The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 22 December 2019, 06:28 AM   #1
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5164A
Buying Patek in Zurich

Anyone has any experience with Zurich’s AD? What is the normal discount given or none at all for Patek pieces?
Toffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2019, 06:55 AM   #2
levelero
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
Anyone has any experience with Zurich’s AD? What is the normal discount given or none at all for Patek pieces?

I have not but everywhere is the same;
Depends on the piece. Impossible to buy a Nautilus, no discount for popular pieces and some discount for not such a sought after ones.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
levelero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2019, 07:52 AM   #3
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t want to predict your chances of finding the Patek you want in Zurich or the likelihood of being offered a discount, but a visit to Beyer will likely be a very special experience. They are the oldest watch shop in Switzerland and they’ve had the longest relationship with Patek than any other dealer. They also have a very important watch museum. Hodinkee did a video about the museum, which I recommend you check out. Enjoy your visit!
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2019, 08:24 AM   #4
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
+1. We went in when we were in Zurich a year ago. It was a Saturday so the museum was closed, but it was still fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1538.jpeg (260.5 KB, 799 views)
Old 22 December 2019, 09:26 AM   #5
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
I visited Beyer when I was on holiday in Zurich. Good service and the staff were friendly and professional. No Nautilus and Aquanault as expected but I did saw a discontinued 5170P here. No discount.
Old 22 December 2019, 10:41 AM   #6
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

In general, most Patek ADs in Switzerland do not discount or may give you a very small discount (5% or less).

In Zurich, Beyer is better than Gubelin. Beyer also has a decent pre-owned Patek section, along with some vintage Pateks. Their museum is worth a visit and usually a small entrance fee. But usually if you ask the Patek salespeople, they will give you a free museum voucher. The museum has a nice collection of Patek and other watches owned by the Beyer family for over a century.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2019, 07:08 AM   #7
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

The RRP in CH seems quite attractive. It would be good if there is a further 5%. If not, is better stick to AD closer to home. In any case, I am looking at 4897G which I don’t think is really a hot model.
Old 24 December 2019, 01:53 AM   #8
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Beyer is great but no popular pieces will be found. Also, some Swiss ADs do not sell to foreigners in case you want to be put on a list.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 09:16 PM   #9
dysert
"TRF" Member

I was in Zurich last week. No Nautilus or Aquanauts. Very few other pieces and no discounts.
dysert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 06:40 AM   #10
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Went to Beyer this afternoon. It’s confirmed, the selection is limited and I am quite surprised by the depth of inventory unless they did not show all that they have. My wife tried to get the 4897G but they do not stock the dark blue alligator strap in as an alternative to the satin one.

Also confirmed no discount. The Asian sales lady was kinda friendly but others look stern and cold.

With nothing in tow, onward to London to check it out tomorrow onwards. It has to be between London and continue existing relationship with current AD or get back to Singapore and establish a new one.
Old 26 December 2019, 12:25 AM   #11
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
Went to Beyer this afternoon. It’s confirmed, the selection is limited and I am quite surprised by the depth of inventory unless they did not show all that they have. My wife tried to get the 4897G but they do not stock the dark blue alligator strap in as an alternative to the satin one.

Also confirmed no discount. The Asian sales lady was kinda friendly but others look stern and cold.

With nothing in tow, onward to London to check it out tomorrow onwards. It has to be between London and continue existing relationship with current AD or get back to Singapore and establish a new one.
So the inventory was smaller than you thought? Anyway, I would stick with your current AD where ever it is. If you went back in time by even five years, the situation could be different :)
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 07:28 AM   #12
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Beyer has many long-term clients from within Switzerland and others from around the world (clients of private Swiss banks).

It is not easy (or virtually impossible) to walk into Beyer and get a hard to find piece. Like any large city, the slow movers will be available for sale, but not a good deal at full price IMO. But the Beyer museum and their vintage collection watches are worth looking into at Beyer.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2019, 04:11 AM   #13
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Buying Patek in Zurich

Like everyone here, check out Beyer and ask to speak with Denise. She is AMAZING and charming lady. Let her know that a fellow watch acquaintance from Kenya sends his regards. Nothing 5711ish in site and no waitlists but the place is so pleasant. I love that store!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2019, 07:44 AM   #14
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

I can also suggest to speak with Denise she is so kind. Still waiting for acquanut after I took 5712.....but all in all very good experience. Is funny sometimes to see Arabic or Russian very rich person starts to cry to obtain nautilus etc but Denise very charm says: I’m sorry there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge list and we don’t take people anymore...
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote