The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 January 2024, 08:19 AM   #1
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Thoughts on Moser Streamliner Center Seconds?

Hi,

I would love to hear from owners of Moser Streamliner Center Seconds (green or salmon dials). How do you like the watch and how will you compare it with others in its price range? I have heard few issues with the movement in the Center Seconds, rotor not winding efficiently or movement freezing up. Have people experienced any movement issues over a decent ownership period? Thank you.
AlyRba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 10:42 AM   #2
Chrasmus
"TRF" Member

I have only owned the Smoked Salmon for a few weeks, but so far this watch has exceeded my already great expectations. The dial is absolutely amazing, and the watch is just so completely different and unique from any of my other watches. The watch is running at around +4 sec., and no movement issues so far.
I had also considered getting the Chopard Alpine Eagle XPS, and was offered the newer Small Seconds Enamel Streamliner. I am now no longer looking at getting either one of these.
The overwhelming reason I got the Smoked Salmon was for the amazing dial and the unique case / bracelet. The movement is very nice - but I think the Czapek Antarctique, Chopard Alpine Eagle XPS, and the new Streamliner Small Seconds movements are more interesting.
Chrasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 12:29 AM   #3
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Hi,
I would love to hear from owners of Moser Streamliner Center Seconds (green or salmon dials). How do you like the watch and how will you compare it with others in its price range? I have heard few issues with the movement in the Center Seconds, rotor not winding efficiently or movement freezing up. Have people experienced any movement issues over a decent ownership period? Thank you.
I have had mine for three years. The movement has not been an issue at all. It is the most common movement Moser uses. It is the same movement as used in the Endeavor, Heritage, and Pioneers. When i first received it, winding it was a bit tight, but now it behaves exactly the same as any other watch i own. It keeps VERY good time. As measured on a timegrapher it is around 3 seconds fast. Several of my other independents (Czapek for example) are nowhere NEAR this range.

The watch is a bit thick. The new blue dial is thinned down, but just barely. It is still thick. It is just how the case appears on the wrist. That being said, try on an AP Jumbo and EVERYTHING will seem thick. I think that is my issue.

I turned down the blue dial three weeks ago. I couldnt justify another streamliner that is for all intents the same watch. Moreover, the exchange rate and price increase makes that watch like 70% more than the Green one cost me.

For all the praise that the bracelet gets, the clasp is a bit of a problem. The way that it curves just bites into the wrist a bit making it somewhat uncomfortable. I have like 6 other dual deployant watches and all of those clasps are quite comfortable. The Moser is a bit painful.

I like the watch a LOT, but green is a difficult color to match. I match my watch to my belt and boots. Green is not easy to do so. I dont care for the "salmon" one except for the vertical striping. I like that etching, but the color is not for me.
Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2024, 05:05 AM   #4
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

have had the green version for a couple years...very pleased with it. as previously noted, it wears a bit thicker than my other integrated bracelet watch (5712a), but thats not necessarily a bad thing, as my nautilus sometimes feels a bit too thin

agree on the color...its a nice shade of green, and really unique to look at. overall i highly recommend.
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote