The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 August 2023, 08:43 AM   #1
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

North Carolina AD

I saw a few older posts but wanted to ask for opinions on the best AD in North Carolina in terms of investing into a long term relationship? Any notably positive (or negative) experiences to share?

I am in the Triangle area and my closest AD is Fink’s at Southpoint Mall but thinking I’d rather support a local chain like JM Edward’s or Windsor/Schiffman’s. Or are they really all great and just go with whoever calls first? Fully aware it may take years on the waitlist as a new buyer, especially for this growing area.
clepsydratime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 08:53 AM   #2
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydratime View Post
I saw a few older posts but wanted to ask for opinions on the best AD in North Carolina in terms of investing into a long term relationship? Any notably positive (or negative) experiences to share?

I am in the Triangle area and my closest AD is Fink’s at Southpoint Mall but thinking I’d rather support a local chain like JM Edward’s or Windsor/Schiffman’s. Or are they really all great and just go with whoever calls first? Fully aware it may take years on the waitlist as a new buyer, especially for this growing area.
A buddy of mine got a BLRO from Finks (Charlotte) with no purchase history in a few months

Hit them all and go with whoever calls first
Old 6 August 2023, 09:13 AM   #3
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
A buddy of mine got a BLRO from Finks (Charlotte) with no purchase history in a few months

Hit them all and go with whoever calls first

Thanks for the DP good to know!
Old 6 August 2023, 09:14 AM   #4
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Can't go wrong with Windsor or Schiffman's
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 09:24 AM   #5
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post

Thanks! One better than the other in your opinion?

Since I’m near Raleigh, Schiffman’s in nearby Greensboro would be closer but I’ve heard Charlotte Windsor (their official AD location) can share stock to other locations closer to me. I’m leaning to Windsor because they are the only Patek AD in North Carolina…. Not that Patek is on my immediate to-buy list but eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 August 2023, 09:32 AM   #6
pedersenkl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, GMT, Sub
Similar area in NC.

I’ve had limited success with the local ADs in RTP…whether Finks or JM Edwards even when looking to celebrate for a birthday milestone and/or anniversary.

Ended up getting my second to last Rolex from a SC AD in driving distance given the locals couldn’t come through. I was very patient with both local ADs. When I realized they weren’t going to deliver…I started calling/emailing to other ADs within driving distance and one hit for the watch I wanted. My last Rolex followed a similar pattern. Very patient with local ADs (trying to build relationships, etc), no delivery. Milestone passed with no watch. Ended up finding the watch I wanted on vacation via an AD rep that put forth effort and found me the watch within a month.

My guidance. Make contact with as many ADs as possible with your request. Be diligent, but buy from any AD who gets you the watch.
pedersenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 09:50 AM   #7
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post
Similar area in NC.

I’ve had limited success with the local ADs in RTP…whether Finks or JM Edwards even when looking to celebrate for a birthday milestone and/or anniversary.

Ended up getting my second to last Rolex from a SC AD in driving distance given the locals couldn’t come through. I was very patient with both local ADs. When I realized they weren’t going to deliver…I started calling/emailing to other ADs within driving distance and one hit for the watch I wanted. My last Rolex followed a similar pattern. Very patient with local ADs (trying to build relationships, etc), no delivery. Milestone passed with no watch. Ended up finding the watch I wanted on vacation via an AD rep that put forth effort and found me the watch within a month.

My guidance. Make contact with as many ADs as possible with your request. Be diligent, but buy from any AD who gets you the watch.

Thank you! I probably should just hit them all up.

Sounds like all the local AD’s are about the same for demand and waitlists and I’m willing to put my time as long as they don’t completely write me off. I have other jewelry purchases in the near future too so would rather build one long term relationship.

Mind sharing which AD in SC? I do visit SC often enough and have family near Hilton Head.
Old 6 August 2023, 09:57 AM   #8
ChuMpion3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post
Similar area in NC.

