The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2020, 11:49 AM   #1
RolexGuyRy
"TRF" Member

Excellent Boston AD’s Experience?

Anyone have an excellent AD experience in Boston that you would recommend?

Thank you in advance!
RolexGuyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I like Tourneu in Boston
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:58 AM   #3
RolexGuyRy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I like Tourneu in Boston
Reallllyyyy???

I’ve heard Several Tourneu horror stories:(
RolexGuyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:58 AM   #4
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Always had good experience with Lux bond and green. Although I’ve only stepped foot in their Boston store once

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:31 PM   #5
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Long’s is solid. Lux is good. Rest are meh. Stay away from Sidney Thomas at all costs.

For grey, try European Watch Co
NYG1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:48 PM   #6
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by envuks View Post
Always had good experience with Lux bond and green. Although I’ve only stepped foot in their Boston store once
The Boston store needs new carpets, furniture, lighting windows... what the hey. It needs to be fully gutted and remodeled... it probably was cool during the mad men days
Old 24 January 2020, 12:50 PM   #7
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexGuyRy View Post

Thank you in advance!
How would you define an excellent AD experience?
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:19 PM   #8
billfredericks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss
Long’s. All day...long.

Tour-NO.
billfredericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:29 PM   #9
Bozack90
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Yup Lux Bond and Green on Boylston, simply the best, the store manager and the whole team there are great. The only challenge is Rolex and Tudor are the only interesting/affordable brands there for me....they also carry Patek and Breitling I think.... I have been shopping there for years, deal with the store manager direct mostly but the rest of the team is the same and everything is very easy and down to earth.

I can't shop at longs, too many times I go in there and feel like just a number., sales people aren't typically helpful - They have a few folks who seem good but I figure they have a lot of turnover, they only relatively recently picked up Rolex when another local dealer bit the dust..I grew up in a town with one location that was a staple in the mall and it was always just ok...its a shame too as they have a couple of interesting brands ---the one positive is they have a location in Nashua so might be worth the drive up if you find you like it there. The south shore plaza location had an amazingly passionate sales guy there who seemed to know a lot, not sure if he is still there though. And the stores are ok (depending on location) and they have most of the billboards if that is something you care about :)

And as much as I am not a fan of Longs, I am even less of a fan of Tourneau and Sidney Thomas...Tourneau I think is down to one location in Copley, and the service is pretty poor...Sidney Thomas I think is also down to one location, they used to be Ross Simons but wanted to rebrand as higher end...I actually liked them better before...but when I looked them up it seems they aren't doing well as they only have a couple of stores left, wondering if the Pru botique is their hail mary before they give up the ghost.

If you're willing to travel out of the city I have heard there is a new place that is supposed to be nice in Sudbury called Time and Date.....plus Lux Bond and Green has another location in Wellesley .

There were some other good smaller dealers but they have all lost Rolex, even the better one up in Nashua just recently lost them, as well as the place in hingham....only the new or multiple location dealers still carry the line with very few exceptions (Goldstein Swank and Gordon which is owned by a chain, and Lorlil in Springfield). Worst experience I had was Alpha Omega when they were here...and I remember buying a Rolex from Shreve Crump and Low a couple of years before they folded, supposedly they were the oldest Rolex dealer in the US....they lost the brand when the new owner scooped them up....glad in a way I still have the paperwork showing that as I always remember stories my folks would tell of that place and how nice it was.
Bozack90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:30 PM   #10
Stew7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex
These days it might depend on what you're looking to buy. If you walk into an AD and want to shop Day-Dates you'll probably have a good experience at most of the Boston area ADs. If you walk in and say you want to compare how a Sub, BLNR, BLRO, and Daytona fits on your wrist so can you see them all? - you'll get a varying set of reactions.

I had a pleasant experience at Lux Bond and Green in Wellesley even though they didn't have what I was looking for.
Stew7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:38 PM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
How would you define an excellent AD experience?
Have to agree many believe that visiting a AD is like visiting the Queen, instead of what in the real world it is just a retail store that sells watches to anyone with the cash or CC who goes through there door.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:56 PM   #12
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

Thank you in advance!
What type of experience are you after?
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:21 PM   #13
DTap
"TRF" Member

I usually get terrible treatment or lip service from Boston ADs. I don’t think I’m their target demographic.
DTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:47 PM   #14
Unclebuck
"TRF" Member

I've had good experiences with Sidney Thomas. Just don't expect to find much Rolex stock. It's just like everywhere else.
Unclebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:03 AM   #15
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
+1 for Longs. Each store has at least a few very knowledgeable folks. Best to go in person and just chat. They take very good care of me.
Old 25 January 2020, 12:09 AM   #16
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Reallllyyyy???

I’ve heard Several Tourneu horror stories:(
Yep. I actually like them a lot...I go in to hang out sometimes...to be fair I love the Patek there but he helps me with everything else. I want to like Lux but place is so dirty. Don’t know Longs. Sydney Thomas is clueless in Boston. The Sudbury one is opened by Material goods in NYC.

