The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 13 February 2020, 12:12 PM   #1
stevenke
"TRF" Member

Collectors1946 and Rolex

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for a pre-owned rolex datejust 36mm and I came across this website called collectors1946 with this 2018 RANDOM SERIAL Rolex DateJust 36mm Factory Diamond 116233 18K Gold Watch in MINT condition for only $7,593.77 USD with no box or paper. Is it too good to be true ?. Has anyone deal with them before ?. I tried the search engine but not much came up from them. As I heard, If I buy a stolen rolex and send it into RSC in the future they migh confiscate it.
stevenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2020, 01:10 PM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
A 116233 is not an 18k gold watch, it is a two-tone model.
Old 13 February 2020, 01:16 PM   #3
Initial_J
"TRF" Member

I’ve wondered about these guys also. The watch is certainly not “MINT”. I have a feeling they have a bunch of frankenwatches in their inventory but not really sure. I would ask lots of questions.
Initial_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2020, 01:16 PM   #4
stevenke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
A 116233 is not an 18k gold watch, it is a two-tone model.
Thanks for the info, I just checked it is a two tone , but price seem a bit too less do you think ? . I'm pretty new to watches and I only have 1 ORIS Aquis as my first watch.
Old 13 February 2020, 01:17 PM   #5
stevenke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial_J View Post
I’ve wondered about these guys also. The watch is certainly not “MINT”. I have a feeling they have a bunch of frankenwatches in their inventory but not really sure. I would ask lots of questions.
But this is a 2018 model , seem a bit cheap as well even without box and paper.
Old 13 February 2020, 01:39 PM   #6
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
same vendor is on C24 and price is higher to reflect overhead of dealing through C24. The company has multiple locations, been around for a while. No box and no papers can happen for many reasons so that doesn't bother me. Your question is about a stolen watch that later gets sent for service and can be confiscated. That is a great question, where is the database of stolen serial numbers. Call the vendor to ask how they know the watch isn't stolen, call RSC and ask how they check for a serial number reported stolen, pay with credit card that offers purchase protection, even if using CC adds 3% to the price. The price is very good, so if the watch is legit then it's a good deal, but subject to inspection.
Old 13 February 2020, 01:50 PM   #7
stevenke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
same vendor is on C24 and price is higher to reflect overhead of dealing through C24. The company has multiple locations, been around for a while. No box and no papers can happen for many reasons so that doesn't bother me. Your question is about a stolen watch that later gets sent for service and can be confiscated. That is a great question, where is the database of stolen serial numbers. Call the vendor to ask how they know the watch isn't stolen, call RSC and ask how they check for a serial number reported stolen, pay with credit card that offers purchase protection, even if using CC adds 3% to the price. The price is very good, so if the watch is legit then it's a good deal, but subject to inspection.
Thanks for all the information, unfortunately the watch is gone as I checked just now... :(
Old 16 February 2023, 10:22 PM   #8
Awaken
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
The explorer 2 I saw that they had was really fake. The papers seemed off as well. Can show you pics and vids if interesed. STAY away and just stick with your AD.
Old 16 February 2023, 10:36 PM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenke View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for a pre-owned rolex datejust 36mm and I came across this website called collectors1946 with this 2018 RANDOM SERIAL Rolex DateJust 36mm Factory Diamond 116233 18K Gold Watch in MINT condition for only $7,593.77 USD with no box or paper. Is it too good to be true ?. Has anyone deal with them before ?. I tried the search engine but not much came up from them. As I heard, If I buy a stolen rolex and send it into RSC in the future they migh confiscate it.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=824931&page=5

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=865611
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 12:31 AM   #10
Ruhiger
"TRF" Member

I drove several hours to visit their store, if you could call it that. Location was Sunrise Highway I believe.
Everything is locked up in the back, no displays with watches at all. The front customer area was as if sitting in a low rent district pawn shop out of a '70's movie. I asked to see a few of the 16610's they listed; the examples were simply awful. Poorly polished and would not show the kit or papers unless I was ready to purchase with cash on the spot. Salesperson acted the entire time as if he didn't want to be bothered with any questions regarding details of the watches or bracelet codes.
In fact, a coronet on one of the clasps looked like a fossil imprint, I asked if this was the best example and was told that this was to be expected for this model year (2004).
Perhaps they have some good items in stock now?? I would just say buyer beware! I left without making a purchase and when scanning for watches on the various platforms always avoid their listings. My personal experience and YMMV
Ruhiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 01:11 AM   #11
yorkzilla
"TRF" Member

