The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 6 May 2022, 02:35 PM   #1
Chris85
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP ROO YG
Platinum Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph AP Brick

Up for sale here is the ultimate luxury timepiece. Cased in solid platinum and mounted on a solid platinum bracelet, this version of the Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph is limited to only 50 pieces worldwide.

The full reference number is 26470PT.OO.1000PT.01

Platinum is the best "stealth wealth" material, as it does not stand out like gold, but is much brighter than steel, and of course has that nice precious metal weight to it.

950 platinum is much more durable than 18k gold alloys, and it is known among jewelers that while scratching or polishing gold removes some material, with platinum is more "moving the metal around."

Although platinum is denser than gold and some people assume that this watch is too heavy, this watch is actually about the same weight as the 25721 Offshore in yellow gold. This is mainly due to the thinner links on the bracelet, as well as the open caseback on the 26470.

My favorite part about this timepiece is the exclusive dial, found only on this limited run, 50 watches in the entire world! Labeled as "smoked grey," this dial is more a soft vignette, fading from a dark grey at the edges into a lighter silvery color in the center. Paired with the black inner chapter ring and subdials, the face of this watch is truly striking!

If you are like me and missed the opportunity to buy one of these from the AD in 2017, now is your chance! Since there were only 50 total made for boutiques worldwide, these do not often come up for sale! Despite there being a few ghost listings on the online market, once these are in the hands of collectors they tend to stay there.

This timepiece carried the highest msrp at its time of release, and has since steadily appreciated. This shows a more stable value than overhyped pieces that are much more volatile.

This comes as a full set, with all original boxes and paperwork. Also has the limited grey alligator strap, with a platinum tang and connecting plots.

Asking price is $138,000.

I always ship priority overnight, fully insured. Or I will hand deliver within the continental US.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any qustions or would like to make an offer! I can send more pictures, show you a video, etc. I have plenty of references on forums, FB groups, ebay, etc, so deal with confidence! I'll do what you need to make this a comfortable transaction.

I also love to trade, and will accept most brands and models of luxury timepiece towards this one.

I am open to a lot when it comes to trading, so feel free to offer whatever you have!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 05:07 AM   #2
Chris85
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP ROO YG
Still available- make an offer!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 08:27 AM   #3
Chris85
2024 Pledge Member