The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 30 October 2021, 10:31 AM   #1
Poruchik
"TRF" Member

Watch: Portuguese
FS: Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars Equation of Time 18K Rose Gold

Up for sale is an Audemars Piguet, Jules Audemars Equation of Time watch in 18K Rose Gold with a suggested retail price of $79,900.00

• The equation of time
• Sunrise and sunset times
• The astronomical moon
• The perpetual calendar
• Customized model (Moscow)

Brand: Audemars Piguet
Model: Jules Audemars
Reference number: 26003OR.OO.D088CR.01013
Year of manufacture: Circa 2014
Movement: Automatic
Case material: Rose gold
Bracelet material: Crocodile skin
Condition: Unworn (Mint condition, without signs of wear)
Scope of delivery: Original box, manuals, warranty, and everything that you see in the pictures.

PRICE : $35,200 obo (Bank Wire Only)

The watch originally came with Hong Kong as the geographical location on the flange ring. I had it changed to Moscow at the authorized AP boutique in NYC, I will provide all the documents and correspondence with AP in NYC. The change was done in Switzerland and took several months. If necessary, an authorized AP service center can change the bezel to a different location.

Shipping is included with insurance and tracking and signature confirmation anywhere in the continental USA. Item will only be shipped to verified addresses, via UPS or FedEx, no P.O. boxes.

I am not a professional dealer or seller, I don't have hundreds of posts on this forum, but I've been a member for a long time and bought a watch here last year. This is my personal watch that I bought thinking that I would wear it, but never got the opportunity to do and now trying to sell it. I have many solid references available and I value my reputation. If you have any questions or would like to see additional pictures, please let me know. Face-to-face is welcomed in the Northern New Jersey/NYC area.

Vladimir.
(646) 932-3775

More about Jules Audemars Equation of Time 18K Rose Gold

It’s one of the most esoteric complications and yet what it does is at the heart of how we keep track of time.

If you look at a watch with the equation of time complication you’ll see something puzzling: It will look, depending on what other complications are present, more or less like an ordinary watch, but you’ll also see a hand that points to a semicircular scale that reads from “-15” to “+15.”

That’s the most customary way of showing the equation of time, which is basically the difference between the time a sundial shows and the time a clock in the same location would show.

To understand the equation of time, it’s first necessary to understand how we reckon the passage of a day. For the average person, a day is simply 24 hours, but for an astronomer a day is defined more technically. A day is, of course, one full revolution of the earth on its axis, but how do you tell? You watch the sky. Pick a heavenly body like the sun and the amount of time it takes for the fiery star to return to the same point in the sky is a day.

So far, so good. The problem is that the amount of time it takes for the sun to return to the same point in the sky changes throughout the year. Why? Two basic reasons: The tilt of the earth on its axis (which is also responsible for the seasons) and the fact that our planet’s orbit isn’t perfectly round—it’s an ellipse, which means sometimes the earth travels a bit faster, sometimes a bit slower. The full explanation involves a bit of sight-line geometry, but the result of all this is that sometimes an astronomical day is over a quarter of an hour faster, or close to a quarter of an hour slower, than a day as reckoned by a clock.

A clock tells mean time. If you take the average of how long it takes for the sun to return to the same point in the sky, over the course of a year, you’ll get our standard 24-hour day. True solar time, on the other hand, changes from day to day. Knowing the difference between the two has no practical importance today, but in earlier times tables showing the difference between mean time and true solar time were critical for setting clocks. The sundial in a gentleman’s garden, or, more rigorously, the sightings taken by an astronomer (at, say, the Royal Observatory) could be converted with the help of tables showing the equation of time—or with the aid of a clock or watch showing the equation of time for any given day—into an exact reading of the time by which a precision clock could be set.

It’s as arcane a complication as can be, but for real lovers of watch and clockmaking history, there’s nothing quite like it. The equation of time complication is not difficult to make technically—a simple cam, whose profile is read by the finger of a spring-loaded lever, controls the position of the equation indication—but it’s one of the most romantic of watchmaking complications, thanks to its history and to its encoding of the earth’s movement through the heavens.

One of the most significant watches incorporating the complication is Audemars Piguet’s Jules Audemars Equation of Time, which shows the complication and also incorporates a perpetual calendar; that is, it automatically adjusts for the correct length of each month, including February, even in a leap year. Historically it’s important in another respect: It was the first and remains one of the few watches to show the time of sunrise and sunset at a location specified by the owner, making each watch something of a custom timepiece.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Main01.jpg (188.7 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg Main02.jpg (184.9 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg Main03.jpg (178.5 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg Main04.jpg (271.9 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg Main05.jpg (171.4 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg Main06.jpg (175.1 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg Main07.jpg (161.6 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg Main08.jpg (187.2 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg Main09.jpg (173.6 KB, 403 views)
File Type: jpg Main10.jpg (157.9 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Box01.jpg (241.3 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg Box02.jpg (265.9 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg Box03.jpg (213.3 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg Box04.jpg (232.5 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Box05.jpg (163.3 KB, 394 views)
Poruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 12:50 AM   #2
Poruchik
"TRF" Member

Bump
Poruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2021, 03:08 AM   #3
Poruchik
"TRF" Member

Bump