I have purchased via bank wire transfer from their Massapequa Park and Huntington stores without issue. Also made trades. Of course, I perform my due diligence every time.
Old 17 February 2023, 01:55 AM   #12
rohada
"TRF" Member

I had one transaction with their Massapequa Park location and it was fine.
Old 17 February 2023, 01:59 AM   #13
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
I recently bought a YG YM from them, with box and papers. Condition was as described except missing a link. I texted them and they sent me a link a few days later. No issues with the sale at all and was very happy. I guess of course the movement could be fake, Lol, but everything appears to check out. They do have some of the best prices and selection of any online dealer.
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 02:18 AM   #14
Kino888
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36
I’ve done some business with them. My impression was that try to move inventory as fast as possible, so keep their prices low to increase turnover. I’ve been to their store, two stores actually, in person. Not the prettiest or luxurious of places, but you are getting a good deal on a watch that is fine, so who cares. Also, one of the sales agents was terrible, but again — this is not the world of the AD. In sum, if you approach with caution, you should be fine buying there.
Kino888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 04:06 AM   #15
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Sold a watch to them once. Transaction was fine over all. They never I identified themselves as this dealer but I figured it out from the shipping address. Buyer was a bit pushy wanting to control the conversation, but I get it I suppose that’s their job essentially.

Not their fault, but that was a damn good watch. I miss that watch.
Old 17 February 2023, 06:34 AM   #16
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Collectors1946 and Rolex

I would not trust Collectors 1946. They came in possession of a watch reported as stolen from USPS mail. They asked for proof of the mailing theft and when provided with the evidence they decided to send it back to who sold it to them to get their money back rather than doing the right thing. Watch was reported as stolen to RSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 07:32 AM   #17
DeepSeaDan
"TRF" Member

I live close to their Massapequa park location. Have had only good interaction with them and have made a few purchases. Their showroom's are not the greatest but they have a large inventory and if you keep an eye can find nice examples. Granted I only go in person and inspect everything.
DeepSeaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 08:06 AM   #18
dafuture
"TRF" Member

I wasn't thrilled with them when I visited there. They tried to sell a family friend a ladies DJ with what they claimed was a "factory diamond bezel". I knew it wasn't, so under a bit of cross-examination the gent admitted it was aftermarket and not Rolex-spec.

I don't really trust someone who tries to knowingly pass off a non-OEM watch as OEM.
Old 17 February 2023, 08:34 AM   #19
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuture View Post
I wasn't thrilled with them when I visited there. They tried to sell a family friend a ladies DJ with what they claimed was a "factory diamond bezel". I knew it wasn't, so under a bit of cross-examination the gent admitted it was aftermarket and not Rolex-spec.

I don't really trust someone who tries to knowingly pass off a non-OEM watch as OEM.

Damn. That's insane considering one is valuable and the other literally detracts from value.
Old 17 February 2023, 11:39 PM   #20
Barrier25
"TRF" Member

I bought a NOS 16570 from their Lynbrook location, at a very reasonable price. I traded in another watch and was offered a fair price. Overall, it was a good experience with no issues. Watch is 100% legit. Anytime you’re buying from a non-AD, due diligence is needed. Definitely not a your typical AD experience as they actually have watches for sale!! Obviously intentionally misrepresenting an item is not okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barrier25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 11:53 PM   #21
Slaybo
"TRF" Member

I've had one conversation by phone with the Massapequa location. Not good. I was interested in a watch, asked a few questions and then asked what steps they took to authenticate - running serial numbers, pulling off the case back and checking movement - there was a long pause followed by "look, you called me". It was a $12k potential purchase for one of the most often faked items in the world and all I needed to know was that they did their due diligence.

Not who I want standing behind my purchase.
Slaybo is offline   Reply With Quote