Also new one opening up next to RM on Newbury.
Old 25 January 2020, 12:11 AM   #17
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

None. I make the drive to Greenwich CT. I prefer Betteridge. Manfredi Jewels is about 2 blocks down the street. Both have very knowledgeable staff who are friendly and offer great service. You will be treated with respect at both dealers. Betteridge is the better dealer for me, just my opinion.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:13 AM   #18
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
I've got a fairly good relationship with Long's. I'd go to the Burlington store. They will be opening a Rolex Boutique in Boston in the next year.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:50 AM   #19
Bozack90
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Yep. I actually like them a lot...I go in to hang out sometimes...to be fair I love the Patek there but he helps me with everything else. I want to like Lux but place is so dirty. Don’t know Longs. Sydney Thomas is clueless in Boston. The Sudbury one is opened by Material goods in NYC.

Also new one opening up next to RM on Newbury.
I'm a bit confused or maybe don't pay enough attention, and certainly biased as I have had a great experience with the staff at Lux Bond and Green, but I have been to a lot of the local dealers and haven't found the store to be "dirty" or not as nice....it is smaller so there is that, but it is always clean and the displays look to be similar with Longs, Royal, Goldstein or any of the others. I'd figure to carry Patek and Rolex they have to keep things up, especially since Dorfman closed and now its just them or Tourneau for the brand.

The older Tourneaus in Burlington and Natick were pretty bland, the Copley one is ok, but I never thought it was that nice. Then again I put more emphasis on the people and service as all the stores seem the same.

If you care about the experience the place in Sudbury at least looks amazing in photos, but they only seem to carry Rolex and Tudor.
Bozack90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 01:13 AM   #20
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Lux Bond, and also Longs. Years ago Alpha Omega was interesting, yet they're out of biz.

Also, Royal Jewellers on Main Street in Andover. Good people imho and ask for David.

Watches Of Switzerland also has a new store in Boston at Encore Harbor.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 08:43 AM   #21
HODDS
"TRF" Member

Date and Time in Sudbury MA. Just outside of Boston. Brand new store. They did a beautiful job! Go check it out. Owners are very nice guys.
HODDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:26 AM   #22
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Long’s has been my favourite and I have been to almost all of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:55 AM   #23
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
I’ve had some good experiences in Tourneaus as well. A lot of the “bad” experiences, honestly are many times self inflicted. What I mean is, when someone walks into an AD, and asks for a Daytona, or a BLRO or any other hot reference right off the bat....that IMMEDIATELY sets the bar.

Now, is that EVERY time. No, but sadly the good will suffer for the bad, like my grandmother used to say...

I had a SA from Tourneau do quite a bit to find a 5711R.
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:17 PM   #24
mjr2000
"TRF" Member

Royal jewelers isn't a Rolex dealer. Just tudor
mjr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 08:42 PM   #25
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr2000 View Post
Royal jewelers isn't a Rolex dealer. Just tudor
Good point, you're right. They do others brands as well... and Wellendorff too! If you've never seen Wellendorff jewelry you really should imho.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 11:33 PM   #26
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

After being out of the watch world for several years I decided to pick up a new piece and have a couple of watches serviced. After becoming re-educated on TRF on the current state, I went to all four of the ADs in the city.
Here’s my take—it’s the SA that’s what’s most important. Specifically someone who has been with the AD for some time. The issue I had with Tourneau was every time I went in I had to talk with someone different even after asking for the person I initially spoke with. In my opinion, they really didn’t show much interest in establishing a relationship.
Next was Lux. Great spot, very nice SA and took me seriously. Even gave me a form and rough estimate for the watch I was interested in.
Longs is where I ended up. The watch manager has been there for 13 years, remembered me every time I went in and got my business. He was honest with me and did end up sourcing me my watch in a relatively short time. Very happy with my experience...
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 11:42 PM   #27
OnTimeBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I drove an hour to Springers in Portsmouth NH. Good treatment and No sales tax.
OnTimeBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 08:16 AM   #28
caveatesq
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoOne View Post
None. I make the drive to Greenwich CT. I prefer Betteridge. Manfredi Jewels is about 2 blocks down the street. Both have very knowledgeable staff who are friendly and offer great service. You will be treated with respect at both dealers. Betteridge is the better dealer for me, just my opinion.
Manfredi in Greenwich is not a Rolex AD. They only carry pre-owned Rolex in Greenwich. Their New Canaan store is an AD. The staff at Betteridge is very pleasant but forget about getting any hot model there unless you are a VERY big spender.
caveatesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 09:27 AM   #29
pharma-md
"TRF" Member

We have a great relationship with Benny at Sidney Thomas. Very nice guy. Straight shooter.
pharma-md is offline   Reply With Quote