The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 31 January 2024, 06:49 AM   #1
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Deposit for 2028 delivery - anOrdain

With all the big hitters Ichiran is posting in the forum, this post is surely less substantial, or at the very least, less costly...

I got an email from anOrdain stating that its waitlist is reopening. Unfortunately, delivery for these new orders won't come until 2027. By the time I saw the email and decided to place an order, my delivery is pushed to 2028.

I have always been interested in the brand, but never pull the trigger. Its enamel dials look amazing in the many review that I've read. However, I've never seen it in person so the impression is all based on pictures and video, and the super long 4+ year wait seem excessive. Nevertheless, I've decided to take a change given the low entry point. Let's hope it improves as times go back...
Old 31 January 2024, 07:53 AM   #2
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Huge congrats. They make very nice watches. I don’t own one but I’ve seen it in person and the enamel dials are awesome. Sorry the wait is so long but it’s something to look forward to. Please provide updates when you can.

Also never worry about how expensive or cheap other peoples watches are. The thing I love about this hobby is the wide range of fun you can have it with. Right now I’m wearing my Casio calculator watch which costs $30. And I’m smiling cause it’s silly and fun.
FrugalGreubel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 08:39 AM   #3
kunlun
"TRF" Member

AnOrdain make lovely watches with their grand feu dials.

I'm glad that they are having success and I think you'll enjoy yours when it comes a lot.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 09:42 AM   #4
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Congratulations! Love their enamel dials! Which model and configuration did you opt for please?
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:27 AM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Yeah got same email. Thought about it but I’m not waiting that long for that brand. Moving on, meh. Its ok, there will be others
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 11:38 AM   #6
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I acted and got 2027. I figured it didn’t count as another watch this year because it was only a deposit.

I am hoping the prices don’t double in the intervening 3 years — though they suggested they would not go up that much.
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 03:57 PM   #7
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
Huge congrats. They make very nice watches. I don’t own one but I’ve seen it in person and the enamel dials are awesome. Sorry the wait is so long but it’s something to look forward to. Please provide updates when you can.

Also never worry about how expensive or cheap other peoples watches are. The thing I love about this hobby is the wide range of fun you can have it with. Right now I’m wearing my Casio calculator watch which costs $30. And I’m smiling cause it’s silly and fun.
Thanks. Agree not to worry about cheap or expensive. I enjoy by Dietrich as much as my Patek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Congratulations! Love their enamel dials! Which model and configuration did you opt for please?
Thanks Ichiran, congrats to your Roger Smith. That for sure is more special than a PP MR or even the Vingt-8.

I haven't decided yet, since you don't need to select now. I guess I have 3-4 years to think about it, but right now, I'm leaning on Model 1 Payne's Grey or Plum Fume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
I acted and got 2027. I figured it didn’t count as another watch this year because it was only a deposit.

I am hoping the prices don’t double in the intervening 3 years — though they suggested they would not go up that much.
Great job. Yes, price increase would be one of my main concerns given the long time, and hopefully it won't be too long.
Old 1 February 2024, 12:34 AM   #8
buddenfan
Banned

Sorry but no microbrand is worth prepaying for a 4 hour wait.

By 2028 you taste may change and you might not even like it
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 01:17 AM   #9
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

2028 is taking the piss when it comes to a deposit.
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 02:56 AM   #10
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Sorry but no microbrand is worth prepaying for a 4 hour wait.

By 2028 you taste may change and you might not even like it
I'm counting on my taste to change since I currently don't like watches that doesn't have a date complication...
Old 1 February 2024, 03:12 AM   #11
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Ha, a lot of us are waiting for independent watches!
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 04:12 AM   #12
llngoc
"TRF" Member

My wife’s comment: “Better exercise and stay healthy or you may not see your watches”

My worst one is probably 2027. Hearing now that some of the independents are out 7-8 years, I think I should order in my children’s name
llngoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 04:58 AM   #13
dpap
"TRF" Member

I have a build slot for q1 2024 and decided to go with the aqua model 3. Will post some impressions when it arrives.
dpap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 02:40 AM   #14
magicman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpap View Post
I have a build slot for q1 2024 and decided to go with the aqua model 3. Will post some impressions when it arrives.
Please do! I think that one is my favorite.
magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 01:12 PM   #15
FLGatorM5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I’ve been on the waiting list since it was just an email subscription about two years ago. Build came up in October and took delivery recently. Couldn’t be happier (and suckered right back into a 2028 slot).

FLGatorM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 12:12 AM   #16
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Happy to see a pic! Makes me feel good about signing up for that long wait.

I’ll rationalize it to myself that it’s the least expensive deposit I have down.
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote