The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 February 2023, 08:18 AM   #1
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
AP 25860ST-Feedback

Looking for some feedback on the case of this F serial 25860ST, a so-called "Kasparov" that is being advertised as unpolished. I realize it's a little dinged up, but it appeals to me if it's truly unpolished.

I've been after one of these for years, and now that prices are coming back down to earth a little, I'm on the hunt again.

All feedback appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP1.jpg (267.9 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg AP2.jpg (259.6 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg AP3.jpg (271.9 KB, 210 views)
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 09:43 AM   #2
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

I'd probably go for something a little less rough. The pictures aren't particularly clear, so a bit difficult to tell if it never has been polished. At least the bezel doesn't have the soap-bar appearance from heavy polishing. The depth of the screws (10 o'clock) looks a bit inconsistent. I didn't know that the pusher covers are supposed to do that. Overall this looks like a good candidate for a factory service, which should be considered when it comes to pricing.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 11:24 AM   #3
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
AP 25860ST-Feedback

Price and to me Box and Papers matter. Factory service will be maybe around $2k and if a bezel has to be replaced even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 11:49 PM   #4
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I'd probably go for something a little less rough. The pictures aren't particularly clear, so a bit difficult to tell if it never has been polished. At least the bezel doesn't have the soap-bar appearance from heavy polishing. The depth of the screws (10 o'clock) looks a bit inconsistent. I didn't know that the pusher covers are supposed to do that. Overall this looks like a good candidate for a factory service, which should be considered when it comes to pricing.
Yes, agreed it needs some TLC. What are you referring to about the chrono pushers? I think the seller just unscrewed them for the photos, unless I'm missing something. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
Price and to me Box and Papers matter. Factory service will be maybe around $2k and if a bezel has to be replaced even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, comes with AP booklet/original paperwork, but no box. The ask is $34K.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 04:41 AM   #5
Bpan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5548BA, 16233G
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
The 25860 has screw down chrono pushers that you can't actuate without unscrewing. The hexagonal elements are just decorative on the newer chronos like your 26240.
Bpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 05:12 AM   #6
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpan View Post
The 25860 has screw down chrono pushers that you can't actuate without unscrewing. The hexagonal elements are just decorative on the newer chronos like your 26240.
See, learned something new today
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote