The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2023, 02:20 AM   #1
dkhosy
"TRF" Member

Daytona 116515LN 2018 Arabic Dial HELP PLEASE.

Hi Guys,

I'm purchasing a Daytona 116515LN from a private seller next week. I've done my diligence on him and he is reputable. He purchased the watch from a local business 6 months ago who are now not trading.

My question is, the watch is a 2018 model and comes with leather croc strap and also Oysterflex with the older Daytona clasp.

He is under the impression the watch came on Oysterflex and the original purchaser bought a Leather strap to go with it. However, after speaking to a few people, they said the watch has the old style clasp which would be on the leather. If it was originally on Oysterflex strap then it would be the new style clasp.

I have also read the watch was discontinued in 2017. This watch is dated June 2018 which is worrying, however, there are a few on Chrono with Leather strap dated 2018.

Does anyone have any expertise on this model and can confirm a June 2018 model on Leather would be possible and authentic? I will attach photo's below.

I am going to get the watch authenticated, however, I'm having to travel and spend several hundred pounds to get to him so would rather know this info prior.

Any help, much appreciated.
dkhosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 03:23 AM   #2
hojlund
"TRF" Member

any pictures?
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 03:34 AM   #3
Lalo007
"TRF" Member

I believe that that model only came on leather straps, the oysterflex straps must have been purchased as secondary straps. The watch might have been sold on 2018 but last year made was 2017.
Lalo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 03:56 AM   #4
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhosy View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm purchasing a Daytona 116515LN from a private seller next week. I've done my diligence on him and he is reputable. He purchased the watch from a local business 6 months ago who are now not trading.

My question is, the watch is a 2018 model and comes with leather croc strap and also Oysterflex with the older Daytona clasp.

He is under the impression the watch came on Oysterflex and the original purchaser bought a Leather strap to go with it. However, after speaking to a few people, they said the watch has the old style clasp which would be on the leather. If it was originally on Oysterflex strap then it would be the new style clasp.

I have also read the watch was discontinued in 2017. This watch is dated June 2018 which is worrying, however, there are a few on Chrono with Leather strap dated 2018.

Does anyone have any expertise on this model and can confirm a June 2018 model on Leather would be possible and authentic? I will attach photo's below.

I am going to get the watch authenticated, however, I'm having to travel and spend several hundred pounds to get to him so would rather know this info prior.

Any help, much appreciated.
Hi

I'm in Scotland too. I owned one from 2013 on Alligator/croc. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

The Arabic chocolate dial was not a standard production reference with Oysterflex. The Oysterflex reference came with the chocolate lumed indices dial with black sub dials.

A 116515LN Arabic dialed Daytona could have been sitting unsold until 2018 and you can get an Arabic dial swap and you can get a croc/alligator strap from Rolex for the oysterflex clasps, so its not a simple answer.

But!

Its all about the clasp If the clasp has micro adjust holes that are visible on the outer clasp sides (as pictured below ) the watch never came on Oysterflex and is not Oysterflex compatible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31493090-r756taqp5gtuur9kmnm0e7og-ExtraLarge copy.jpg (40.4 KB, 162 views)

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 06:17 AM   #5
hojlund
"TRF" Member

I've seen an arabic chocolate dial rose gold daytona on OF in an AD before, this configuration did exist.
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 06:39 AM   #6
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by hojlund View Post
I've seen an arabic chocolate dial rose gold daytona on OF in an AD before, this configuration did exist.
I stand corrected - it appears there were a few transitional 515s with Arabic and Oysterflex in 2018

There are also lots with a Rubber B strap wrongly noted as Oysterflex

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote