The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 April 2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
A long shot but...

Hi all,

I know this is long shot but I've been on the waiting list for the BLRO (Pepsi) for the past two years with my AD. I have purchase history with them having bought an IWC and a BLNR (on the oyster bracelet). They have happily taken my details and I know I'm after a very sought after watch, but there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm in the UK and the AD I'm registered with is the local Maplin and Webb. As they are part of the same group as Goldsmiths, and WOS, I can't go on any more lists.

I'm wondering if there are any independent ADs that I might have more luck with? I appreciate that you have to have purchase history so it's unlikely that I'll have much luck but if you don't ask you don't know!

I'll be honest, my preference would be the BLRO but I'd also move on the two tone CHNR if it came up. My only lack of compromise is that I won't go to the grey market and pay the inflated prices. I love my watches and enjoy them but I can't justify spending nearly double the price on these...however much I like them.

Anyway if anyone can recommend a good UK independent AD that would be willing to take my details to go into a waiting list, that would be great.

Many thanks everyone :)
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:53 PM   #2
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Where about in the UK are you? One of my (three AD's) may be willing to help... they're a family run AD however, will only take your name if you live locally (Johnson the Jewellers, Nuneaton)

This is the email I had from him the other day though...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:57 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
Where about in the UK are you? One of my (three AD's) may be willing to help... they're a family run AD however, will only take your name if you live locally (Johnson the Jewellers, Nuneaton)

I’m curious about your cheeky quip
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:59 PM   #4
Abmatt2002
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300
You’ll have the same issue at independent AD’s. No history and people on the list in front of you. And a longer wait. I think WoS group get most of the U.K. stock.

My brother has been waiting for a JC DSSD for 3 years now with maplin and Webb. I have not personally dealt with them, but from my brothers word don’t rate them. You see to have to spend big to get anywhere.

Apparently the WoS group list is nation wide, not just at the AD you registered with, so I’ve been told.
Don’t know how much truth is in that.
Abmatt2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 10:07 PM   #5
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

I live in Essex and work in London. My BLNR came from the local Goldsmiths and the local Maplin and Webb (close to work in London) followed up by offering me the same watch about 7 months later.

I was tempted to try and go on the list locally but last time they weren't willing to take my details and suggested that stayed on the list at my London AD, which I've been on since May 2018.
Old 25 April 2020, 10:18 PM   #6
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I've got a really good relationship with Mark and he knows I've been after a BLRO for some time... So I said don't mean to be cheeky but if you can't get me a BLRO in steel, I'll be happy to take one of them rubbish Rolex Chronographs? What Re they called again? Oh yeah, Daytona... He said 8 years lol.

khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 12:52 AM   #7
Rol3xe
"TRF" Member

Message me if you need some help. My AD will sell you a CHNR as your first purchase with min wait time. Then your next can be the BLRO. Still maybe a year wait
Rol3xe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 12:55 AM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
I've got a really good relationship with Mark and he knows I've been after a BLRO for some time... So I said don't mean to be cheeky but if you can't get me a BLRO in steel, I'll be happy to take one of them rubbish Rolex Chronographs? What Re they called again? Oh yeah, Daytona... He said 8 years lol.

brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 01:39 AM   #9
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I looked it up. It means to be disrespectful to someone you should respect but in a somewhat nice way. Curious how it fits in here also.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 01:41 AM   #10
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:

Thanks. Hope you get the watch soon.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 07:11 AM   #11
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol3xe View Post
Message me if you need some help. My AD will sell you a CHNR as your first purchase with min wait time. Then your next can be the BLRO. Still maybe a year wait
Many thanks, I’ve sent you a message!
Old 26 April 2020, 07:42 AM   #12
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Best of luck...the BLRO is pure greatness and worth the wait. Or you could just pick one up from a trusted seller and be happy tomorrow.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 07:56 AM   #13
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
Best of luck...the BLRO is pure greatness and worth the wait. Or you could just pick one up from a trusted seller and be happy tomorrow.
For twice the price!
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 07:58 AM   #14
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
A long shot but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
For twice the price!

