The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 6 October 2009, 04:33 AM   #1
casper370z
"TRF" Member

Rolex Day Date II - pricing

I'm looking to purchase the Day Date II w/o Diamonds(yellow gold). It retails at $27,650.
I was wondering what is the average discount on it. I've seen it online @ ~$21K but also I read that AD buys them for 60% of retail price. I know AD are there to make $$ but I'd like to get a good buy on it as well. Any info would be helpful.
casper370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2009, 12:11 PM   #2
propedderkustom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, Patek
I'd love to know about getting 60% off too! I was once offered a YG DD2 for $18,900 BNIB by a reputable grey market dealer. It was a one time deal though.
propedderkustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Max

AD buys for 60% of retail aka 40% off. If the AD sold for 60% off they'd be losing money. I've heard 15% is good from an AD. I was able to get 20% off on my DJII. You may be able to get additional discount by offering a cashier's check, as the AD has to pay about 4% credit card fees to their merchant.

In my experience with other watch brands like Panerai, the big chain stores will never budge from list price. Try to stick to smaller dealers if possible, although that is no guarantee as I had one mom and pop shop here tell me they won't go under MSRP on a Rolex. I said thanks for your time and walked out. In this economy I wouldn't settle for anything less than 15%.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2009, 12:23 AM   #4
biggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I think 60% is a little too much and 15% not enough............just keep haggling the price down and at the end your still going to get a bargain.
biggy is offline   Reply With Quote