The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 18 December 2021, 02:00 AM   #1
Chrono82
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Date
Anyone used rolexwatchtrader before?

Hey guys,

I have been speaking with a guy called Sil from rolexwatchtrader,co,uk who has offered to buy my 116610LN. He has loads of good reviews from Trustpilot but wanted to see if any of you experienced chaps have had any dealings?

He said he can meet me in any West end london hotel I want, and pay me via bank transfer, which he said he would need my details before hand so he can set me up on his bank to make a quick transfer on the day.

Any thoughts/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
D
Chrono82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 02:09 AM   #2
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
I don't know that specific site, but so far everything you have described matches up with a completely legit buyer/seller. Others will know a lot more.

He's already received tons of positive reviews. He offered to meet you in any hotel of your choosing (safe location).

So far it sounds good but again, other people here will know a lot more. Good luck with your sale.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 02:11 AM   #3
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I would be happier meeting him at a branch of my bank so he could make the transfer in front of me there and then. All he would have to do is stick his bank card into the bank's machine and the transfer is done. I have a 'throw away account' for things like this.

I generally don't trust other people I don't know in circumstances like this!
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 02:14 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
May want to have the mods move this to The Who’s who section.

GLWS
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 02:17 AM   #5
wjv4200
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono82 View Post
Hey guys,

I have been speaking with a guy called Sil from rolexwatchtrader,co,uk who has offered to buy my 116610LN. He has loads of good reviews from Trustpilot but wanted to see if any of you experienced chaps have had any dealings?

He said he can meet me in any West end london hotel I want, and pay me via bank transfer, which he said he would need my details before hand so he can set me up on his bank to make a quick transfer on the day.

Any thoughts/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
D
Whatever you do, do not give him your banking info!!!
If you’re the seller have him meet you inside your bank with cash in hand. He can wait in line with you, once at the teller instruct him to give cash to the teller and have them run the cash get the count and confirm bills and then and only then allow him to examine the watch and confirm he will be going thru with the purchase. At that point I would have the teller deposit the cash in my account and you can then exit the bank without x amount of cash on your person.
wjv4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 02:22 AM   #6
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv4200 View Post
If you’re the seller have him meet you inside your bank with cash in hand. He can wait in line with you, once at the teller instruct him to give cash to the teller and have them run the cash get the count and confirm bills and then and only then allow him to examine the watch and confirm he will be going thru with the purchase. At that point I would have the teller deposit the cash in my account and you can then exit the bank without x amount of cash on your person.
Good points.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 06:02 AM   #7
Chrono82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv4200 View Post
Thanks for the tips this is really appreciated. Just out of curiosity why wouldn’t you give the guy your bank details for a bank transfer?
Old 22 December 2021, 07:19 AM   #8
Chrono82
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for your advice. I decided not to sell to the guy.