The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 November 2023, 07:28 AM   #1
Mc14
"TRF" Member

NEED HELP! Rolex DD issue

Good afternoon everyone! I am perhaps overthinking this, but I would really appreciate any guidance from the experienced folks on here.

I bought my first day date White Gold 40 with Olive dial from Chrono24 a week ago (pictured here) from a VERY reputable professional dealer on there. Brand new with full cards, box, papers etc. Dated 09/2023 - so very new.

I took it to my AD in town who I have bought many pieces from and they have a service where they can take the back off, authenticate the watch and everything for free for good clients.

Long story short, everything checked out as legit with the movements inside the watch, the dial and all the important stuff. They only mentioned one thing to me that they thought was a little weird - the white gold band had a little warmer "tinge" to it than they are used to seeing, but they said it was certainly 100% authentic and nothing to worry about - in fact they even wrote me an appraisal for it.

Again, I love the piece and I have been waiting for one from my AD for years and never get the call, so I was excited to get one from a legit dealer for a good price. I have 14 days to get my money back per the Chrono24 guarantee, woudl you all be at all concerned about it? Perhaps I'm overthinking it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2278.jpg (107.6 KB, 757 views)
File Type: jpeg image1.JPEG (237.9 KB, 731 views)

Last edited by Mc14; 11 November 2023 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: more photos
Mc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 07:32 AM   #2
learningtofly
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hmmm...
Can’t see an issue, personally.
Old 11 November 2023, 07:34 AM   #3
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Perhaps mention this to your dealer and see what they say. If it is something that will bother you, I would return the watch.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 07:34 AM   #4
Ron P
"TRF" Member

White color tend to “yellow” a bit over time. Maybe some environmental conditions speeded this up?
Is nothing to worry about, it can be removed with the lightest of the lightest polish in due time.
Ron P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 07:45 AM   #5
Jasb
"TRF" Member

If you’re posting it on here, you’re worried….I’d return it and get one that sits better with you.
Jasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 07:47 AM   #6
Mc14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasb View Post
If you’re posting it on here, you’re worried….I’d return it and get one that sits better with you.
I tend to agree, but what if they are all like that and I'm just a lunatic which is probably far more likely than there being a problem with it. I was more worried about the watch itself being an issue and honestly before I took it in there, I didn't think a thing about it.
Old 11 November 2023, 08:01 AM   #7
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
AD's are likely to give out reliable information about 50% of the time.
Old 11 November 2023, 08:05 AM   #8
miamiclay
2024 Pledge Member

In hand, in sunlight, does the band seem to have a different or warmer color than the case? If you didn’t notice anything about it before the AD visit, and especially if you can’t see any real difference in sunlight, I wouldn’t give it another moment’s thought.

Congratulations, lovely watch!
miamiclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 08:26 AM   #9
RollingInTheDeep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
AD's are likely to give out reliable information about 50% of the time.
YES

Unfortunately, "subject matter expert" typically isn't a phrase used to accurately describe AD sales agents.
RollingInTheDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 08:29 AM   #10
Mc14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiclay View Post
In hand, in sunlight, does the band seem to have a different or warmer color than the case? If you didn’t notice anything about it before the AD visit, and especially if you can’t see any real difference in sunlight, I wouldn’t give it another moment’s thought.

Congratulations, lovely watch!
Thank you so very much for the kind words and reassuring message. Really appreciate it.
Old 11 November 2023, 09:03 AM   #11
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

If it is actually a new watch, then it should not look any different than the new watches the AD sees everyday. If it's not right, return it fast
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 10:03 AM   #12
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Looks good to me. Can the AD test the band to check if its 18k? But if the rest of it checks it's probably okay.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 04:41 PM   #13
puma1552
"TRF" Member

AD is likely just blowing smoke. Some different SA probably wouldn't have noticed/said anything and this thread wouldn't exist.

That said, if the seed of doubt has been planted, return it and get another one. Considering this is $40k, it's too much to have any seeds of doubt with.
puma1552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 05:23 PM   #14
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

RSC would be your best bet. Hopefully they’re just a short drive away?
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 05:38 PM   #15
garg
"TRF" Member

Very slim chance the band is going to be fake... This is especially easier to tell if it is made of gold as it will be a lot heavier

No one is going through the trouble to fake a rolex band, also made of gold but with a lower purity... Way too much other power hanging fruits to make replicas off

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
garg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 06:01 PM   #16
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
They were Probably blowing smoke up your butt, because you bought it elsewhere. Looks fine in the pics.

