The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 November 2006, 12:17 AM   #1
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Icon11 New wellies have arrived

This thread will degenerate into woolathon soon I wanted to get a GOOD pair of wellies for the winter 'cause I'll be out in it a bit. So, I did a lot of research. Was going for some fairly expensive neoprene lined Hunters or Le Chameau brand, but then I discovered The Muck Boot Company. It's actually an American or Canadian brand. They sounded good from what I was reading, then I got to try on a particular model (the Tack boot) at Cornwall Farmers. Damn they felt nice. Not your typical floppy wellies, but super cushy, warm, and supportive. I wanted some with more of a heel and sole tread so I got these.

Got Tam a pair in black. So, I've been sat here in sweat pants and a sweat top wearing me wellies. I look like one of the pig farmers off Emmerdale

Let the sheep shaggin' jokes begin
BruceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2006, 12:42 AM   #2
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Bruce so, is there enough room at the top for the extra legs and I'd think the extra wool would help keep your legs warm?

Earl

Last edited by Earl; 4 November 2006 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: and my 2,000th post to boot!
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2006, 12:54 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Green ones are the best Bruce the sheep think its nice long grass and don't run away so much.Not that I am implying that you would follow in a certain BKL hoof steps.Ooops I meant foot steps.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2006, 01:01 AM   #4
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
Bruce so, is there enough room at the top for the extra legs and I'd think the extra wool would help keep your legs warm?

Earl
Not in these Earl, but I've got some regular floppy wellies for that activity
Old 4 November 2006, 01:01 AM   #5
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Green ones are the best Bruce the sheep think its nice long grass and don't run away so much.Not that I am implying that you would follow in a certain BKL hoof steps.Ooops I meant foot steps.
Old 4 November 2006, 01:20 AM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceS View Post
Not in these Earl, but I've got some regular floppy wellies for that activity
Your secret Bovine passion is safe with me Bruce

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 November 2006, 02:31 AM   #7
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your secret Bovine passion is safe with me Bruce
Gee thanks Peter
Old 4 November 2006, 02:55 AM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Gee thanks Peter
Your very welcome.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 November 2006, 02:57 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:

Well, Bruce, looks like you asked for it, pal!! But the sad bit is you've dragged me through the mud along with you, you tosser!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2006, 03:06 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post

Well, Bruce, looks like you asked for it, pal!! But the sad bit is you've dragged me through the mud along with you, you tosser!!
Well you should know all about being dragged thought the mud JJ, I hear some of those NZ woolly backs sometimes play hard to get.And speaking about tossers, how is your double handed quick change hands,watch winding technique performing like.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 November 2006, 03:08 AM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Well you should know all about being dragged thought the mud JJ, I hear some
of those NZ woolly backs sometimes play hard to get.And speaking about
tossers how is your double handed quick change hands,watch winding performing like.
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Looks like we're soon going to have a new CEO!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 4 November 2006, 03:22 AM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Looks like we're soon going to have a new CEO!!!
Christ JJ I just shed a tear of the thought to have such a honour bestowed on your humble servant Padi.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 November 2006, 03:25 AM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Old 4 November 2006, 04:26 AM   #14
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Oi Kojack. I never even mentioned you. Just the mention of wellies and wooley willys makes people think of you
Old 4 November 2006, 04:39 AM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Oi Kojack. I never even mentioned you. Just the mention of wellies and wooley willys makes people think of you
Like these Bruce hand made from dyed excess JJ arm hair, with genuine NZ sheep wool, for extra warmth and that homely deep down loving feeling.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 November 2006, 04:43 AM   #16
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Like these Bruce hand made from dyed excess JJ arm hair, with genuine NZ sheep wool, for extra warmth and that homely deep down loving feeling.

What a bloody tosser!!

Old 4 November 2006, 04:44 AM   #17
BruceS
"TRF" Member

LMAO! I think Tam has seen knitting patterns for those willy warmers
Old 4 November 2006, 04:51 AM   #18
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
LMAO! I think Tam has seen knitting patterns for those willy warmers
Tell Tam get those pattens and Knitting needles clicking Bruce going to be bloody cold in Cornwall this year.And if she has any spare time Knit one for me Extra large of course, we Welsh are big in that department.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 November 2006, 04:53 AM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:

Way toooooooooooooooo small for our c**k waving Paulie....that's for sure!!!

Old 4 November 2006, 04:57 AM   #20
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tell Tam get those pattens and Knitting needles clicking Bruce going to be bloody cold in Cornwall this year.And if she has any spare time Knit one for me Extra large of course, we Welsh are big in that department.
I figured I'd just stuff it down me wellie sock Padi. Add the neoprene from me boots and he should stay quite warm. Not sure what I'm gonna do about me two veg though
Old 4 November 2006, 04:58 AM   #21
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
I figured I'd just stuff it down me wellie sock Padi. Add the neoprene from me boots and he should stay quite warm. Not sure what I'm gonna do about me two veg though
Send them over to NZ....quite nice and warm here!!!

Old 4 November 2006, 05:00 AM   #22
BruceS
"TRF" Member

The way Josh is carrying on right now, I may just do that JJ. I won't be needin' them to create anymore lil whiners
Old 4 November 2006, 05:02 AM   #23
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
The way Josh is carrying on right now, I may just do that JJ. I won't be needin' them to create anymore lil whiners
If you can produce one more as cute, chubby and cuddleable as this bugger, I'll leave them in your pants a little while longer!!!!

Old 4 November 2006, 05:17 AM   #24
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Remember this one JJ?

That was on the same trip to the Bahamas. Damn. I came back from that trip to find that all hell had broken loose on Turf. That's how we all ended up here Seems like ages ago, but it was only a year and a half!

Got some meds down the little guy and now he's decided he wants his bubbles. He's felt much better today, but he's not had a nap. He's a tired and sick little guy right now.
Old 4 November 2006, 05:55 AM   #25
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Way toooooooooooooooo small for our c**k waving Paulie....that's for sure!!!

Bloody hell, how did I wind up in the TRF dark room?
Old 4 November 2006, 06:02 AM   #26
BruceS
"TRF" Member

LOL good on you for getting this thread back on track Frans This is a sheep shaggin' thread damnit!!

Now, I guess I've been in the dark room too, 'cause I don't know what that's all about either

BTW, I was gone for awhile. What is the L in BKL? Bald Kiwi is obvious, but I can't figure out the last one.
Old 4 November 2006, 06:17 AM   #27
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
LOL good on you for getting this thread back on track Frans This is a sheep shaggin' thread damnit!!

Now, I guess I've been in the dark room too, 'cause I don't know what that's all about either

BTW, I was gone for awhile. What is the L in BKL? Bald Kiwi is obvious, but I can't figure out the last one.
Loon
Old 4 November 2006, 06:23 AM   #28
BruceS
"TRF" Member

I shoulda known
Old 4 November 2006, 12:10 PM   #29
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
I shoulda known
Bruce, I think you might just about make it into the top ten when the next list comes out, you tosser!!

Old 4 November 2006, 12:11 PM   #30
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Remember this one JJ?

That was on the same trip to the Bahamas. Damn. I came back from that trip to find that all hell had broken loose on Turf. That's how we all ended up here Seems like ages ago, but it was only a year and a half!

Got some meds down the little guy and now he's decided he wants his bubbles. He's felt much better today, but he's not had a nap. He's a tired and sick little guy right now.
OMG....what could possibly get cuter than this little fellow?