The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2019, 11:52 AM   #1
debner4
"TRF" Member

For those that have 5167 on bracelet...

What do you think of it on the bracelet?

Is it worth $3,750 USD?

How often do you wear it on the bracelet versus the rubber strap?

I have a 5167A on strap and considering buying the bracelet but not sure whether to do it?
debner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 11:54 AM   #2
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Personally I think the bracelet looks kind of chunky and cheap. An Aquanaut was born on rubber so I would keep it that way and keep the cash

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 11:57 AM   #3
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I just bought a bracelet from my AD last week. I have to say I freaking love it. I know the 5167 is most preferred on the strap but man the bracelet is cool. Also, on strap it’s a little too light and dainty for me. But the bracelet gives it some weight and bulk that I prefer. Also the brushed and polished surfaces match the case perfectly. It’s not cheap. But I’d say do it!

Old 28 July 2019, 12:39 PM   #4
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
I just bought a bracelet from my AD last week. I have to say I freaking love it. I know the 5167 is most preferred on the strap but man the bracelet is cool. Also, on strap it’s a little too light and dainty for me. But the bracelet gives it some weight and bulk that I prefer. Also the brushed and polished surfaces match the case perfectly. It’s not cheap. But I’d say do it!

The aquanaut looks equally beautiful on the bracelet. Look perfect on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 28 July 2019, 12:42 PM   #5
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I love the 5167 bracelet! Its silky smooth and the center links are brushed instead of mirror polished, making it less scratchy to the PCL of the Rolex.

And it's also very comfortable!
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 12:50 PM   #6
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral View Post
The aquanaut looks equally beautiful on the bracelet. Look perfect on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!!
Old 28 July 2019, 12:56 PM   #7
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That bezel is super crisp, no heavy scratches yet
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 01:13 PM   #8
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
That bezel is super crisp, no heavy scratches yet

Haha nothing major yet lol
Old 28 July 2019, 04:35 PM   #9
jay_kay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 54
I much prefer it on a rubber strap. I am on the lookout for a metal bracelet though just to have the option. Missed one on eBay a couple of months ago that went for about £900 from memory.
Rolex Explorer 214270, Omega Speedmaster '1957 Relaunch' 3594.50.00, Panerai Luminor 1950 PAM00127-E, Panerai Radiomir 1936 PAM00249-I, Panerai Mare Nostrum PAM00716-T, Panerai PAM00785-Q Set, Panerai Luminor Black Seal PAM00594-Q, Panerai Luminor Daylight PAM00604-Q, Tudor Black Bay 54 79000N, Heuer Carrera Re-Edition CS3113, Hamilton Military W10 & TAG Heuer F1
jay_kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 04:48 PM   #10
orandoyle
Banned

Bracelet looks feminine to me
orandoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 06:24 PM   #11
Aquaman
Banned

Great pics above guys

But for me personally the Aquanaut should only be on. Rubber strap. As it looks far more casual and sporty

And patek must feel the same otherwise they would give bracelet options on the other Aquanaut models
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 10:05 PM   #12
WWC
"TRF" Member

The Aquanaut is meant to be on a rubber. If you want a steel bracelet it’s best on the Nautilus. The Aquanaut bracelet looks like a... mediocre one found on cheaper brands.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Cosmograph DAYTONA 116520 | DEEPSEA 126660 | Explorer 214270 | GMT Master II BLRO 16710 | GMT Master II VTNR 126720 | Submariner LV 16610 | Sky-Dweller 326139 | Prince Oysterdate 90630
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 10:09 PM   #13
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I love the bracelet... if I was buying an aquanaut I would try to get it with the bracelet and have optionailtu
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 11:08 PM   #14
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
The Aquanaut is meant to be on a rubber. If you want a steel bracelet it’s best on the Nautilus. The Aquanaut bracelet looks like a... mediocre one found on cheaper brands.

It’s weird. A lot of people seem to say that it seems cheap. But the quality is 100% Patek quality. It’s solid and full of detail. I feel like everyone just compares it to a nautilus bracelet, which I get will lead to disappointment. But to me this bracelet is up there with one of the best made and most comfortable ones on the market.
Old 29 July 2019, 12:05 AM   #15
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
What do you think of it on the bracelet?

Is it worth $3,750 USD?

How often do you wear it on the bracelet versus the rubber strap?

I have a 5167A on strap and considering buying the bracelet but not sure whether to do it?

Is $3750 the msrp price from an AD? Just curious. I have on rubber and at the moment have no desire for the bracelet but who knows that could change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2019, 12:50 AM   #16
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
I have owned mine for less than a year but I do like the bracelet. I typically wear my watches on rubber straps during the summer and bracelets in the winter. It does give the watch a different look and feel of course but it will just come down to your personal preference. I had to get a 1.5 link to make it fit the way I wanted.

So if you’re a bracelet person, then I’d consider it. But 5167/1A owners seem to put up their bracelets for sale once they get it on a rubber strap. If you’ve got other watches on bracelets you may be happy keeping it on the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2019, 12:54 AM   #17
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Is $3750 the msrp price from an AD? Just curious. I have on rubber and at the moment have no desire for the bracelet but who knows that could change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. It’s sold in parts.

Bracelet - $3,300
End links - $200 each
Spring bars - $20 each
Old 29 July 2019, 04:00 AM   #18
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by orandoyle View Post
Bracelet looks feminine to me
That what a lot of people say about the SS Daytona......^^^....

Matter of opinion.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Personally I think the bracelet looks kind of chunky and cheap. An Aquanaut was born on rubber so I would keep it that way and keep the cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post

Regarding: Bracelet vs Rubber.... Is a double edged sword topic.....

