The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2019, 03:27 AM   #1
964racer
"TRF" Member

RSC in Beverly Hills

My stainless GMT-II is about 10 years old now and starting to run fast ( about 10 seconds day - used to be 2-3 seconds ) . It’s probably ready for a service. Never had it done . I plan on dropping it off at the service center in Beverly Hills. I’m assuming they take drop offs ? How long do they usually take for a complete service ?How much can I expect to pay ?
Thank you 🙏🏽
964racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 03:29 AM   #2
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I was told in February by Geary’s nearby that the Beverly Hills RSC is no longer a full service center. Anything above bracelet fitting or a basic adjustment now goes to Dallas.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 03:53 AM   #3
964racer
"TRF" Member

On the Rolex Website, they list the 9420 Wilshire address (in Beverly Hills) as the west coast service center. Are you saying if you drop your watch off they, they are going to ship it to Dallas ?
Old 4 May 2019, 04:18 AM   #4
cbiggs
"TRF" Member

Id be interested to know as well. I was planning on dropping a watch off while in LA in a few weeks...
cbiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 04:34 AM   #5
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I was told in February by Geary’s nearby that the Beverly Hills RSC is no longer a full service center. Anything above bracelet fitting or a basic adjustment now goes to Dallas.
Not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 964racer View Post
My stainless GMT-II is about 10 years old now and starting to run fast ( about 10 seconds day - used to be 2-3 seconds ) . It’s probably ready for a service. Never had it done . I plan on dropping it off at the service center in Beverly Hills. I’m assuming they take drop offs ? How long do they usually take for a complete service ?How much can I expect to pay ?
Thank you ����

Yes they service there. Takes about a month.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 04:40 AM   #6
Cubdrick
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
RSCBH was closed for a few months last year for renovating. While services were limited they said they were shipping all work out to their Lititz, PA facility. They were scheduled to reopen late November-early December 2018. RSCBH receptionist referred me to Geary’s for my 16710 insert swap—-I walked away with a new Pepsi and my old Coke for ~$76.
Cubdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 04:46 AM   #7
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubdrick View Post
RSCBH was closed for a few months last year for renovating. While services were limited they said they were shipping all work out to their Lititz, PA facility. They were scheduled to reopen late November-early December 2018. RSCBH receptionist referred me to Geary’s for my 16710 insert swap—-I walked away with a new Pepsi and my old Coke for ~$76.
I had warranty work done there last year.. I dropped it off personally. They shipped it back in a week. Very amiable. They sure were due for that renovation though.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 05:02 AM   #8
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
yes, they do drop offs!

takes about a month.. and cost is $700 for a full service.

when i had a watch serviced there in june of 2017 they serviced it in-house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 06:13 AM   #9
964racer
"TRF" Member

Thank You, It's expensive but if they really do the work they say they do on their website (disassembly, lubrication, pressure/water checks, restoration of finish), then 700 doesn't seem bad especially after 10 years...
Old 4 May 2019, 06:18 AM   #10
964racer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubdrick View Post
off my original topic but wondering if it's possible to swap a batman bezel for my black one for a while ? not a high priority but would be cool to change the look and maybe switch it back in the next 10 year service :-)
Old 4 May 2019, 07:05 AM   #11
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
off my original topic but wondering if it's possible to swap a batman bezel for my black one for a while ? not a high priority but would be cool to change the look and maybe switch it back in the next 10 year service :-)
0% chance.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 09:34 AM   #12
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Recently had two pieces serviced there, one warranty and one not, they do great work.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:35 AM   #13
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve taken 4 there for full service.

Park (free) in their private lot to the left of their building. Drop inside. You will fill out paperwork and they take the watch in the back on a tray. In a day or two you will receive and email estimate (should be around $800), which you have to approve before they begin work.

You can either come back (4-6 weeks) or have it shipped to you.

I really like their service. Top notch.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 01:50 PM   #14
JePro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 / 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I’ve taken 4 there for full service.

Park (free) in their private lot to the left of their building. Drop inside. You will fill out paperwork and they take the watch in the back on a tray. In a day or two you will receive and email estimate (should be around $800), which you have to approve before they begin work.

You can either come back (4-6 weeks) or have it shipped to you.

I really like their service. Top notch.

Thanks for the info
JePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 02:47 PM   #15
Ragnarok
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3714 Portugieser
Quote:

Thank you
Ha. I just went there today for service. Expect to pay 850 for a full maintenance and then cost of parts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 02:48 PM   #16
Ragnarok
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3714 Portugieser
Yes. Thet service there; however parts might come from their Pennsylvania location. Will take 4 to 5 weeks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 02:56 PM   #17
tonygt3rs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50th Sub & GMT II
I dropped off both my 16710 GMT Pepsi and my Ivory Pyramid Datejust at Beverly Hills RSC and both were fully serviced and back within 3 weeks. The staff were fantastic and they did an incredible job. They did the work in house. I paid $750 for the GMT and $700 for the Datejust. I was very pleased with the work and their customer service.
CHNR 126711 Root Beer GMT II
116660 Deepsea Sea-Dweller
tonygt3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 04:30 AM   #18
sudijajd
"TRF" Member

Hi friends -- I am planning to drop off a 1988 Sub for servicing at RSC Beverly Hills. I would like to keep the original dial, hands, bezel insert. Is that a request that the RSC would accommodate?

Thank you!
sudijajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 05:03 AM   #19
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudijajd View Post
Hi friends -- I am planning to drop off a 1988 Sub for servicing at RSC Beverly Hills. I would like to keep the original dial, hands, bezel insert. Is that a request that the RSC would accommodate?
Sure. Just document your request on the estimate.... and they will advise what they can or can't do.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote