The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 25 May 2022, 01:50 AM   #1
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
Perpetual Calendar

Has anyone seen or been tempted by the perpetual calendar watches? I like the classic fairly clean Panerai look but underneath there’s a pretty complicated movement. But of course the price points seem a little more than I’d like to spend. Maybe if it comes out in steel it will be cheaper with better WR making it more tempting as an everyday watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 05:04 AM   #2
Kilometerman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
Has anyone seen or been tempted by the perpetual calendar watches? I like the classic fairly clean Panerai look but underneath there’s a pretty complicated movement. But of course the price points seem a little more than I’d like to spend. Maybe if it comes out in steel it will be cheaper with better WR making it more tempting as an everyday watch.

I think it’s a very clean/minimal presentation of a perpetual calendar. I would be tempted if I didn’t already have a couple PCs.
Kilometerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:54 PM   #3
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
The downside to PAM PCs for me (which also could be an upside, depending on your taste) is they don't really look like a traditional PC
When i first saw the 715 i thought to myself "A Day/Date and GMT Complication doesn't make it a Perpetual"
Turning it over revealed the rest, which is cool, but not really what i'd want if i was shopping for a PC
They kinda look like a standard GMT with a Day Function at a glance
If i'm spending between $47k and $87k i'd kinda want to see where my money went everytime i looked at my wrist
Thats just me, though
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 09:23 PM   #4
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The downside to PAM PCs for me (which also could be an upside, depending on your taste) is they don't really look like a traditional PC
When i first saw the 715 i thought to myself "A Day/Date and GMT Complication doesn't make it a Perpetual"
Turning it over revealed the rest, which is cool, but not really what i'd want if i was shopping for a PC
They kinda look like a standard GMT with a Day Function at a glance
If i'm spending between $47k and $87k i'd kinda want to see where my money went everytime i looked at my wrist
Thats just me, though

I was drawn to the simplicity but maybe that’s part of the “problem.” It looks like a pretty normal Panerai unless you take it off and turn it over. But when you are thinking of spending $50k or more with taxes, there are a lot of other watches to consider in that price range. Still a cool look for sure.

srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote