The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 May 2020, 10:28 AM   #1
legacy404
"TRF" Member

SubC with 16610 text?

This sub recently came into my possession, but after closely examining it, I'd noticed that this combination of dial text did not look like any of the variations of text mentioned in other threads on this and other forums, or in most classifieds I'd seen. I didn't see it on the millenarywatches article either, which discusses all the different variations of text.

In fact, the 1000ft=300m text most closely resembles that found more commonly on the 16610. As you can see, it has an even more exaggerated 'long f' but the 0's are not the commonly seen wide 0s or narrow 0s. These are more spaced out and have a 1 with a notch in it instead of the straight line 1. Also the equals is not italicized.

Everything else about it looks genuine though. Clearly has a maxi dial and hands/bezel/ready check out. The text is very precise as well so not sure if it happens to have been made with leftover equipment from the 16610.

What do you guys think, anyone seen this before? Legit or some kind of Franken watch? Out of all the classifieds I'd seen on chrono24, only 1 matches this. Seller of this watch claims it was purchased from govberg.

20200505_200554.jpg

Most commonly seen:
20200505_202447.jpg
20200505_202638.jpg
legacy404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2020, 11:53 AM   #2
Submariner 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 Sub
I believe that is the early font from when the 116610 was first introduced. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in. I think your fine. Congrats!
Submariner 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2020, 12:26 PM   #3
legacy404
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner 1 View Post
I believe that is the early font from when the 116610 was first introduced. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in. I think your fine. Congrats!
Thanks! Thats what it seems like, but I'm surprised I don't see more like this, I've looked over many, many pictures and ads and only saw one or two other instances. Wasn't able to find any documentation either, which seems strange.
legacy404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2020, 12:40 PM   #4
Submariner 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 Sub
Your welcome. I just found a thread from here on the forum in reference to this. Best to you.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=577536
Submariner 1 is offline   Reply With Quote