They are going for 15-16k now a days... not cheap by any means but not twice the price like they once were.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 12:04 PM   #15
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
A long shot but...

Quote:

Ehhh wouldn’t buy into his response all that much. What is mark suppose to say? “Demand has dramatically decreased because people are losing their jobs and we’re heading into a global recession”..? Noooooo, he’s going to continue to perpetuate the low supply high demand myth to sell more datejusts, OPs, and PMs.

Just check how many of these low supply models are for sale? It’s eye opening. Just wait for the price to continue its drop, won’t take but another few months. A lot of hopeful sellers that haven’t realized the reality
Of the demand situation yet, it’s gone...

Best of luck
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 12:10 PM   #16
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Maybe you need to buy a few more watches. I bought 4 Rolex and Tudor watches before I got the call for my Pepsi.
Old 26 April 2020, 01:39 PM   #17
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Ehhh wouldn’t buy into his response all that much. What is mark suppose to say? “Demand has dramatically decreased because people are losing their jobs and we’re heading into a global recession”..? Noooooo, he’s going to continue to perpetuate the low supply high demand myth to sell more datejusts, OPs, and PMs.

Just check how many of these low supply models are for sale? It’s eye opening. Just wait for the price to continue its drop, won’t take but another few months. A lot of hopeful sellers that haven’t realized the reality
Of the demand situation yet, it’s gone...

Best of luck
I don't think this is the case in most parts of the world. Europe, Asia, Oceania... Demand for watches from the ADs is still high. And supply has stopped shipping from Rolex. I doubt ADs will be flooded with Subs and Hulks any time soon.

There's also limited stock on the grey market so while prices are falling and will continue to do so, buyers will snap up what's left of the hot models as they approach MSRP. That's still not a "deal" to me - MSRP would be a deal!
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 04:43 PM   #18
Ihatecheese
Banned

All the UK stockists will be jammed for those models. They are so popular at least in London. I see get more batgirls or Pepsi's in the local park then subs these days. It's like a uniform to many.

Jewellers don't make £ in those shops either. So you have the reality of these going to people/resellers willing to bung..

I'm sure most shops have high standards of integrity but it doesn't take many.
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 05:30 PM   #19
gramo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbuer View Post
Hi all,

I know this is long shot but I've been on the waiting list for the BLRO (Pepsi) for the past two years with my AD. I have purchase history with them having bought an IWC and a BLNR (on the oyster bracelet). They have happily taken my details and I know I'm after a very sought after watch, but there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm in the UK and the AD I'm registered with is the local Maplin and Webb. As they are part of the same group as Goldsmiths, and WOS, I can't go on any more lists.

I'm wondering if there are any independent ADs that I might have more luck with? I appreciate that you have to have purchase history so it's unlikely that I'll have much luck but if you don't ask you don't know!

I'll be honest, my preference would be the BLRO but I'd also move on the two tone CHNR if it came up. My only lack of compromise is that I won't go to the grey market and pay the inflated prices. I love my watches and enjoy them but I can't justify spending nearly double the price on these...however much I like them.

Anyway if anyone can recommend a good UK independent AD that would be willing to take my details to go into a waiting list, that would be great.

Many thanks everyone :)
Hi Chrisbuar

My advise would be to wait, there will be further drops in prices, especially once the UK Government stops the financial support that is in place, Watchfinder are paying in the last few days for a 2020 BLRO £9500- less for older watches, once Watchfinder begin paying list price of £7,750- or lower you will see more watches for sale at sensible prices. I hope this helps.
gramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 05:51 PM   #20
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmgeller View Post
Maybe you need to buy a few more watches. I bought 4 Rolex and Tudor watches before I got the call for my Pepsi.
Loll buy more watches to get a watch, you’ll probably end up paying more then grey if you did that. Also don’t buy a CHNR to get one. There is one on chrono UK for £12.5k. Buy that one you won’t have to buy 8 more watches first and still beg.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 01:08 AM   #21
somthingnew
"TRF" Member

