The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 13 July 2021, 04:05 AM   #1
TheAmeritrader
"TRF" Member

5711 Nautilus Green Availability

Just how impossible is it to obtain a green nautilus at retail? Would there be a chance of finding one if you traveled? If anyone here has it, how did you get it?
TheAmeritrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 04:13 AM   #2
Kittayos
"TRF" Member

You will still have a hard time even with a $500k bundle considering the grey market price is x9. The only other way is being a long time customer with great purchase record from a boutique.
Kittayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 04:36 AM   #3
RolLee
"TRF" Member

Watch: (n) thing for time
Not impossible, you can do it! I just don't know how. LOL
RolLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 04:36 AM   #4
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Zero chance for 5711 in any color presently without prior relationship. Even a trip to the moon won’t help, more likely to find Buzz’s speedmaster than 5711 on any planet.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 05:03 AM   #5
scurfa
"TRF" Member

Extensive collection including one grand complication but you’ve now missed the boat!
Old 13 July 2021, 05:11 AM   #6
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Impossible. Update us if you really can get one. A VVVVIP who has spent ten millions $ before can only get one.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 05:36 AM   #7
HMHM
"TRF" Member

OP has gotta be trolling right?
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:01 AM   #8
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

This made me laugh- thanks OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:17 AM   #9
WatchtraderNY
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
This made me laugh- thanks OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
WatchtraderNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:21 AM   #10
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Slow day at the office?
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:22 AM   #11
WatchingAustin
"TRF" Member

Watch: iwatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
OP has gotta be trolling right?
No way, didn't you see his name? He just hit his first 100K on AMC and is ready to get a Nautilus!
WatchingAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:33 AM   #12
TheAmeritrader
"TRF" Member

But why does Patek even announce this green model publicly if they can just have it as a VIP watch like the blue sapphire bezel nautilus?
TheAmeritrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 08:15 AM   #13
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmeritrader View Post
But why does Patek even announce this green model publicly if they can just have it as a VIP watch like the blue sapphire bezel nautilus?
marketing, prestige etc. if they would only announce stuff that's available then barely any watches would be announced at all.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 08:27 AM   #14
jerryguo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, Lange
just looked up chron24 and it's trading 10x MSRP? over 100k more than the 5980 1R? this is absolutely mind blowing.
jerryguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 09:51 AM   #15
sxdcfv
Banned

I try not to comment on availability and gray market pricing but I really think this ‘game’ is tarnishing PP reputation to some degree. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sxdcfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:14 AM   #16
WatchLover1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdcfv View Post
I try not to comment on availability and gray market pricing but I really think this ‘game’ is tarnishing PP reputation to some degree. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PP don't really care what is happening to the gray market.. I think they are putting up a strong front to say "Hey, you got that hot reference.. But if you sell it, that's it and over for you..". In actual fact, if I am the boss of PP and I look at that gray market pricing of 5711 in any dial colour, I will be happy because it shows my marketing has done well and there is a hype around it.. Let's face it, Nautilus is never go away..

In the near future, this situation will only go north instead of south.. Once the situation is saturated, all prices in C24 will go down and if you had flipped the hot references years ago when the time you bought it, I can almost guarantee you that PP will still sell you the sports model which is no longer considered a hype anymore. This is business strategy at the end of the day, no collection anymore.. Those mentioned about collecting are all BS.. Look at C24 and Carousell, it's all filled with gray dealers having such pieces to sell at a much inflated price.. The ADs want the inventory to move - who cares about you have a great collection? It's all about $$$$
WatchLover1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:16 AM   #17
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLover1234 View Post
PP don't really care what is happening to the gray market.. I think they are putting up a strong front to say "Hey, you got that hot reference.. But if you sell it, that's it and over for you..". In actual fact, if I am the boss of PP and I look at that gray market pricing of 5711 in any dial colour, I will be happy because it shows my marketing has done well and there is a hype around it.. Let's face it, Nautilus is never go away..

In the near future, this situation will only go north instead of south.. Once the situation is saturated, all prices in C24 will go down and if you had flipped the hot references years ago when the time you bought it, I can almost guarantee you that PP will still sell you the sports model which is no longer considered a hype anymore. This is business strategy at the end of the day, no collection anymore.. Those mentioned about collecting are all BS.. Look at C24 and Carousell, it's all filled with gray dealers having such pieces to sell at a much inflated price.. The ADs want the inventory to move - who cares about you have a great collection? It's all about $$$$
but I still believe in the easter bunny and think mr stern truly cares, all kidding aside I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I do think they care but also what can they do? they want to sell watches and the hype helps them.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 11:49 AM   #18
WatchLover1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
but I still believe in the easter bunny and think mr stern truly cares, all kidding aside I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I do think they care but also what can they do? they want to sell watches and the hype helps them.
Agree to a certain extent that PP cannot do much at all because they are never in the control.. they can't, won't and not willing to do anything.. look at the auction of the 5711 green fully sealed piece.. the birth cert of the watch is being shown. If PP cares, I believe he has a certain authority that he can execute to just order the shutdown and revoking the license as a PP AD.

But what happens now? No news on what's coming to the AD.. Somemore, he knew about it and said that there's nothing he can do and it is very difficult to control this situation. That gives some sort of assurance to scalpers out there that as long as you can spend in the AD lavishly and appear to be a scalper discreetly, you should be able to get away with it. It's a double-edge sword and they just leave this as that which I can anticipate but yet disappointed.

Nevertheless, I must give credit to TS that he has a long foresight and discon the 5711 line which I agree with him completely as it is going to be a trouble next time if this issue is not dealt with carefully.
Old 13 July 2021, 12:45 PM   #19
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

It's all one big joke.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 12:46 PM   #20
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
The unfortunate part is they're lining the pockets of flippers.

That's the part that kills me.
Old 13 July 2021, 01:20 PM   #21
WatchLover1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
The unfortunate part is they're lining the pockets of flippers.

That's the part that kills me.
haha.. being a flipper is nothing wrong.. all of us are considered as flipper in one way or another.. it is because of scalpers that land us in such a situation today.
Old 13 July 2021, 01:27 PM   #22
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLover1234 View Post
haha.. being a flipper is nothing wrong.. all of us are considered as flipper in one way or another.. it is because of scalpers that land us in such a situation today.
My definition of flipper probably matches your definition of scalper.

A person who flips something is someone who buys it and then flips it "right away." (Next day, week, month.)

Here we use the term "flipper" too liberally... we use it to mean someone who wears a watch for a year, then trades it in for something else.

That's not flipping to me.

I suppose I should use the word "scalping" instead.
Old 13 July 2021, 03:23 PM   #23
Becweb
Banned

I think it's a bit hard to get from an AD. But if you have a million to spare, very easy to find on the grey market.
What's nice about these people selling back hard to get watches, it automatically means they are blacklisted by Patek, which helps non-VIP people get allocations faster. Oh wait..
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 09:54 PM   #24
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Mr stern has come out and said he couldn't even get his son a green 5711 its insane
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 09:54 PM   #25
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becweb View Post
I think it's a bit hard to get from an AD. But if you have a million to spare, very easy to find on the grey market.
What's nice about these people selling back hard to get watches, it automatically means they are blacklisted by Patek, which helps non-VIP people get allocations faster. Oh wait..
Personally I don't think this happens I think we would all like to believe this happens but it don't
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:03 PM   #26
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Mr stern has come out and said he couldn't even get his son a green 5711 its insane
And you believe that? ”Couldn’t even”? Thierry Stern could give his son a 5711 made of watch collector teeth if he wanted to. He doesn’t wan’t to, doesn’t mean he can’t.
IBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:19 PM   #27
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
OP you might want to start a gofundme with a goal of half a million.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:21 PM   #28
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBDOC View Post
And you believe that? ”Couldn’t even”? Thierry Stern could give his son a 5711 made of watch collector teeth if he wanted to. He doesn’t wan’t to, doesn’t mean he can’t.
master marketing indeed. oh still not defined by the nautilus eh? just using the allure to sell the other watches i see.

cant wait to see the new nautilus. probably identical.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:25 PM   #29
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I imagine he considers he can't for reasons beyond the obvious.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:30 PM   #30
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agreed.

It's not that he cannot secure one for his son who asked him for one, it's that he does not want to give preferential treatment to his son for a reference that is in low production (one single year). By doing so, he is ensuring that one more collector can get one, rather than keeping it in his family.