Same boat. Finks in Raleigh has been a zero.
ChuMpion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 10:48 AM   #9
hellofromthebay
"TRF" Member

Before we start hating on some ADs…

Rolex could care less about North Carolina. ADs in NC get little to no product. The situation is out of their hands.

hellofromthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 10:49 AM   #10
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellofromthebay View Post

Rolex could care less about North Carolina. ADs in NC get little to no product. The situation is out of their hands.

Why is that? Charlotte isn’t Indianapolis.

Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 10:51 AM   #11
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I’d go Schiffman’s. Lane is super awesome and his brother is also a real character. Great guys!
codecow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 11:28 AM   #12
SwissWatchCraze
"TRF" Member

Reed's Jewelers in Wilmington. Excellent.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
SwissWatchCraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 11:29 AM   #13
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I personally would deal with Windsor. Very friendly and stand behind there products new or preowned. Been buying from them for years almost exclusively. Voted #1 for the last several years from the people's choice awards.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2023, 10:44 AM   #14
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I’d go Schiffman’s. Lane is super awesome and his brother is also a real character. Great guys!

Thanks!

Old 16 August 2023, 10:44 AM   #15
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
I personally would deal with Windsor. Very friendly and stand behind there products new or preowned. Been buying from them for years almost exclusively. Voted #1 for the last several years from the people's choice awards.

Thanks!

Old 16 August 2023, 10:45 AM   #16
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post

Thanks! I’m reaching out to Schiffmans, Finks and Windsor but I’m inclined for local.

Old 16 August 2023, 10:46 AM   #17
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissWatchCraze View Post

Happen to have a beach trip next week, I’ll check out!

Old 16 August 2023, 10:46 AM   #18
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellofromthebay View Post

Interesting. I saw someone else said the market is even tighter in the Carolina’s than the major markets because of the demand and AD availability.

Old 16 August 2023, 11:26 AM   #19
rohada
"TRF" Member

My experience with Fink's is that they try to serve their local customers as a regional chain. Other ADs in NC may be different and it may vary from one Fink's location to the next (though I was told it doesn't, YMMV). I got a Pepsi in 12 months from Fink's Raleigh. So many variables here that you should probably pick a strategy and see it through. Building a relationship in Raleigh has proven fruitful for me and I do expect to get a Daytona from them. I was dubious of the list, but regarding this Fink's location, they delivered.

I have zero spend with this location, outside of the Pepsi. They told me they honor their list, but I'd imagine it still hinges on numerous criteria (which watch, relationship you build, flexibility, where you live, etc). I started a discussion with Windsor, but not in a position to be in Charlotte with any frequency, so that hasn't materialized into anything. Maybe they just don't want to sell me a watch, even though I'm on their list.

You mentioned that you understood it could take years, but you can always go gray and get the watch you want now as there are no shortage of most Rolex watches sitting on secondary shelves. Good luck to you, as it does seem that NC is under represented as far as AD locations go. Someone posted to that effect a month or so ago. My only AD relationship is with Fink's Raleigh.
Old 17 August 2023, 07:27 AM   #20
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohada View Post
My experience with Fink's is that they try to serve their local customers as a regional chain. Other ADs in NC may be different and it may vary from one Fink's location to the next (though I was told it doesn't, YMMV). I got a Pepsi in 12 months from Fink's Raleigh. So many variables here that you should probably pick a strategy and see it through. Building a relationship in Raleigh has proven fruitful for me and I do expect to get a Daytona from them. I was dubious of the list, but regarding this Fink's location, they delivered.

I have zero spend with this location, outside of the Pepsi. They told me they honor their list, but I'd imagine it still hinges on numerous criteria (which watch, relationship you build, flexibility, where you live, etc). I started a discussion with Windsor, but not in a position to be in Charlotte with any frequency, so that hasn't materialized into anything. Maybe they just don't want to sell me a watch, even though I'm on their list.

