The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2009, 08:10 PM   #1
minkysailing
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Plat/SS
Cleaning my watch

Hi all,

I am new to your forum and look forward to spending some time reading the various posts.

I am a proud owner of a Rolex Yachmaster in stainless and platinum. I have owned the watch from new for about 12 months now and a few scratches etc have appeared on both the polished and brushes metal areas. I am very particular about my watch and polish it regularly which in hind sight I wish I had not done as some of the brushes areas are slightly polished now and the etched areas on the bezel around the polishes numbers also are showing signs of change. Can I have some guidance on how best to look after my watch without damaging its appearance. If I send it to Rolex is that the best way or is that going to cost me a small fortune?

Thank you in advance for any help the forum can give me.
minkysailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2009, 08:42 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
The best way to keep any Rolex oyster in a clean tip top condition is very simple.Just plain soap and and water and any soft bristle brush on bracelet and clasp.Scratches and any type of polishing are best left till service time when the RSC will do it as part of service, watch will be then like new.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2009, 09:17 PM   #3
shaggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLUE ARAB DAYTONA
my daytona comes into the shower every day with me but i dry it with a micro fibre cloth and not the towel as that seems to scratch it (or at least with out towels due to no softener)
nobody can see the scratches from 3 feet away and its only because you are looking down onto it that you can see them
i now see my scratches as character and realise they will be gone at service so i can start to worry about them all over again

your in the best place here for info as there is no other place on the net with the knowledge that is here and you will find 99.99% are not up their own backside
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2009, 09:48 PM   #4
mugzy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
The best way to keep any Rolex oyster in a clean tip top condition is very simple.Just plain soap and and water and any soft bristle brush on bracelet and clasp.Scratches and any type of polishing are best left till service time when the RSC will do it as part of service, watch will be then like new.
I agree soap and water on a regular basis is good practice. I also have it cleaned at a jewelry store whenever I walk by one .....
mugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2009, 11:42 PM   #5
sexner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 169622, 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
ditto
Old 22 July 2009, 02:04 AM   #6
BER

Watch: DAYTONA 116520
Soap, ultra soft tooth brush, warm water :

BER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2009, 02:12 AM   #7
rolexsubdate
Banned

stay away from this: OUCH!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1.jpg (14.4 KB, 95 views)
rolexsubdate is offline   Reply With Quote