The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 December 2021, 09:43 AM   #1
johnying
"TRF" Member

5712GR and 3800 combo vs alternatives

Hi all,

I've been contemplating the above two and while the key message usually is buy what you like there are a few things I am considering. The aim is to buy on the grey market for now.

1. Price. At least 60k GBP for the 5712 and around 40k GBP for the 3800.
2. Alternatives for that price e.g 5711 or 5712 steel or 5980 many other alternatives that are nice
3. Price point for alternatives I.e the combo above is discontinued so no retail price whereas there is always potential hope if AD relationship grows the ones listed in 2 are achievable via retail although slim to none. Also paying so much above retail for these is hard to swallow. Though again prices could keep increasing and 3800 is not a watch for the masses.
4. Within 3800 there is both the two tone and steel which trades at a premium. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks all

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
johnying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 10:38 AM   #2
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnying View Post
Hi all,

I've been contemplating the above two and while the key message usually is buy what you like there are a few things I am considering. The aim is to buy on the grey market for now.

1. Price. At least 60k GBP for the 5712 and around 40k GBP for the 3800.
2. Alternatives for that price e.g 5711 or 5712 steel or 5980 many other alternatives that are nice
3. Price point for alternatives I.e the combo above is discontinued so no retail price whereas there is always potential hope if AD relationship grows the ones listed in 2 are achievable via retail although slim to none. Also paying so much above retail for these is hard to swallow. Though again prices could keep increasing and 3800 is not a watch for the masses.
4. Within 3800 there is both the two tone and steel which trades at a premium. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks all

I don’t think a 5712 is available at £60k though, minimum those start at £90k, with 5711 starting around £75k.

Edit: Sorry my mistake. I thought you were looking for one in steel. The 5712GR is nice. But personally the appeal of the Nautilus and the RO is the bracelet. I didn’t like the style of the buckle of the 5712G which says ‘Nautilus’ on it.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 10:44 AM   #3
johnying
"TRF" Member

Yep agreed. Should have been clearer I'm talking about combine price I.e buy both 5712gr and 3800 or 5712 steel

johnying is offline   Reply With Quote