin tone
Old 20 April 2018, 03:41 AM   #18
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt0279a View Post
Incorrect.

Gold does not tarnish. Yellow gold is too soft for jewelry and watches and has other metals introduced.

Quote:
Rolex exclusively uses 18 ct gold, a princely alloy composed of 750‰ (thousandths) of pure gold, plus exactly the right mixture of elements including silver and copper necessary to produce the different types of 18 ct gold: yellow, white and Everose, Rolex's exclusive pink gold alloy
https://www.rolex.com/watches/rolex-...materials.html
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:48 AM   #19
siempreko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sometimes
I never would have considered it, until I had the RG Yacht Master on my wrist... breath taking beauty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
siempreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:55 AM   #20
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
My guess is that the modern day Everrose gold is executed excellently, however i brought two 1970s RG day-dates into RSC for service estimates, and on the paperwork for both watches they wrote “yellow gold” lol.

When I told them the watches weren’t yellow gold, they initially tried to explain to me that sometimes YG turns pinkish which is why I thought they were RG. I told them I’m 100% sure they are RG and to please check again. They did, and of course, yes, they’re both rose gold haha.

Anyway, the color has definitely changed, I’ll give them that. It is a little bit difficult to differentiate the tone on these vintage pieces.

Again, I have a feeling the modern watches will hold up better, but how will we really know until enough time passes.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:29 AM   #21
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
My guess is that the modern day Everrose gold is executed excellently, however i brought two 1970s RG day-dates into RSC for service estimates, and on the paperwork for both watches they wrote “yellow gold” lol.

When I told them the watches weren’t yellow gold, they initially tried to explain to me that sometimes YG turns pinkish which is why I thought they were RG. I told them I’m 100% sure they are RG and to please check again. They did, and of course, yes, they’re both rose gold haha.

Anyway, the color has definitely changed, I’ll give them that. It is a little bit difficult to differentiate the tone on these vintage pieces.

Again, I have a feeling the modern watches will hold up better, but how will we really know until enough time passes.
Exactly my concern...only time will tell.
Old 20 April 2018, 05:22 AM   #22
Maiden
"TRF" Member

I like everose but generally on a leather strap, I find the full bracelet models too much of a wash and they look like fashion watches. A rose gold Daytona on leather or oysterflex I would take in a heartbeat, on a full bracelet no thanks. I also find them very feminine. A TT everose datejust with a chocolate dial would look better on a woman than a man IMO. I also wonder if it will go out of style. Prefer YG though by a wide margin.

In any event, these are just my personal preferences, whatever YOU like go for it, its your wrist.
Omega Geneve
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2112
Orient Ray 2
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:29 AM   #23
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Do you think it's a generational fad, or is it here to stay?
Are you kidding me? I was a playful teenager in the mid-90s when I saw my first Rose Gold watch (Top Photo) on my uncle's wrist when he paid my family a visit upon returning home after a month long European tour. It really was a gorgeous watch and the unusual 3 colour combo was aesthetically fascinating.So I asked uncle about his new watch. He said he bought the expensive watch in London and it was top of the line, premium Seamaster 300M Chronograph Diver that Omega had released in 1993 and the casing, bezel and bracelet was made up of 3 metals, hence the tri-colour -Titanium Tantalum Rose Gold. It was like so weird because I nodded but couldn't understand a damn word he was saying. Only years later when Pierce Brosnan wore the iconic Omega Seamaster 300M Diver of a different revised version in each of the 4 consecutive James Bond movies that I fully grasped the concept, the rose gold watch hardwired into my brain. I thought to myself, maybe when I'm older, more matured, perhaps someday, I would like to own a Rose Gold sports watch just like Uncle's
In Baselworld 2018, ok I wasn't really surprise to hear Omega announced the new updated upgraded Seamaster Pro Diver 300M MC to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the Modern day Seamaster but what hit me like a hammer on the head was Omega's decision to release the 'ultimate' Seamaster 300M , a limited edition Tri-Tone Seamaster 300M Titanium Tantalum Sedna Gold, in short Ti-Tan-18K-SG. I know the polarizing Rose Gold (Sedna Gold in Omega language since 2012) is not intended for everyone, neither it is meant for the purists nor vintage collectors, a watch that will divide opinions, some will loathe it( I'm expecting the majority with cynical views no doubt) and some will love it. Me? I absolutely adore its vintage 90s vibe, 'my precious' will blend in perfectly with my skin complexion without being too flashy.
Of course I'm also familiar with all the SS Seamasters but this Rose or Sedna Gold offers me a completely new sensory treat both visually and tactilely. And will I be getting the watch? It'll be available in Malaysia by end of October so we'll just have to wait and see....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Will it fade or tarnish?
While I cannot comment on the Rose Gold or a Rolex Everose, I can certainly say a few words about Omega's proprietary special alloy Rose Gold version called Sedna Gold (18K Gold 75.5% + Copper+ Palladium), the rosy undertones is just glorious.Normal rose gold colour will return back to yellow gold after a lot of wear but Sedna Gold won't fade, the colour is permanent and forever. Ok I'm done here
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:34 AM   #24
AutoBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS Odysseus
It's surprisingly dense and incredibly attractive. So much more resilient than Rolex's white gold, too.
AutoBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:36 AM   #25
johnnyjazz
"TRF" Member

067.jpgEverose and diamonds, and it felt fantastic to wear.
johnnyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:51 AM   #26
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
I like all gold, but Rolex everose is really something else
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrist copy.JPG (235.5 KB, 533 views)
Old 20 April 2018, 06:52 AM   #27
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBay View Post

So much more resilient than Rolex's white gold, too.
I would be interested to see the data or evidence that would back up that claim.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 06:58 AM   #28
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

Some say the metals in rose gold make it fade in chlorine pools and such. So the OP has concerns about it's longevity for looking good years down the road. Rolex claims their rose gold won't fade. I believe the issue is the reactivity of the copper in the mix.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 07:32 AM   #29
peterpl
Banned

Everose gold will not fade thats why its called "ever"rose. :)

Never seen a picture of Rolex RG fade on any watch.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 07:43 AM   #30
Generation
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 & BB58
There was an interesting article on Rolex's Everose gold in Vanity Fair written less than a month ago that you might find interesting. I can't post links yet, but you can Google it.

Maybe someone else can post the link?
Generation is offline   Reply With Quote