The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 11 April 2023, 06:43 AM   #31
Mr gadget
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
I have to say I visit AP house in Bond st as often as I can with my wife, and think the staff are absolutely amazing, very courteous, incredibly fair and always go above and beyond to entertain and spend time with you.
I recently visited with my wife and daughter for their birthday and was surprised with a cake and candles and just the greatest customer experience you can expect to gain from a brand, they just understand how to make someone feel special and I’m certainly no rockstar, just a guy with a wife who both have a passion for watches, so much so my wife booked Geneva for Watches and Wonders, so I feel blessed.
I think the key thing is always relationship.. I would always tell anyone to build that, make a special visit and show your face. Wedid a 2 hour journey when train strikes were on last month, to just spend 30 minutes there, but it was just an amazing memory which my daughter absolutely loved,… I could have easily cancelled but we didn’t because it was worth it…
AP have such a small allocation they need to know you, I genuinely believe, if they pass you walking down the street and don’t stop to say “Hello” you will not get a watch from them.
I bought my first AP in 2014 and was lucky enough to get a personal grail from them last year and now have fallen in love with the 15510 Green dial, but have a very realistic understanding this could be a 5 year wait or never watch, but what AP do know is, they can trust me with it and it will not be sold and worn, and this is where I think the issue is.
When there are so little pieces coming into the UK in one year, how do they decipher who is the most genuine and deserving of those pieces? My thoughts from AP have always been customers are never judged on wealth, I absolutely hand on heart believe they choose their allocation on a piece on that single individual they feel it’s best suited to, or that it would mean the most to.
When friends ask me do you think I would be able to get one, I always ask, why do you want one now? Where were you in 2018 before the bubble started and watches became an asset to many, not a genuine collectors piece?
I think everyone has an opportunity on any piece if they just invest the time, if that’s not something they are prepared to do, then I don’t think it’s realistic to get a watch, no matter how unsavoury they feel this is…
I would always give a huge upthumb to AP UK, I have never been let down by them and I think many brands could learn a trick or 2 on how the customer journey should look on something so special….
I totally agree with what you say . Whenever I have been into AP London, they have been extremely nice to myself and my wife. The staff there are amazing. If you can show your interest as being a true horological person, have a diverse collection and not flipper you could be lucky. I was fortunate to get a grail piece as my first AP last year, so it does happen.
Mr gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 07:50 AM   #32
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
I have been trying to get a black dial 15510. My SA said it is doable as a first piece. That was 6 months ago and still haven't made any progress.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2023, 11:41 AM   #33
Partpr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
To answer OP's question, it depends on the boutique. Some may be more unsavory regarding expectations for first-time allocations. Depends on how much the reps like you, and the wealth improves your chances usually with them, since their most desirable watch is the most 'affordable'. If they are trying to build long-time collector base, well then without stating outright, it's whether or not someone can buy other pieces, as well.

Can a 15510st be a first time allocation? Yes, with economic uncertainty and secondary market slow-down, the opportunities open up for enthusiasts as the profitability of a flip reduces. Good luck!
Crazy enough I got one today on my first trip into the boutique. I may post the whole story later.
Partpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2023, 11:47 AM   #34
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partpr View Post
Crazy enough I got one today on my first trip into the boutique. I may post the whole story later.
Please do!
Old 15 April 2023, 04:18 AM   #35
Mr gadget
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partpr View Post
Congratulations. Photos please.
Mr gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 03:07 AM   #36
Partpr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr gadget View Post
Congratulations. Photos please.
We left the morning after for Napa, Have to tell my wife, then I’ll post stories and pics!
Partpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 08:43 AM   #37
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Best way is to get a VVIP to take you in person and introduce/refer you.

I have done this for some very close friends; they have all become customers.

However only 1 got a 15510 as his first piece. Usually it is 3rd piece.

If you have a friend like that, this is your best chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 09:14 AM   #38
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
Best way is to get a VVIP to take you in person and introduce/refer you.

I have done this for some very close friends; they have all become customers.

However only 1 got a 15510 as his first piece. Usually it is 3rd piece.

If you have a friend like that, this is your best chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. What did they get before? Codes, offshores?