The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 10 March 2021, 03:07 AM   #1
Jacek
2024 Pledge Member

FS: 1963 Rolex PCG GMT-Master 1675 Gilt Underline Dial

FS: 1963 Rolex PCG GMT-Master 1675 Gilt Underline Dial

Serial #: 876XXX

Description: Case: The thick pointed crown guard case is excellent and features wide prominent bevels. The case shows light wear from use. The bezel insert shows very light wear from use. The blue portion of the bezel has faded to a satin teal blue hue and the red portion has faded to a silvery pink hue. Dial: The glossy black gilt underline dial is excellent and shows light wear for its age. The top layer of enamel shows a very even and consistent orange peel patina which is not uncommon for watches from this era. The lume has aged to a light golden hue and the hands match perfectly. All lume glows brightly when exposed to UV and falls off rapidly at the same rate. Bracelet: The 11 link Swiss rivet bracelet is excellent and shows very light stretch for its age. The clasp is stamped with a matching 1963 date code. Accessories: Box and papers as well as photos, stories, from the original owner. Notes: "Have guns will travel" reads the calling card used by Bruce and the other members of his unit to "Meet attractive ladies" during their stints of R&R. While Bruce has crewed on multiple aircraft throughout his career the most notable is undoubtedly the AC-130 gunship aptly nicknamed "The Angel of Death" due to its massive and overwhelming firepower. In a handwritten note included in the sale, Bruce describes coming under heavy anti-aircraft fire during a mission over Laos in the 1970s. The crew survived the attack through the pilot's evasive maneuvers, and although the bezel was knocked off during the action, the watch survived as well.

Offered at: $59,850

Feel free to text me at (415) 260-9129 or email me at
sales@tropicalwatch.com with any questions that you may have.
References upon request.  

Follow me on instagram: @watchand

Full refund minus shipping costs if not happy after 3 day inspection period.
Thanks,

Jacek

Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote