The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 July 2020, 08:34 AM   #1
CreinCrein
"TRF" Member

Octo finissimo ceramic - question for owners

For my full ceramic octo finissimo, I noticed that there is a significant amount of play where the endlinks meet the case. The endlinks do not sit and stay flush on the case like I expect it to. I've raised the question to my Bulgari AD and they said this is normal, and even compared it to the same model in-store, which the issue is present. They said that due to the material, the endlinks aren't supposed to have an exact fit like the steel, gold, titanium versions. Sounds like BS to me...

Is this normal? Can someone that owns this watch chime in? I've seen many photos online without this issue. I am leaning towards the AD being uninformed/incompetent, as well as having a lemon (the watch that my watch was compared to) the display case...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
CreinCrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 01:31 PM   #2
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

I have the titanium version on bracelet, and there are also slight gaps between the end links and the case, and there’s a bit of play in them. It is noticeable, but I wouldn’t call it significant. In comparison, neither my Aqua Terra nor my Pelagos have those problems. It was disappointing at first to have these quality issues on the Octo when watches costing less than half do not, but I got over it because the rest of the watch is just so cool.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 01:44 PM   #3
CreinCrein
"TRF" Member

See photos below. Definitely questionable. I have owned the titanium version and the endlink tolerances are much better. If anyone has a comparable ceramic, I'd like to hear your 2 cents.

Forgot to mention that I brought it to a Bulguri boutique. Maybe I'll have better luck at a watch AD since they'd be more familiar with the product.1595370848224.jpg20200721_183243.jpg20200721_183145.jpg20200721_183137.jpg20200721_183132.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
CreinCrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 02:42 PM   #4
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

That ceramic Octo looks mean. Love it.
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 02:44 PM   #5
Fitz The Barber
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Bro..... your watch is fine. You are being paranoid. It just the way its built. There is no issue, lemon, or lack of quality. Enjoy you ceramic.

Watch the “Week on the wrist” carbon minute repeater video and see how many gaps there are. The watch is $160k and looks just like ours. The design works. Its not meant to be flush and rigid. It needs to move a little. Especially being so wide and flat. You
Fitz The Barber is offline   Reply With Quote