The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 August 2018, 11:16 AM   #1
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
Need advice on my 5167a-001

Ive owned my 5167A-001 for almost two months now wearing it in rotation with other pieces. I absolutely love the watch quality, rubber strap, and size on my wrist. My issue is I have noticed when wearing it for long periods one side of the deployment clasp digs into the underside of my wrist causing a pinching irritation. Can this be adjusted at my AD? and anyone else have this issue or solutions? The strap and clasp was sized at my AD when I picked up the watch new. Thanks
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 11:52 AM   #2
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

I know what you mean... worse in humid/hot weather for me, so recently ordered a second strap to be sized one notch larger to see if this takes care of the issue .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 11:58 AM   #3
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Moved mine along for this reason. If the rubber were a softer material it may contour better to more wrists. I think they changed the clasp on newer ones? Anybody know?
Old 29 August 2018, 12:27 PM   #4
john_peter33
"TRF" Member

I’ve been wearing mine all summer and no issues. My AD cut the strap and left some slack. Winter is a little loose and summer is perfect.
john_peter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 01:31 PM   #5
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_peter33 View Post
I’ve been wearing mine all summer and no issues. My AD cut the strap and left some slack. Winter is a little loose and summer is perfect.

The same. Ive never had any issue with the clasp (on the 5164a) digging into the wrist. I assume the rubber strap was cut and sized too tight. Unfortunately, a new strap set may be what you need. Once cut, it cannot be reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 02:59 PM   #6
kbj
"TRF" Member

Hi!

If you think you have the strap adjusted to correct size, one thing you could try is to have the strap other way around.

I assume you have the shorter part at six o’clock so if you go to your AD, have them put the longer part of strap to six o’clock. That way the position of the clasp moves to different part of your wrist.

Other solution as others have suggested is to buy a new strap and have it adjusted one notch longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 05:50 PM   #7
tchaic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Heuer 2000
New strap one notch bigger solves this for me. Getting 5167 sized right is a little bit of a process but once you get it right it’s the most comfortable watch I’ve owned.
tchaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 08:24 PM   #8
Flex368
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_peter33 View Post
Same here.

Funny that on the 5167 this works perfectly fine for me as I tend to use the Glidelock on my Subs a lot during hot weather.
Flex368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 08:45 PM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Don't have this with mine, it's not like a ROO deployant at all, probably needs to be a size bigger as the guys say, or you need 2 straps.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 09:10 PM   #10
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
I think they changed the clasp on newer ones? Anybody know?
they did for both the 5740 and 5968. The Salon in London indicated to me that they would filter down to the other models eventually. So im hopeful.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 09:13 PM   #11
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
Ive owned my 5167A-001 for almost two months now wearing it in rotation with other pieces. I absolutely love the watch quality, rubber strap, and size on my wrist. My issue is I have noticed when wearing it for long periods one side of the deployment clasp digs into the underside of my wrist causing a pinching irritation. Can this be adjusted at my AD? and anyone else have this issue or solutions? The strap and clasp was sized at my AD when I picked up the watch new. Thanks
IMO the clasp doesnt need adjustment, the strap does. Changing the lengths of the straps to one side or the other will change where the clasp sits on your wrist. So basically find a position on your wrist where you want the clasp to be and then cut the strap to ensure that is where it will sit. You need a new strap obviously
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 09:25 PM   #12
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
IMO the clasp doesnt need adjustment, the strap does. Changing the lengths of the straps to one side or the other will change where the clasp sits on your wrist. So basically find a position on your wrist where you want the clasp to be and then cut the strap to ensure that is where it will sit. You need a new strap obviously
This.
I cut mine with 2 notches difference on one side so the clasp sits more to the left, resulting in a perfect fit.