A lot of people saying the Aquanaut with the rubber strap look cheap and don't how can someone spend $19K retail for it..... And yet the secondary market going for $40K.... What are you kidding me....

Again matter of opinion.....

I could tell you the bracelet is better made then the Nautilus for the fact.....

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2019, 04:01 AM   #19
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I love the 5167 bracelet! Its silky smooth and the center links are brushed instead of mirror polished, making it less scratchy to the PCL of the Rolex.

And it's also very comfortable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I love the bracelet... if I was buying an aquanaut I would try to get it with the bracelet and have optionailtu
Quote:
It’s weird. A lot of people seem to say that it seems cheap. But the quality is 100% Patek quality. It’s solid and full of detail. I feel like everyone just compares it to a nautilus bracelet, which I get will lead to disappointment. But to me this bracelet is up there with one of the best made and most comfortable ones on the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
I have owned mine for less than a year but I do like the bracelet. I typically wear my watches on rubber straps during the summer and bracelets in the winter. It does give the watch a different look and feel of course but it will just come down to your personal preference. I had to get a 1.5 link to make it fit the way I wanted.

So if you’re a bracelet person, then I’d consider it. But 5167/1A owners seem to put up their bracelets for sale once they get it on a rubber strap. If you’ve got other watches on bracelets you may be happy keeping it on the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.....^^^...Right on the spot..

Old 29 July 2019, 04:14 AM   #20
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4
Thinking of adding a bracelet for mine.

Do you also have a strap, or just bracelet? Regardless, what are your thoughts on the bracelet?

Is it masculine in person. In photos, it looks very jewelry-like, wondering if in person it is more typical watch bracelet-looking?

Regardless, I would appreciate any thoughts you have the bracelet.
To the OP... I got your PM regarding this topic...^^^.....

Having both bracelet and rubber is a great options.....

If you have a chance to buy the bracelet do so because normally you can't order the bracelet, maybe the rule has change....

My personal preference I like the bracelet more than the rubber....

Regarding: Bracelet vs Rubber.... Is a double edged sword topic.....

You could read my past posts at the bottom, as I mention this many time like a broken record ......

OR

If you interested you could read my full review regarding my 5167 by click the bottom link.....

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...95#post8592895

Hope this help.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
Regarding about the Aquanaut bracelet version is very solid like the Rolex oyster bracelet unlike the Nautilus bracelet where people complain it clumsy and light weight making it feel fragile, not solid like the Rolex bracelet..... Nonetheless Nautilus is good looking bracelet....

The weight of the Aquanaut bracelet version is surprisingly at 137 grams with 2 links taking off the watch, same as the Rolex SS Daytona at 137 grams with 1 link taking off the watch......

Technical the 5167/1a is a heavier watch compare to SS Daytona if both to have full links.....

The 5167 bracelet version is very comfortable.... It like wearing a Rolex Daytona reference 116520

If you love how the Rolex SS Daytona wear plus want the big look of the Rolex Submariner, Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167/1a-001on bracelet is the way to go, no doubt about it.......!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
The best part about wearing the 5167 on bracelet is everybody know it a real deal because there no fake 5167 on bracelet......

Another thing you will love the bracelet more than the strap, trust me......

Having both bracelet & strap is a Win Win situation.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS

I got a lot of people asking me which one is more comfortable the bracelet or rubber strap before they pull the trigger on the 5167.......

As I mention this many time to members and friends here is to get the 5167 bracelet version... Later on in the future, if you want then get the optional rubber strap & deployant clasp....

If you buy 5167 on rubber you can not buy the bracelet for it later...And if you can it will cost more.... Some member here regret for not buying the bracelet version....

I told them my honest opinion that the bracelet is comfortable than the rubber strap......

It great to have both and I know many members & friends who have both and prefer the bracelet for comfort.....

Rubber strap if you want the icon look....

Having both options is a win win situation but if I could only have one it would be the bracelet version....

Hope this help....

Old 30 July 2019, 09:57 AM   #21
debner4
"TRF" Member

It was recently pointed out to me that the bracelet is NOT tapered. I think that is what looked “off” to me that I couldn’t quite figure out and was holding me back from placing the order.

Now that I know the “issue” looking for any insight from others on how big of a deal is it that the bracelet isn’t tapered?
debner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 10:30 AM   #22
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
It was recently pointed out to me that the bracelet is NOT tapered. I think that is what looked “off” to me that I couldn’t quite figure out and was holding me back from placing the order.

Now that I know the “issue” looking for any insight from others on how big of a deal is it that the bracelet isn’t tapered?

Non-issue for me. I think the problem is it’s always compared to a Nautilus bracelet. It’s just different.
Old 30 July 2019, 10:43 AM   #23
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

+1...^^^...

Non-tapered bracelets it's very heavy comparatively and very tough, will let you feel more robust, solid and rock your wrist, too.....

That what I love about it...... Something different among the Rolex oyster bracelet and others.....

Old 30 July 2019, 10:30 PM   #24
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
Great pics above guys

But for me personally the Aquanaut should only be on. Rubber strap. As it looks far more casual and sporty

And patek must feel the same otherwise they would give bracelet options on the other Aquanaut models
I had a bracelet for a little bit...looks like I rebranded it to a David Yurman piece....wasn't for me.
brockburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 01:19 AM   #25
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Never thought of getting the bracelet, just like it on the strap, same with the ROOs.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 09:31 AM   #26
Peterandwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167/15400/Sub/JLC
The 5167 on rubber used to be a good entry way into the brand, and I had a handful of bracelet watches already. I've never wanted it on a bracelet, but the pictures do look nice.

I do think, even if I wanted wanted the bracelet, I'd allocate my funds elsewhere. You could have a 5167 on rubber plus a Speedmaster for instance.
Peterandwatches is offline   Reply With Quote