The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 February 2021, 03:22 PM   #1
kentrifle
"TRF" Member

Patek Philippe 2594/7 Vintage 1962 Original box/papers

Hi guys,
I traded into a PP 18k waffle-bezel Calatrava a couple of years ago, ref. 2594/7 in its original red presentation box and Itlin AD stamped sales papers fro 1962. S/N is in the 2623xxx range. Engine is a 23-300 and she runs like a champ.
I have fished it around to a couple of fellow enthusiasts; but however much they like the look of the watch and its originality, its smaller diameter seems to put them off.
Any thoughts 1. on how to value it properly, and 2. where to find PP vintage collectors who would appreciate having such a 60-ish year old piece in a vintage grouping?
Thanks for your thoughts!
kentrifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 03:24 PM   #2
kentrifle
"TRF" Member

That was Italian AD...from 1962.
kentrifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 07:53 PM   #3
ts3
"TRF" Member

Check on Chrono24 for asking prices and auction results such as on collectorsquare. Numbers may be all over the place as there is not much of a liquid market. You can bookmark those on Chrono24 and monitor how long it takes for them to sell. You could list your watch there but it might take years or not sell at all. You could also call some preowned dealers and/or auction houses to see if any is interested. Lastly, you could visit some watch fairs but I have no experience selling there. The watch is small nominally but looks a lot smaller still as a result of the wide bezel and tiny crystal. Good luck!
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote