The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 August 2021, 05:57 AM   #1
7sins
"TRF" Member

Stores in Athens Greece?

Here in Greece for the next three weeks, first in Athens followed by Syros, Mkyonos and Santorini. Any recs for good watch shops here in Athens? Looks like there is a Rolex AD in Athens that I was going to visit to adjust my link on the Daytona.

Thank you in advance for your time and help! B
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 06:12 AM   #2
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I was in Athens last year, the main boutique is just off the square with the large fountain near the palace. They didn’t have much last August. I was also in both boutiques in Mykonos and Santorini, both are in the old quarters and quite small. Oddly enough, the most Rolex I saw were on the island of Kos, where I saw the smurf and two white gold Daytona. Enjoy your trip.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 06:28 AM   #3
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Other than the main Rolex boutique there is also a Rolex AD in the Hilton hotel lobby

They won’t have anything of interest though I’m sure, as usual
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 07:04 AM   #4
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Here in Greece for the next three weeks, first in Athens followed by Syros, Mkyonos and Santorini. Any recs for good watch shops here in Athens? Looks like there is a Rolex AD in Athens that I was going to visit to adjust my link on the Daytona.

Thank you in advance for your time and help! B
Rolex runs 2 main boutiques:

One on 5 Valaoritou Str. and another on 1 Kolokotroni Str.
Rolex RSC is on 3 Stadiou Str.

You can have your link adjusted at any of these places free of charge. All 3 of them are within short walking distance

Your sure bet for great watch stores is Valaoritou Str. and Voukourestiou. Rolex, AP, IWC Ω etc, everything is there. There are also some very decent grey dealers with a variety of offerings.

Have fun!
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 10:52 AM   #5
jbuon77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I was in Greece last week. The folks at the boutique in Athens are super nice. Expect a line outside before they open in the morning.

The AD’s in Santorini should have some models on display you may not have seen on display in the US. Sea dweller, two tone Daytona and two tone Sub. But they don’t do the VAT refund. Good luck.
jbuon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 03:15 PM   #6
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
This is interesting as my Sister has lived there 30 yrs . She said they have lots of the coloured ones for girls ? I assume she means Oyster Perpetuals .

I understand they are having a mini heatwave at the moment , She said when it cools down she will go into town and get some pics , I will then share them on here

fwiw have you seen the pics from Yesterday posted up from Monaco and Nice it’s like five years ago in the U.K. maybe Rolex isn’t for the Monaco resident not expensive enough 🤣🤣🤣
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 05:29 PM   #7
mattidk
"TRF" Member

I was in Athens last weekend - NO mens size Rolex at all on the Rolex own boutique - even people in queue to get in. If you lucky to get in the day where new inventories come in, there might have some DJ in bigger size. Another 2 Rolex ADs i passed by i saw the new TT EX I (not for sale of course). Otherwise you might have better luck on the island ADs - Mykonos has only one or two small ADs, i also was in Kos they have full gold Sub and TT YM II.
mattidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 08:46 PM   #8
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Take care of your link business in Athens and just enjoy the beautiful islands you are visiting. Too much fun and enjoyment to be had to waste time at empty boutiques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 10:41 PM   #9
Ouzo12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
Take care of your link business in Athens and just enjoy the beautiful islands you are visiting. Too much fun and enjoyment to be had to waste time at empty boutiques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What this guy said! While a little rough around the edges, Athens has this ability to surprise you. Enjoy it.
Ouzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote