The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 14 December 2020, 11:40 AM   #1
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

FSOT: 1969/1972 Zenith El Primero G381 Yellow Gold - Rare & Excellent Condition!

For sale is a Zenith El Primero G381 (18kt yellow gold) in absolutely excellent vintage condition. This is definitely one of the better ones that I have seen offered for sale and these don't come up every day.

Only around 700 examples of the reference G381 were made between 1969 and 1972.

This particular example appears to have been offered a little over 3 years ago through A Collected Man and the details and additional hi-res photos of the watch and movement can be found here:
https://www.acollectedman.com/produc...nt=41925129347

The watch was further referenced and reviewed here on a Hairspring feature:
https://hairspring.com/finds/vintage...ld-el-primero/

The watch is powered by the famous Caliber 3019 PHC, which is the movement that was used in the first automatic chronograph. Pictures of the movement can be seen on the first link above. I can possibly email them if needed.

The case and lugs are still sharp and the sub dials have aged to an ever-so-slightly dark brown. The dial is in excellent condition with beautifully aged & patina'd tritium lume. The serial number 204 XXXX is clearly visible on the case back.

There appears to be one small dark spot / patina on the upper left of the outer bezel and I am told this can be fairly easily removed/cleaned.

The watch comes on an unmarked brown leather strap with a vintage gold Zenith buckle.

Currently running well; stops/starts/resets to zero with no issues.

This is a really nice looking (not to mention, historical) watch and one that I really believe looks even more beautiful in person.

Asking price is $14,650 shipped via wire. Will consider various trade offers, but not looking for anything specific so please let me know what you have along with approximately values. Prefer sports Rolex and Omega, but will consider other brands.

Thanks for looking!

sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote