The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 September 2021, 08:11 AM   #1
11b1p
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yacht-Master
Tourneau in King of Prussia

Well, first off the remodel of the old store is still under way but they remain in the same section of the mall right near Omega, Breitling and Tag. As others have said they have more than a few new models in the display case and I was able to actually compare an OP 41 and 36 side by side.

No less than four customers were told these were not for sale, one acted indignant but still hung around. I think he really thought he was going to buy multiple watches and that this was his lucky day.

Interestingly, there seemed to be a significant increase in the amount of Rolex in the preowned section. I counted 10 various explorer I and II’s another 6 or so Submariner’s of varying age, an older Coke GMT and a bunch of unpopular ladies models and sizes. About 30-40 in all.

The staff seemed engaged since they could now at least have you try on the model you won’t be able to buy. They dutifully looked over the interest card I gave them and said they would give me a call if a the OP I wanted becomes available. I won’t hold my breath, but at least I was able to try on a bunch of models and rule some out.
11b1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 08:51 AM   #2
swexlin
"TRF" Member

I'm in West Chester. Haven't been to KOP Mall since pre-pandemic. Will have to make a trip up soon and check 'em out. But I'm staying loyal to my current AD.
swexlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 08:53 AM   #3
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Good report. Thanks for sharing.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 10:27 AM   #4
JAEP
"TRF" Member

I’ve never been there but am interested in visiting the place as well as the other watch stores. Thanks for the heads up.
JAEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 10:53 AM   #5
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAEP View Post
I’ve never been there but am interested in visiting the place as well as the other watch stores. Thanks for the heads up.
Haven't been there in a while. It's the biggest mall on the East coast. Take the trip, pretty sure you'll enjoy it.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 11:05 AM   #6
novae500
"TRF" Member

Was there after July 4th weekend. Only had a couple ladies datejust. Luckily I have a local AD that I am able to get a couple that were on my list. Rootbeer and Skydweller. Looking to get the new Pepsi BLRO as my next acquisition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

326933 SkyDweller, 126711 GMT II CHNR
12600 DeepSea Seadweller
14060 No Date Submariner
16710 GMT II Pepsi N-Series, Coke F Series
novae500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 11:11 AM   #7
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Tourneau’s pre owned prices have never been good but there has been a 20% (20%!!!) mark up on some pieces since the merger with bucherer. 20%!! On top of what was already high pricing for naked watches. They stopped negotiating on most pre owned Rolex, but I wonder if the price increase will allow for them to negotiate down so people feel they’re getting a deal or if it’s a true increase with no wiggle room. 20% in a few weeks!!

Last edited by sportsfan0704; 9 September 2021 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Add more
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 05:09 PM   #8
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Tourneau in King of Prussia

My old stomping grounds. I’m from Delco. I always hated to go shopping, but KOP Mall was always a fun day trip for us. Always loved visiting Tourneau too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 10:06 PM   #9
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
So, I'd have to differ OP????

I was there maybe 10 days ago, and my report would be terrible! One or two Lady references in the new section with an assortment of over polished, well used, way overpriced, pieces.

Two salesman clamoring to make a sale, anything they could possibly show you
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 10:21 PM   #10
11b1p
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yacht-Master
Well my report is as of Tuesday, but anything is possible.
11b1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 12:01 AM   #11
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11b1p View Post
Well, first off the remodel of the old store is still under way but they remain in the same section of the mall right near Omega, Breitling and Tag. As others have said they have more than a few new models in the display case and I was able to actually compare an OP 41 and 36 side by side.

No less than four customers were told these were not for sale, one acted indignant but still hung around. I think he really thought he was going to buy multiple watches and that this was his lucky day.

Interestingly, there seemed to be a significant increase in the amount of Rolex in the preowned section. I counted 10 various explorer I and II’s another 6 or so Submariner’s of varying age, an older Coke GMT and a bunch of unpopular ladies models and sizes. About 30-40 in all.

The staff seemed engaged since they could now at least have you try on the model you won’t be able to buy. They dutifully looked over the interest card I gave them and said they would give me a call if a the OP I wanted becomes available. I won’t hold my breath, but at least I was able to try on a bunch of models and rule some out.
Thanks for the update! I'm looking to see some models and compare them in person. Hopefully, I can nail down a selection, and then try to obtain.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:57 AM   #12
mulberry083
"TRF" Member

Most of the new Rolexes they have in the display case are the dummies, and this is a recent add. They weren’t there two weeks ago, but were when we stopped in Sunday. Thought the staff was very professional and patient, very willing to engage in conversation. They did make a comment that they hope the opening of the new store might influence a larger allocation from Rolex as part of the opening.
mulberry083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 01:58 AM   #13
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberry083 View Post
Most of the new Rolexes they have in the display case are the dummies, and this is a recent add. They weren’t there two weeks ago, but were when we stopped in Sunday. Thought the staff was very professional and patient, very willing to engage in conversation. They did make a comment that they hope the opening of the new store might influence a larger allocation from Rolex as part of the opening.
Any board member been the Tourneau at KOP Mall the last few days?
Also, how was the pre-owned section?
Old 30 September 2021, 02:10 AM   #14
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Any board member been the Tourneau at KOP Mall the last few days?
Also, how was the pre-owned section?
Pre owned is always good selection but the worst prices, especially with their 20% price increase they just implemented after the merger. If you’re looking for a specific watch pre owned, check their website and if you don’t see it you can call their customer service, give them the model number and they will tell you what stores have that model.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 01:40 AM   #15
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Any forum member been to Tourneau at KOP the last few days. I think their new store should be open, but was wondering if their displays have the exhibition watches to see and try on?
Old 18 October 2021, 03:57 AM   #16
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Any forum member been to Tourneau at KOP the last few days. I think their new store should be open, but was wondering if their displays have the exhibition watches to see and try on?
I was there one week ago for their VIP pre-store opening and the store opened on Monday to the general public. Lots of new Rolex watches being sold when I was there (I did not buy one) and lots of exhibition watches on display. The new space is truly impressive. The Rolex room alone is the size of their old store. Best of luck
arcampado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 04:47 AM   #17
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
I was there one week ago for their VIP pre-store opening and the store opened on Monday to the general public. Lots of new Rolex watches being sold when I was there (I did not buy one) and lots of exhibition watches on display. The new space is truly impressive. The Rolex room alone is the size of their old store. Best of luck
Thanks for the info!! I’ll have to check it out.