The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 June 2019, 11:08 PM   #1
toolkit21
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710, 326934
1 year life review with a Rolex 116710 BLNR

Few years ago I gave myself a 2-3 years head start to aim, save and search for a 40th birthday watch. Then in 2018, I coincided a holiday trip to Chicago with the Fedex delivery of this BNIB Rolex BLNR timepiece.

It wasn’t bought at retail price nor at a retail outlet. On the day of arrival when in Chicago, I felt like a kid sitting anxiously at my friend’s front door, peeking thru the window at every second for a special vehicle to pass by. The exciting moment lit up when a Fedex truck made a turn on the street and stopped right in front of the driveway. Driver making his way up to the door bell, I felt like a kid about to meet Santa for his Christmas present. After signing off for the simple looking package, I thanked the Fedex guy for making my day.

Had a grinning time unwrapping, unboxing, then fitting what is a beautiful shiny, mint piece of Rolex Batman on my wrist. That was such a great 40th birthday memory to cherish alongside my wife and best friend of 30 years.

More than a year on, the 116710 BLNR still captivates with its brilliance, accuracy and usability. And am loving the moments I put it on in the morning, be it on an Oyster PCL bracelet or Everest rubber strap, the ritual of winding the movement is a Zen moment to start the day.

What’s really changed much since then was the discontinuation of the Batman on Oyster, and the crazy spike in grey market prices till today. Doesn’t really bother me as this is a keeper piece, for my kids. But I do wonder when will the bubble burst, although we’re talking about a Rolex here. A perpetual bubble that will not crack.

Here’s my 2nd Rolex piece review

Retail experience buying a new Rolex Sub Date 116610

JLC Reverso DuoFace Tribute
SEIKO Rose Gold Tuna
toolkit21 is offline   Reply With Quote