You mentioned that you understood it could take years, but you can always go gray and get the watch you want now as there are no shortage of most Rolex watches sitting on secondary shelves. Good luck to you, as it does seem that NC is under represented as far as AD locations go. Someone posted to that effect a month or so ago. My only AD relationship is with Fink's Raleigh.

Thank you! I’ve already gone Grey for my first watch (it was a reference no longer made) but do want to buy new for rest of my list.

I’m closest to the Durham Finks and already visited them to get on the list. I’ll visit Raleigh next, and Charlotte in a few weeks.

Old 17 August 2023, 07:30 AM   #21
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

I will say the Durham Finks told me that purchase history is across the chain locations. But taking that with a grain of salt.

Old 17 August 2023, 07:49 AM   #22
Ferrari308
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,GMT,Sub,DJ
When I lived in NC I had pretty good luck with the Reed's in Fayetteville. Of course, that has now been five years since I was there so my experience may not be relevant at all.

PDG
Ferrari308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2023, 08:10 AM   #23
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

Finks in Charlotte has always treated me nicely, will always go there first.
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2023, 09:32 AM   #24
rohada
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari308 View Post
When I lived in NC I had pretty good luck with the Reed's in Fayetteville. Of course, that has now been five years since I was there so my experience may not be relevant at all.
Yeah, Reeds in Fayetteville no longer carries Rolex. I was at the Reeds in Wilmington today and the SA told me the Fayetteville location sold a lot of Rolex when they had it. That really surprised me, as I grew up in Fayetteville and I didn't necessarily view it an overly affluent place. Little did I know.

Reeds Wilmington had no new watches available. She did say that they do sell exhibition pieces as new exhibition pieces come in. Take that for what it's worth.
Old 17 August 2023, 09:36 AM   #25
rohada
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydratime View Post
I will say the Durham Finks told me that purchase history is across the chain locations. But taking that with a grain of salt.
As in they require purchase history or they do not? I was told in 2021, they do not require purchase history. Also told they sell only within their own self imposed geographies, so if you're in Raleigh, Charlotte will not deal with you regarding a list. Maybe, if you walk in and they have a watch available, they may sell that to an out of towner. Just this man's experience.
Old 17 August 2023, 09:47 AM   #26
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

Finks has been pretty good to work with as well as Windsor in Charlotte. Try them all if you have the chance.
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2023, 09:52 AM   #27
bgsharp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUB
I’ve been working with Schiffman’s for over two years to get a Submariner, with no results. That’s even after I bought a few watches and an engagement ring. NC is a super tough market apparently. Check out the thread I made a few weeks ago about NC AD’s.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=912097
bgsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2023, 11:39 AM   #28
ScottPSU
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissWatchCraze View Post

Just went in there last week. Plenty of watches in the other cases, but nothing for sale in the exhibition only case.nice folks, but dismissed me when I didn’t want to play the game. Very nice store as well!
ScottPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2023, 10:03 PM   #29
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Windsor is my AD for quality customer service and commitment to the client. It is owned by Rob Simon and his son Ben runs the store in Charlotte. Rob is between the Winston-Salem-Salem store and Charlotte. Rob founded the business more than 30 years ago and they are not a chain like Schiffman's or Finks and you are dealing with real stakeholders when you do business with them. Great inventory for other brands other than Rolex or PP but that is consistent across the landscape of AD's. They will discuss what you want and give you a realistic expectation on what you want. I have delt with Fink's and Schiffman's in the past but have never been pleased with the customer service. Give Windsor a try. My experience.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2023, 06:56 AM   #30
clepsydratime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohada View Post
As in they require purchase history or they do not? I was told in 2021, they do not require purchase history. Also told they sell only within their own self imposed geographies, so if you're in Raleigh, Charlotte will not deal with you regarding a list. Maybe, if you walk in and they have a watch available, they may sell that to an out of towner. Just this man's experience.

As in, if I purchase my first Rolex at Durham location then the purchase history can be seen in Charlotte location, for example. So across the chain. I was thinking AD history is specific to each store location.