The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 February 2024, 06:28 PM   #31
yankeeromeo
2024 Pledge Member

I agree and disagree

They have been an AD a short time. I joined their list(s) on the day they became an AD.

I also already had a jewellery and other watch brand spend history.

They are a strange AD nice people but really precious. I'm a real enthusiast and not a flipper but that doesn't count.

I chat to others on here who source stuff relatively quickly from their AD. (In the UK)

As I stated I'm in no rush, but having been a good customer before they were an AD I thought I'd see more opportunities
yankeeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 08:32 PM   #32
Subshark1861
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060, 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
LOL. Was thinking similar thoughts, but didn’t want to tell him.….OP, the reality is that you need a very big spend history to even be considered for a SS Daytona. An OP isn’t going to cut it….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, okay, you have much more experience than me but...

December 2022 I asked for a BLNR and was told no way, but I could have a Submariner. The wait would be about 6 months. In May I got the call. I then asked for the BLNR and was told I would be on the list and would probably have it at the end of the year. August I got the call.

November I asked for the Daytona and was told I could go on the list. In my experience my AD has always kept her word.
Subshark1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 08:36 PM   #33
andrewjb88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16302 Rolex OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subshark1861 View Post
Well, okay, you have much more experience than me but...

December 2022 I asked for a BLNR and was told no way, but I could have a Submariner. The wait would be about 6 months. In May I got the call. I then asked for the BLNR and was told I would be on the list and would probably have it at the end of the year. August I got the call.

November I asked for the Daytona and was told I could go on the list. In my experience my AD has always kept her word.
Did you have any buying record before the Sub?

I'd like to get either a Sub or DJ41 Wimbledon at some point.

The only buying records I have are a Tudor GMT at Goldsmiths and Seamaster at Beaverbrooks.
Luch one hand
andrewjb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 08:45 PM   #34
Subshark1861
"TRF" Member

My stepson bought a Datejust. But he did have to wait nearly a year for that, presumably waiting for the configuration to come in.
Old 13 February 2024, 08:48 PM   #35
Subshark1861
"TRF" Member

I went into my hometown AD wearing my Sub and they outright told me they wouldn't put me on their list for a GMT. So I have to travel to where my stepson lives.

The Rolex experience is so variable.
Old 13 February 2024, 10:11 PM   #36
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
So.... made time to pop into my AD today.

Background
I've bought 2 Tudors and 2 Rolex from them in the last 3/4 years as well a small 2/3k jewellery spend. I probably visit about 3/4 times a year. I know several employees pretty well. Always send a happy new year email and then normally one after a visit to say thanks regardless.

So today they had pretty much everything in store, sprite, Daytona panda and reverse, root beer, air king, OP 36 Tiffany, Batman, Pepsi, loads of date justs and a selection of DJ. Nothing platinum or meteorite level but still most I've seen in ages.

I know for a fact they have to display 40 pieces now and can sell everything. You'll never know what's out back but I was assured they are due a delivery soon.

I'm currently down for an OP41 green or blue and a particular date just in blue jubilee non fluted. Both were on display but "sold' already. A little disheartening as I made it clear I was ready to buy.

They let me try on the new daytona. It's very wow. I was however told I wouldn't stand a chance of getting one. Little disappointing as never is very damning

I remained polite and felt it was still a worthy visit. The manager passed comment on the sub on my wrist (she sold me it). On leaving she said she'd call me when she has one of mine available for me.

A day in the life of a watch lover from London.

Sorry but I don't get the story here. So you went into an AD who had nothing to sell but plenty of "for exhibition models". Then you tried on some pieces and they didn't sell you anything but "noted your interest". Then you got laughed out the store when asking for a Daytona...

How is this different than ANY OTHER AD VISIT?
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 11:15 PM   #37
yankeeromeo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Sorry but I don't get the story here. So you went into an AD who had nothing to sell but plenty of "for exhibition models". Then you tried on some pieces and they didn't sell you anything but "noted your interest". Then you got laughed out the store when asking for a Daytona...

How is this different than ANY OTHER AD VISIT?

Maybe I've read your response incorrectly or the kind way you responded just blew me away.

I was sharing my U.K experience as I felt it differed
I have a spend history and still hitting a wall, I read from so many posts it seems to be cooling off wait wise.

I wasn't laughed at. I was told I wouldn't ever qualify.

I think maybe you TYPING in capitals rubbed me up the wrong way. I'll be sure to run any post past you in the future.
yankeeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 05:35 PM   #38
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
Maybe I've read your response incorrectly or the kind way you responded just blew me away.

I was sharing my U.K experience as I felt it differed
I have a spend history and still hitting a wall, I read from so many posts it seems to be cooling off wait wise.

I wasn't laughed at. I was told I wouldn't ever qualify.

I think maybe you TYPING in capitals rubbed me up the wrong way. I'll be sure to run any post past you in the future.
Whilst things are cooling off for the “unflippable” models, pieces like steel Daytona, GMT Pepsi, blue or green Sky-Dweller etc are still incredibly hard to get, with demand massively outstripping supply.

Out of all of these, steel Daytona, particularly white dial is VVIP level of hard.
I honestly wouldn’t take it personally - it’s just business.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 05:56 PM   #39
colonelpurple
2024 Pledge Member

"Always send a happy new year email and then normally one after a visit to say thanks regardless."

personally I think this is going too far, too sycophantic. I am sure the AD thinks it is a bit funny too. Basically you have a relationship. If you want a Daytona tell them and they should put you on their list.

All is fair in love and war. I don't hold any allegiance to any AD. I have bought Rolex from different ADs. They all say you need a relationship, but I find I get offered things if I have a good connection on the first visit.
colonelpurple is offline   Reply With Quote