Kat
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 06:26 PM   #17
Podmornica
Banned

Your AD is just jealous they couldn't sell you this reference, so they are now playing smart with you.
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 06:48 PM   #18
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc14 View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I am perhaps overthinking this, but I would really appreciate any guidance from the experienced folks on here.

I bought my first day date White Gold 40 with Olive dial from Chrono24 a week ago (pictured here) from a VERY reputable professional dealer on there. Brand new with full cards, box, papers etc. Dated 09/2023 - so very new.

I took it to my AD in town who I have bought many pieces from and they have a service where they can take the back off, authenticate the watch and everything for free for good clients.

Long story short, everything checked out as legit with the movements inside the watch, the dial and all the important stuff. They only mentioned one thing to me that they thought was a little weird - the white gold band had a little warmer "tinge" to it than they are used to seeing, but they said it was certainly 100% authentic and nothing to worry about - in fact they even wrote me an appraisal for it.

Again, I love the piece and I have been waiting for one from my AD for years and never get the call, so I was excited to get one from a legit dealer for a good price. I have 14 days to get my money back per the Chrono24 guarantee, woudl you all be at all concerned about it? Perhaps I'm overthinking it?
Take my advice there is nothing wrong with your watch most ADs could not tell there ars# from the elbow.So stop worrying and just wear your new DD in good health for the next 40 years now thats far more important.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 10:17 PM   #19
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
There is nothing wrong with your watch. Stop fretting over a statement your ad made that is ridiculous.
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 10:29 PM   #20
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
If it’s an obvious difference to your eyes, and it bothers you….I’d remedy the issue. If you didn’t notice and now you “think” it may be there….I’d say you’re fine with your new watch and enjoy.
Congrats on a beautiful DD!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 10:30 PM   #21
blufinz52
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 116400GV 124060
Gorgeous watch! Nothing to worry about.
blufinz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 10:36 PM   #22
Mc14
"TRF" Member

Thank you all. I am learning! I think it's 100% fine and I tend to agree with you all... I have been on a list there for this model for years. Probably jealous I didn't buy it from them.

I really didn't notice a thing until they said something. I will wear it and love it. Thank you all for the time and patience for the rookie.

MC
Old 11 November 2023, 10:46 PM   #23
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations. The watch looks great and I do not see any difference. Don't read too much into some off handed comment made by a SA at an AD that could not deliver the watch you want. Wear your watch and enjoy.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 10:51 PM   #24
worldfamoussam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date II
Echoing all of above and adding that to these eyes, it looks totally normal.
Old 12 November 2023, 12:28 AM   #25
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:

I was in a well known AD in my neck of the woods once and asked them about the EasyLink. The SA, who told me she was a Rolex expert up front, had never heard of it and dismissed any further questions about it with “only a skilled professional can resize a Rolex bracelet”

I would take with a pinch of salt what the Rolex “experts” at an AD tell you
Old 12 November 2023, 12:45 AM   #26
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Looks fine from the pics.

If you're still unsure, however, I would seek a second opinion from an unequivocal source, such as the RSC.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 06:38 AM   #27
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
They’re just pi$$ed you didn’t get it from them. Filling your mind with doubt so next time you do get it from them
RoRoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 07:44 AM   #28
BriansRolex
"TRF" Member

Looks good to me congrats and enjoy it!
BriansRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 08:22 AM   #29
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

This ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
They were Probably blowing smoke up your butt, because you bought it elsewhere. Looks fine in the pics.

Kat
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Take my advice there is nothing wrong with your watch most ADs could not tell there ars# from the elbow.So stop worrying and just wear your new DD in good health for the next 40 years now thats far more important.
And this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufinz52 View Post
Gorgeous watch! Nothing to worry about.
Largely (but not solely) because of this...

Quote:
I bought my first day date White Gold 40 with Olive dial from Chrono24 a week ago (pictured here) from a VERY reputable professional dealer on there. Brand new with full cards, box, papers etc. Dated 09/2023 - so very new. ...
Old 12 November 2023, 09:11 AM   #30
TomCarter
"TRF" Member

Warmer tinge
TomCarter is offline   Reply With Quote