The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 25 February 2022, 09:39 AM   #1
SavageSeraphim
"TRF" Member

Altered warranty card

Hello, I purchased a Grand Seiko SBGA211G from Goldsmiths in Manchester on the 22/02/22 and I have just applied to join the Grand Seiko GS9 UK club. While reading through my booklet I note that it states that a warranty will not apply to altered warranty cards. While in the shop the salesperson filling my warranty card out must have made a couple of mistakes and made amendments to two of the numbers they wrote, would this invalidate my warranty? I was also a little disappointed that I was given the exact same watch that I and presumably others had been handling that day, although I did haggle for a 5% discount beforehand so maybe this is why. What do you think, could this be a problem for me in the future?
SavageSeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2022, 10:54 AM   #2
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Only way to be sure is to ask Seiko, but pretty sure you'll be ok as long as the date doesn't look like it's been altered from 22/02/17 or anything that looks intentionally sketchy like that...
If this is a new watch, pretty sure Seiko can tie the serial number to a born on/factory shaped date.
Old 25 February 2022, 11:35 AM   #3
SavageSeraphim
"TRF" Member

Hey thanks for your response, I'll email them and see what they say.
Old 25 February 2022, 12:03 PM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSeraphim View Post
I was also a little disappointed that I was given the exact same watch that I and presumably others had been handling that day, although I did haggle for a 5% discount beforehand so maybe this is why. What do you think, could this be a problem for me in the future?
Every watch I've bought from an AD, Rolex included, has been on display and handled, and it didn't bother me at all. I bought a Tudor Ranger from an AD window display in Arezzo, Tuscany once and the fact that it had been part of that beautiful town's street scenery for a few days was fine with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg italy.jpg (286.4 KB, 115 views)
Old 25 February 2022, 09:48 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
You should not have an issue as I assume you have a receipt that reflects the purchase. I returned a Seiko for service repair the other day through my AD and did not have a problem. The only thing will be how long it takes to get it back. Great watch. Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2022, 03:45 AM   #6
SavageSeraphim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
You should not have an issue as I assume you have a receipt that reflects the purchase. I returned a Seiko for service repair the other day through my AD and did not have a problem. The only thing will be how long it takes to get it back. Great watch. Congratulations.
Thank you. I received a response from Seiko today and I have received this response:

"Thank you for your email,

You are quite right your warranty is invalid as it’s been changed. We will accept a till receipt as a proof of purchase however I am sure you would prefer a warranty card. What we can do is send a replacement card to Goldsmiths for you then if you don’t mind you could go back and for the new one.
If you would like us to do this, would you please confirm which Goldsmith’s it was in Manchester you purchased it from and also provided us with your full name so we advise Goldsmiths you will be going in.

Kind Regards"

I'm happy that I noticed as who knows what could have happened in the future. Anyway all is resolved in a satisfactory manner and thank you all for your constructive input. Have a great evening. Meanwhile here she is, my very first Grand Seiko 'Snowflake'.

IMG_2824 (Forums).jpg

IMG_2829 (Forums).jpg
Old 26 February 2022, 10:08 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Glad it worked out. Great watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 07:19 AM   #8
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
From the horses' mouth as they say... Glad you got it resolved and congrats on a very beautiful Grand Seiko