Are you sure you don’t want to go grey? You have already waited 2 years. If you haven’t been given allocation from the AD on their current “hidden” stock, then you will need to wait until Rolex starts again plus when your name comes up. So that might be another year. Yes a grey is more but for me, time is money. This is 3 years you could have had the watch on your wrist. If you really want the watch, then just pay the premium. In a few years, you will forget the additional cost but have years of memories with it on your wrist.
somthingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 02:36 AM   #22
ferrissteve11
"TRF" Member

Just buy gray and be done with it. 2 years wait with no firm date in site. Given the current situation and today's market - just pay the premium and get what you want. I really never understood those that have an 'anti gray' market sentiment.
As has been mentioned the premium paid is soon forgotten after its on the wrist.
ferrissteve11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 02:51 AM   #23
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Loll buy more watches to get a watch, you’ll probably end up paying more then grey if you did that. Also don’t buy a CHNR to get one. There is one on chrono UK for £12.5k. Buy that one you won’t have to buy 8 more watches first and still beg.
Why pay this much premium for a watch that is around GBP 7,600 MSRP. Better buy a CHNR with a chance of getting a BLRO, and even if he doesn't get it he will still have his CHNR which is worth the price he is paying MSRP. (IWC, Root Beer, Batman) even without a Pepsi is a great collection. If he gets the Pepsi even after a long wait he would have two beautiful watches at MSRP with his name on the card from an AD, and great buying history, and relationship.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 07:03 AM   #24
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the responses everyone. After speaking with someone very helpful on the forum, I have made contact with a new AD who has said they can get me a CHNR. I’ve been looking online at a lot of reviews, watching videos on YouTube and the more I see of it, the more I actually like the CHNR over the BLRO. For me, the CHNR has a different look and feel, especially being two tone.

I’ve been told the maximum wait will be about 8 months, but it could be as short as three. We’ll see. I’m actually not in any immediate hurry right at this minute, but it’s nice to know there is light at the end of the tunnel!

It’s funny how things work out. I was set on the BLRO and hadn’t really thought about a CHNR, but now I find myself actually yearning after the CHNR more because it’s different to anything else that I have. Plus I think the rose gold is a little more understated than yellow gold which, if I’m honest, I’ve never personally been a great admirer of :)
Old 12 May 2020, 07:40 AM   #25
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Cheeky hell, 8 years for a Daytona? That cant be real, right?
Old 12 May 2020, 08:04 AM   #26
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the responses everyone. After speaking with someone very helpful on the forum, I have made contact with a new AD who has said they can get me a CHNR. I’ve been looking online at a lot of reviews, watching videos on YouTube and the more I see of it, the more I actually like the CHNR over the BLRO. For me, the CHNR has a different look and feel, especially being two tone.

I’ve been told the maximum wait will be about 8 months, but it could be as short as three. We’ll see. I’m actually not in any immediate hurry right at this minute, but it’s nice to know there is light at the end of the tunnel!

It’s funny how things work out. I was set on the BLRO and hadn’t really thought about a CHNR, but now I find myself actually yearning after the CHNR more because it’s different to anything else that I have. Plus I think the rose gold is a little more understated than yellow gold which, if I’m honest, I’ve never personally been a great admirer of :)
You're now trying to talk yourself into liking the CHNR more. You and I know this isn't true. You clearly want the BLRO more. Reread your first post and see how quickly your tune changed when you were able to get on a wait list for a two tone.

When the AD tells you he as "your" CHNR in, you'll likely then comes to grips with the fact it wasn't the watch you really wanted.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 08:27 AM   #27
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:

Great choice, it’s a stunning watch. I suspect your AD will be able to get it a lot sooner than 3 months.
Old 12 May 2020, 08:35 AM   #28
gold&black
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The CHNR is hands down the best lookinng watch in the whole GMT line imo. Absolutely stunning!
gold&black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 11:59 AM   #29
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The chnr is a beautiful watch. It was my first Rolex and still my favorite in my collection. But stick to your original plan and make sure they get you the BLRO afterwards. You're holding up your end of the deal by purchasing this watch, then continuously remind them that they need to hold up their end of the deal. In the end, you'll have two amazing watches
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 03:51 PM   #30
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Lol who would wait 8 years for a Daytona. What a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is online now   Reply With Quote